What's new

Strategy Ending Combos in 2, 2, d+1

NKZero

Noob
We all know the huge variety of ways at Lex's disposal of ending combos. I've been experimenting with combos that leave the opponent in range to defend against cross-up jumping attacks and I've found that ending with 2, 2, d+1 gives you that situation.

Basically, a typical combo is b+1, 3--MB gravity pull--b+3--j+3--2, 2, d+1.
Now the d+1 in the string actually whiffs but you can still block against wake-ups (haven't tested them all) so the recovery is not too bad.

You are now in perfect range to go for the fake cross-up j+1 (i.e. hit from normal side) or do a cross-up j+2. Even if any of these jump attacks are blocked, you still have frame advantage to throw, go for 50/50 mix-ups or general pressure or what have you. It's super ambiguous as well because the j+1 looks like it'll cross-up and the j+2 sometimes looks like it won't.

Make sure to time the combo so that the d+1 doesn't hit because if you do it too early you get the whole 2, 2, d+1 to hit which isn't ideal.

If you guys mess around with it in the lab and let me know your thoughts that would be great. I'll tag whoever I can remember off the top of my head.
BDMao88
Phosferrax
rev0lver
x5STAR
legion666

NKZero

Noob
I would actually like to change the title because I've made some new discoveries not strictly limited to ending in 2, 2, d+1. STORMS?

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
Seems good on paper, just have to see how well it's implemented with tech rolls and what not
Sorry this is off topic but I don't want to make a thread about something that may already be known, is it common knowledge that while blocking with shields up you take the same chip as the shield is implemented for? i.e lvl 1 blocked attack chip is 2% becomes 2.5% lvl 2 shield attack chip is 2% becomes 1.5% and lvl 3 shield all chip is 0%

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
been doing testing, nothing much but I like ending with b2 instead of 22d1, I find this leaves you in better position for the cross up and with better frame advantage, as with wake ups, learn the opponent, know the MU

Edit: I should be more clear after re-reading it lol, I changed the combo to b13 MB vacuum b3 ji2 b2 and then at that point I back up maybe have a step jump crossover, and for a fake back up about 11/2-2 steps