What's new

Tech Ending combos with d3

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
As most of you know ending with either of Batmans hard knock downs (b112 and sky grapple) when you dash in, if you go for a cross over J2 you'll jump to far and if you back up a bit and delay you're really tipping your hand to your opponent.

After a Mb grapple if you do J2>d3 you now have the cross over J2 in your aresenal. Also if you dash while they are on the ground you enter the center of their body making a NJ2 rather ambiguous. Vs some characters like GL this is a nightmare because the NJ2 or J2 destroy all their wakeups, so they will be forced to block your string.

And the best part is this set up is only 2% less than ending with MB grapple> J2> b112 and 1% more than ending with sky grapple (granted, sky grapple is meterless).

This is also very effective in the corner, setting up the cross over F3, along with the ambiguous NJ2 after a dash.

I'll have a video up sometime tonight so you can see it in action. If you already have bats out, this makes the "unblockable" super scary as you can release bats with the perfect cross over J2 distance.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Sorry I didn't comment on this sooner.

Some weeks ago, I experimented ending my combos with d3, but they were during juggles, not while the opponent was grounded, and I wasn't able to make them practical. Never occurred to me to try it after a MB Grapple.

Would you consider this a better option than just ending your combo with 2 2 to leave them standing and get you an advantage? Because knocking them down with d3 won't stop the Wake-Up options from all characters. Against Green Lantern, I know this would work 100%, but I don't know about some other characters.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Sorry I didn't comment on this sooner.

Some weeks ago, I experimented ending my combos with d3, but they were during juggles, not while the opponent was grounded, and I wasn't able to make them practical. Never occurred to me to try it after a MB Grapple.

Would you consider this a better option than just ending your combo with 2 2 to leave them standing and get you an advantage? Because knocking them down with d3 won't stop the Wake-Up options from all characters. Against Green Lantern, I know this would work 100%, but I don't know about some other characters.
Definitely depends on the characters wake up options but it will be my go to for most characters now especially with the new bat trait recovery

BlastX21

Noob
The crossup F3 is not exclusive to the corner. If used immediately after grabble, j2, d3, it will cross up anywhere.