What's new

Question Ending Combos with 2 3 1

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Hi Fellow Slade Users.

I have a question.

Does anyone bother sometimes ending combos with 2 3 1?

Reason why I ask is because of the positioning it gives you. You end up being full screen away from the player, giving you time to think, go to guns and the person you are playing against has to work themselves back in on you.

Obviously this would be a match up dependant, sometimes you want to stay in.

Thoughts? Am I only one who bothers with this on occasion?

I LOVE MY JOB!

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Sword Flip ender gives you a free jump back or backdash, reaching fullscreen. MB QuickFire giving you maximum damage and distance as well for the cost of 1 bar. And lastly, if you can end with 231, it's better to end with 23 giving you a HKD at the closest range, thus better oki.

gdf

Noob
I'll be completely honest, I don't actually have anything to contribute and think that this is Deathstroke's most visually appealing string. I was hoping that I just missed something when I was training, and that this was both useful and stylish.

PunkMafia83

I'll be completely honest, I don't actually have anything to contribute and think that this is Deathstroke's most visually appealing string. I was hoping that I just missed something when I was training, and that this was both useful and stylish.
I think so. I mean think about it you just sent a character like Joker full screen. Whats he gona do? Eat chip getting in while you build meter.

Reactions: gdf

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I think so. I mean think about it you just sent a character like Joker full screen. Whats he gona do? Eat chip getting in while you build meter.
We're no longer in the old days where DS's primary source of damage was LowGS chip. Now that LowGS does 1% chip and gives the opponent the ability to quickly move in, there's no point in putting someone fullscreen anymore.

PunkMafia83

We're no longer in the old days where DS's primary source of damage was LowGS chip. Now that LowGS does 1% chip and gives the opponent the ability to quickly move in, there's no point in putting someone fullscreen anymore.
I know this I know he is mainly footsie based (I love f3), but just saying, sometimes this may have a use. Maybe vs certain people, certain characters etc.

Like I said, just an idea. Plus it looks boss.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The only point is really just to see how your opponent deals with the zoning. If they appear to be overzealous you can use that info to punish them for stupid stuff on the way in. If they seem able to work their way in intelligently then you can set up to play more to his neutral game strengths.

PunkMafia83

The only point is really just to see how your opponent deals with the zoning. If they appear to be overzealous you can use that info to punish them for stupid stuff on the way in. If they seem able to work their way in intelligently then you can set up to play more to his neutral game strengths.
Thank you Ribbz, this my point explained better. They still have to deal with guns. See how they handle it.

ando1184

Noob
This string is great in the corner, try it. Do a combo and end it with 231 in the corner. It causes you opponent to fall directly under DS so if you neutral jump 1,2 or 3 you get one hell of an ambiguous cross up. It works kinda like some DD setups with his jump d3, only you don't have to dash or anything first.

PunkMafia83

This string is great in the corner, try it. Do a combo and end it with 231 in the corner. It causes you opponent to fall directly under DS so if you neutral jump 1,2 or 3 you get one hell of an ambiguous cross up. It works kinda like some DD setups with his jump d3, only you don't have to dash or anything first.
Thats interesting, my next part of my deathstroke training is studying what to do in the corner, I will remember that thank you.

ryublaze

Noob
Thats interesting, my next part of my deathstroke training is studying what to do in the corner, I will remember that thank you.
I'm pretty sure if they tech roll then u won't get an ambiguous cross-up from that. In the corner end with sword flip then go for f3 cross-up/non cross-up mix-up.

The only use I can think of for 231 would be on Batcave to get rid of those blocks...

Crathen

Death is my business
Being techrollable means that as long they're mashing you won't get any good setups even in the corner. Not a good string or ender in general.

If you want shannenigans you can 323 ( and if they don't techroll ) walk forward and f3 , it crosses up ( this can be done from a combo too ) , or f23 ( non techrolled ) dash up f3 ( crossup ).

It can work if people don't know how to techroll or get caught off guard but i would test them if i get the chance.

PunkMafia83

Being techrollable means that as long they're mashing you won't get any good setups even in the corner. Not a good string or ender in general.

If you want shannenigans you can 323 ( and if they don't techroll ) walk forward and f3 , it crosses up ( this can be done from a combo too ) , or f23 ( non techrolled ) dash up f3 ( crossup ).

It can work if people don't know how to techroll or get caught off guard but i would test them if i get the chance.
Dude I am hella stealing that thanks!

ryublaze

Noob
I don't see any reason to not end with sword flip though...ur losing out on damage for something that can be tech rolled every time. IMO people need to tech roll more in this game cuz tech rolling gets out of a lot of ambiguous cross-up setups.

Crathen

Death is my business
I don't see any reason to not end with sword flip though...ur losing out on damage for something that can be tech rolled every time. IMO people need to tech roll more in this game cuz tech rolling gets out of a lot of ambiguous cross-up setups.
And that's why once they techroll these setups become a waste of damage / wallcarry / setup.

These are gimmicks at best and i'd go for them rarely from time to time just to keep them aware they have to press buttons to techroll , it happens in tournament that people don't techroll ( look at Filippino man WoWo doing his combo and ending it with b1 dash f3 that crosses up only if not techrolled ) and the reward isn't bad if you actually get them working.