What's new

End of Fighter Pack 1 Buffs and Stuffs

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Hey guys/gals

What would you like to see happen to Supes after the next patch?

I really only want two improvements:

1. 223 needs to work more like it did in IGAU. That means the ability to link F23 after 223 and resetting Superman to a neutral state when using 223 in the corner. Right now there is too much of a delay when trying to do anything after 223. When the animation is over we should be able to do something else.

2. Get rid of that same delay I mentioned above when using MB DF1 and MB B23. You could B3 after MB the B23 grab in the beta, but it seems impossible now. You're always this close to connecting, but the delay is just long enough. I don't see any reason why we can't B3 after DF1 MB either, your opponent is high enough in the air, but you have to wait until Superman lands AND your opponent is half way back to the ground before you can act. This is just silly.

Agree, disagree? What say you FGC?

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
I think most of the community hates superman so I'd be completely floored if he received any buff. That being said, if I could choose an unrealistic luxury buff i'd just make his d2 have a slightly better horizontal hitbox. This is not going to happen tho.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I don't see why we need to reduce combo damage when starting with mbf3. Superman lacks solid mix ups and with most of the cast having a solid d1, mbf3 comes in handy.

EDIT: @SwagMountains I don't know why everyone has so much hate for him in I2. He is a shell of himself compared to IGAU

Last edited:

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
I don't see why we need to reduce combo damage when starting with mbf3. Superman lacks solid mix ups and with most of the cast having a solid d1, mbf3 comes in handy.
He's just saying superman may receive nerfs and that's what he's willing to give up. Again, superman is probably not going to receive buffs. I don't think he needs them anyway.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
You can get full combos off of each option you just listed. B23MB, you can d2 into b3. Df1MB midscreen doesn't net much but in the corner it's 400+. 223 also leads to a full combo in the corner and is safe on block. I don't think he needs any changes listed, as he can already get a full combo from all those options.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I hear ya. I guess I don't care about buffs like damage and better scaling...I just want my damn combos back lol.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
You can get full combos off of each option you just listed. B23MB, you can d2 into b3. Df1MB midscreen doesn't net much but in the corner it's 400+. 223 also leads to a full combo in the corner and is safe on block. I don't think he needs any changes listed, as he can already get a full combo from all those options.
Well sure we can use d2 for b3 mid screen. I've been doing the same thing in the corner with d2 after f3 in the corner to connect heat zap. I just hate the scaling d2 initiates and since b3 is so close to connecting after mb b23, I don't see why we have to d2 first.

It is entirely possible that I am just being greedy in wanting to use my IGAU combos back.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
What do you do off of df1 mb corner out of curiosity? I've been doing 11 3 breath.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
What do you do off of df1 mb corner out of curiosity? I've been doing 11 3 breath.
I usually spend 2 bars on it, I do df1MB, 3, d2, 3xxdb2MB, f3 3xx bf3. Not actually over 400 but solid damage. You can cut it short and just do bf3 instead of mb breath too for like 300 damage

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I usually spend 2 bars on it, I do df1MB, 3, d2, 3xxdb2MB, f3 3xx bf3. Not actually over 400 but solid damage. You can cut it short and just do bf3 instead of mb breath too for like 300 damage
Sometimes, if I have another bar to spend, I'll loop mb df1 again instead of d2.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

EDIT: @SwagMountains I don't know why everyone has so much hate for him in I2. He is a shell of himself compared to IGAU
Because he does up to 700 damage In the corner, a bit too much lol

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
Is someone hitting raw F3's in the corner without getting their armor used up?
Because that lowers the damage of F3 back to normal

champdee

Noob
I say we should stop with the nerfs buffs and let them do their thing... god, if i had a nickle for how many street fighter players quit inj1 and 2, i'd be rich. Also, don't we want to welcome players from other communitys? Some characters need help, but thisI whole asking for nerfs/buffs era has to stop.. this is just me personally. Do something like sfv, season 1,2,3,4 etc not100000 patches, let the game breathe ya know? And I think superman is fine as is actually.

Tweedy

Noob
You can't look at a character like Superman through Injustice 1 goggles. Black Adam, Catwoman and Aquaman all got nerfed too. It's completely irrelevant, this game is more watered down in terms of firepower than Inj 1. Half the top tier from that game isn't even in this one.

They need to make it so you can't do an otg divebomb early enough to where it doesn't scale.

Getting big damage off of mb f3 in the corner isn't exclusive to Superman. Idk if there's a character in the game that gets 10% less than Superman in that situation.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I feel as though Superman is fairly well balanced as a high tier character. Any nerfs he might see would be unfortunate.

That said, he can't be having unscaled OTG's. I would consider that a fix rather than a nerf.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if NRS considers the extreme plus frames Superman and others are seeing off of deep jump-in attacks such as our j2's unintentional and due for a fix. As such, we might suffer a de facto nerf as a result of a universal fix.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
You can't look at a character like Superman through Injustice 1 goggles. Black Adam, Catwoman and Aquaman all got nerfed too. It's completely irrelevant, this game is more watered down in terms of firepower than Inj 1. Half the top tier from that game isn't even in this one..
I know man, I know. I just...want...my...old combos!

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Damage nerf.
More recovery on blocked & whiffed wake ups.
F2 from 8 to 11frames.
More recovery on air lasers.
a few things here and there and he should be balanced.

Last edited: