What's new

Tech Ending combos with 23

Crathen

Death is my business

You can end with 23 from a b1u2 / 132 / f3 starter , this should be his best option to continue pressure midscreen after a combo and setups the wakeup game heavily in your favour , also notice that this is MU specific as some wakeups ( very few ) beat boh f3 and J3 and even in those cases you can just MB f3 to blow them up.

Overall i feel this needs MU specific exploring from DS users as far as i've tested this ender blows up the wakeup game of many characters and since it leaves the opponent upclose unlike the SF ender the mixup options ( j2/j3 , b1u2 / f3 ) are less avoidable and much more applicable.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Very interesting stuff. I've been trying to experiment with the strange properties of the 231 string, and I was never able to come up with something I deemed viable. I'll certainly give these options a shot, seems like a nice relative to the Flying Ninja.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
ive always messed with 23 because i sometimes get that by accident when im playing on a monitor that im not used to when i go for 323. this is actually pretty awesome now i can see how i can make the best out of my execution error

flet

Noob
guys dunno if somebody showed this, but if u end corner combo with 231, u can njp1 into crossup, check it.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I just wanna mention that Ji1 is a good tool to use for this as well. It's got more of a cross up friendly hitbox than Ji2, more able to hit opponents if they happen to walk in a certain direction, and produces higher damage output as opposed to starting with a Ji3 (of course, it does lack the range and disjointed hitbox).

Also, I was going to keep this a secret until I made a new video, but I found a stronger combo off of B1U2 that ends with 23:
B1U2, F3, D2, Ji3, 323, 23 = 30%

What I like about this HKD setup is that unlike 123 and Flip, 23 is an unscaled HKD. No matter how long of a combo you do before it, the opponent is grounded for the same amount of time ALWAYS.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Hey guys lets keep it SS, Short and Sweet. Basically made this video cause I wasn't sure if there are info on use of 23 string or not so I went ahead and made a video on how I like to use it and what potential opportunities ending a combo with 23 can create. Sorry if this is old news to some but I just wanted the info to be on the web. If you guys have more to add please do!

Breaker

~AKUMA~
AK Smarrgasm that video didn't quite capture the point I was trying to make in mine.... I'm not a fan of using "over-safe" Deathstroke and be contempt with pity pressure and chip damage, I go for the kill.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
AK Smarrgasm that video didn't quite capture the point I was trying to make in mine.... I'm not a fan of using "over-safe" Deathstroke and be contempt with pity pressure and chip damage, I go for the kill.
I was just posting it cause it literally is the same thread. If you had different thoughts on it or another video you can just bring it up there instead of making a whole new thread. Like zero hundred said this topic has been brought up before so the other areas of discussion would have been fine. Thats all i was bringing up.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Anyway I've been using this for more than couple of months now and since I saw no video of it (been out of the country for 3 weeks) I decided to make a video of it.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I was just posting it cause it literally is the same thread. If you had different thoughts on it or another video you can just bring it up there instead of making a whole new thread. Like zero hundred said this topic has been brought up before so the other areas of discussion would have been fine. Thats all i was bringing up.
Would you like to merge this to that thread than? I wasn't aware that thread was already created.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Would you like to merge this to that thread than? I wasn't aware that thread was already created.
I cannot merge it cause i dont have mod powers here. I forget who is the Deathstroke mod but if you guys know i would tag them and ask them to do it.

EDIT- J360 work your magic sir.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This reminds me a lot of tech that was found for Jade in MK9. It was really good, but it sacrificed too much damage to be effective. I appreciate the video break down tho, and it will also help other forum users who see this months from now instead of wading through 50 pages of general discussion.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
TakeAChance I'm not sure what you mean by "sacrificed too much damage to be effective" I mean at worst you only sacrificed maybe 6-8%. I mean that's why it's a 50/50 right cause if you win you end with another 33-41%.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
J360 if you're the Deathstroke mod please don't touch this thread let it be. Like TakeAChance mentioned people don't need to go through 50 pages of General Discussion just to read what I broke down in the video.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
TakeAChance I'm not sure what you mean by "sacrificed too much damage to be effective" I mean at worst you only sacrificed maybe 6-8%. I mean that's why it's a 50/50 right cause if you win you end with another 33-41%.

I understand, but if you lose, you end up getting full combo'd.

Different philosophies in players I suppose. I am not saying it's bad, far from it. I just feel like if I could go for 40 instead of 32 I should probably go for 40

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I understand, but if you lose, you end up getting full combo'd.

Different philosophies in players I suppose. I am not saying it's bad, far from it. I just feel like if I could go for 40 instead of 32 I should probably go for 40
I see what you're saying but there is no real loss here cause F3 has a nice block advantage, D1U2 creates enough space for the block string to be safe, and a throw can only be teched. I'm not sure where the true loss is here worst case scenario you for a MB F3 and the backdash in time, you still won't be punished for it and it will just be left at neutral.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I see what you're saying but there is no real loss here cause F3 has a nice block advantage, D1U2 creates enough space for the block string to be safe, and a throw can only be teched. I'm not sure where the true loss is here worst case scenario you for a MB F3 and the backdash in time, you still won't be punished for it and it will just be left at neutral.

All the strings get you punished, unless you meter burn. If I am going to meterburn, I could take 40, do a dash and meterburn a f3.