What's new

End of 2015 MKX Tier list - UK Edition

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey folks!

All opinions are our own, this list is obviously up for debate.

The end of 2015 is on our doorstep. Due to popular demand, some of the UK MKX scene decided to come together and sum up the end of this year with a tier list for Mortal Kombat X.

A handful of characters were somewhat undecided. Jax could potentially be S, Sonya could very well be A+ and Tremor could be S+. This is discussed in the video.

You can find a video of us discussion in depth every single character and why they are in the placements we selected:

We thoroughly recommend you watch the video first, or at least listen to the portions of characters you're confused about. It will prevent us from answering questions that have already been answered. Check it out below:

This video is Podcast style and is lengthy because of it. For those that only want to know our opinions on certain characters, your timestamps are as follows:

In no particular order:

S+ = The best characters in the game, those that are a cut above the rest.

Kung Lao - 01:00
Liu Kang - 02:59
Tanya - 06:50
Quan Chi - 08:50

S = Not quite the best in the game, but amazingly strong and way better than above average.

Tremor (Could perhaps be s+) - 13:00
Cassie Cage - 14:40
Johnny Cage - 16:05
Predator - 17:25
Sub Zero - 20:33

A+ = Well above average

Jax (Could perhaps be S) - 23:40
Takeda - 27:25
Shinnok -29:25
Reptile - 33:27
Dvorah - 35:15
Kano - 36:19
Kitana - 39:45
Kotal Kahn - 41:24
Mileena - 45:55

A = Well rounded but has certain faults. Making them very balanced.

Erron Black - 49:45
Ermac - 51:49
Kung Jin - 53:30
Scorpion - 55:33
Sonya (Could perhaps be A+) - 58:43
Raiden - 01:02:24

B = Below Average and has faults.

Goro - 01:09:15
Ferra Torr - 01:11:45
Jacqui Briggs - 01:13:25

C = Lacking in many areas and has serious faults.

Jason - 01:18:35
Kenshi - 01:20:32

Considering this list hasn't even been on Twitter for 30 minutes and I've already been bombarded with salty tears from people that disagree with certain placements, I would like to remind you all that this is our opinion only.

Thanks to @UsedForGlue @Undeadjim and @afoxygrampa for helping with this.

Attachments

E

Eldriken

Inb4 Sub-Zero's placement starts a riot.

Thanks for posting a video to go along with it, fellas. I've listened to about half of it at the moment while doing other things. :D

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Originally I disagreed with Liu Kang, but you sold me on it.

Overall, I agree with the list and all placements. The only thing I would change would be the description of tier b. Those characters have faults but I do not believe any of them are below average.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
This is overall a great list that for the most part, I think that jax and shinnok to be higher personally, but then again since I think jax is the best in the game I don't really get to have an opinion

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
better than usual and made by K&M, probably not a coincidence.

the biggest mistake in the list is in my opinion Jaqui, very underrated character that is going to rise soon enough!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Let's hope Kenshi placement helps him to finally get the buffs he desperately needs.

Imo A-List Cage is great, not S great, but A+. His cancels are probably going to get overnerfed due to people overrating him, and we the Cage players will have then two useless variations. I would swap Cage and Jax positions.
Liu Kang needs some touch on his cancels, but I feel he's going to be severly nerfed and become pretty useless too.

For the rest of the list, I completely agree! Seems much more accurate than the Yomi list.
@PND_Ketchup , are you considering the possibility of some sort of variation tier list? I know it would be a lot of work, but in some way a list that rated the three variations of every character.

Aaaaand...Fistibuffs please.

Last edited:

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Do people know what averages are nowadays? How are there 18 fighters who are apparently above the average?

A tier is clearly not well balanced if there are so many characters above them nor does it make sense to say that there are only 5 characters below the average.

If anything the A+ tier is the right approximation of the average with only 9 characters above and 11 below which makes way more sense than your current evaluation.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Do people know what averages are nowadays? How are there 18 fighters who are apparently above the average?

A tier is clearly not well balanced if there are so many character above them nor does it make sense to say that there are only 5 characters below the average.

If anything the A+ tier is the true approximation average with only 8 character above and 11 below which makes way more sense than your current evaluation.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor

Loads of characters are pretty damn good and viable.