What's new

Tech - Takeda Ending Combos With BF4

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Thanks to the changes with the September patch and our prodigal son receiving the best treatment possible we have a lot of discovering to do and with the first one being slightly altering our combos for better knockdown pressure with Tornado Strike aka BF4. After the patch it turned into his best ender for every combo that allows it which grants a hard knockdown so no need to worry about rolls and gives you enough time to set up a meaty Kunai (character specific) or Enhanced Kunai's and still bait all the reversals in the game with the only con being slightly reduced damage in BnB's (ranging from 2 to 4%).

Once you get that knockdown you can go for Enhanced Kunai's and go for continued pressure or an attempt at a hard to block mix up, however this being a high risk high reward option it should only be attempted once you get them to respect you. The problem with going for a hard to block mix up is that they can jump out, you can punish this by simply going for Standing 2 to anti air them or letting go of Kunai's, in the end you'll have to figure out the opponents habits and go for what you believe to be the correct option.

In addition to all that there is another interesting application of BF4 knockdown, reversed wake ups. If you hit BF4 at a certain angle while the opponent is in a juggle state, Takeda will land right in the middle of their spine. After that all you have to do is alter the timing of your jump to have their wake ups go in the direction you desire and you can then punish accordingly depending on the character.

This is all still a work in progress, eventually I'll update the thread with proper applications of this knockdown for every character. Also here's a quick video showing the knockdown and what's possible in action (will update to have more set ups versus delayed wake up).

@gross @StealthyMuffin @RedRaptor10 @YOMI Zyphox

If someone would do me a favor of tagging other Takeda players it'd be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Seems great i didn t know that bf4 at the end of combos provided such a great positioning how many percent does the average combos do when it end with it is it a significant drop compared to the bf1 combos?

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Seems great i didn t know that bf4 at the end of combos provided such a great positioning how many percent does the average combos do when it end with it is it a significant drop compared to the bf1 combos?
Not much at all actually, you only lose about 2 to 4% on his basic BnB's.

Like F122+4(1 Hit)xxTeleport > NJP > 44xxBF1 will do 28% if I recall correctly while swapping out the ender for J3xxBF4 will net 25%.

While B21xxEx Kunais > Teleport > NJP > 44xxBF1 nets 38% and swapping that out for J3xxBF4 will net 35 to 36%.

I'm not really sure on the numbers but you won't see a major damage reduction in most of your combos.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Fixed that, it should have said a very hard to block 50/50.

I can't confirm if it's a true unblockable but more like quick high low or low high block depending on how you time it.
whats the 50/50 exactly?

i havent played many good takeda's and i really need to.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
whats the 50/50 exactly?

i havent played many good takeda's and i really need to.
you can either do other head with b21 or low with b3
He is referring to throwing the EX Kunais after a knockdown and holding them while inputting B21...

Depending on the timing of your choice, you can let the Kunais explode first or the B21...

The opponent has to not only guess right, but also fuzzy block for the best chance to stop it from hitting them...

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
ah i see. can i play some takeda's then? ronin? shirai ryu? im gonna keep being destroyed by all these characters flying under the radar!