What's new

Enchantress Matchup Discussion

I’ve only really played serious sets vs two characters with her.

I’d say she definitely loses to Starfire since hell’s gate becomes virtually useless. You can try and get it out, but if she traits you’re eating like 20%. When you’re scared to get it out, then you’re getting zoned, and you don’t have enough time to curse her unless you meaty curse her wake up or something.

Atrocitus I have the most experience vs, I’d say probably even but don’t really know. He probably actually wins and my friend just wasn’t using enough puddles when full screen. If he gets in it’s hard too

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
I have only played long-ish sets against good Red Hood, Batman and Aquaman.

So far I think Aquaman is gonna be really annoying... She can't really do anything against FTW other than just dash in... He can AA her very easily and his backwalk makes her F2 whiff a lot in my experience so I had to be super careful. The only time I found myself not having a harder time was when he was cornered.

Red Hood also felt annoying but nowhere near as bad as Aquaman because well, his mines are very good against and he really mops her on knockdown.

Batman was the easiest of them all... If he has more than one bat you have to be very careful in the neutral. I felt at advantage from far and very oppressed in the corner.

She is probably gonna have a hard time when cornered in general.
I felt the same about red hood, got mopped on knock down

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
I've changed Wonder Woman to a 4 - 6 MU, I believe this is a fair number that everyone can agree with.

Over all Wonder Woman wins in the neutral and Enchantress has a hard time dealing with her shield toss, she cannot reflect it and she doesn't have any good punishes for it. If the WoWo player spaces correctly they can make this a nightmare MU for Enchantress.

WoWo grossly out damages Enchantress so it feels like the health bars are unequal. However, Enchantress does get most of her damage from setups, but Wonder Woman upwards bash wakeup can get her out of some setups as she jumps upwards

Last edited:

hatyr

tease out the impurities
The Black Manta matchup felt really gross at first but the more I play it is the more I think the matchup evens out. Wonder Woman is still by far my biggest pain point; number 1 priority in that matchup is to stay the eff out of shield range at all times, at all costs imo. I'm still probably playing it wrong but...

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
I'm surprised. Besides Green Arrow, I didn't see too many other chars she does super well against

Vs scarecrow feels like a 5-5. He doesn't have too much trouble getting in, can sometimes teleport around trait, and is great against her in the corner. Disabling his special moves hurts him though (as it does everyone) and her normals feel like they can compete with his

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Hellboy is pretty fucked, he can play neutral just as good as you can and can get away from trait easily, as well as being just generally annoying as fk.

Blue Beetle seems fucked with his flight and in the corner it’s GG’s since you can’t even wake up.

Starfire because her trait is fucked and b2 is a great AA for air dashes.

Also think Ivy is really shit, just chasing her down the whole game and her b2 mid is VERY good to keep you honest in footsie range.

Cheetah is also very annoying as her d3 can low profile our d1 and many other things, it’s stupid. You can bully her with our godlike normals but if you get cornered or she’s sitting fullscreen doing leap cancels and just backdashing cursed, it’s difficult

Vs scarecrow feels like a 5-5. He doesn't have too much trouble getting in, can sometimes teleport around trait, and is great against her in the corner. Disabling his special moves hurts him though (as it does everyone) and her normals feel like they can compete with his
I play Scarecrow and the MU might be in crows favor, he can F3 right over her demon and if fast enough he can port and punish while shes still in curse animation.

GJX7

Honestly I have fun with the Cheetah MU, Enchantress is one of the only characters that you just straight up D2 her out of her leap. Also, fantastic buttons like S1, B1, J1, B2, F2, J2 do a really good at keeping a lid on her and just shutting down her neutral.

Throwing out trait in the neutral can be a nuisance for Cheetah as it restricts her mobility, this then opens you up to take more risky options like rolling in or going for cross-ups as you can't really be punished.

All in all, Enchantress wins the grounded game and shuts down Cheetahs aerial game with good air-to-airs and great anti-airs.

Although, Cheetah does much more damage then Enchantress so if you get into a life deficit it becomes an uphill climb to try to even the life bars. This means that it is better to play a more defence game and bait and punish, being too risky or aggressive could cost you half a life bar off of one mistake.

GJX7

WoWo beats her 7-3 imo, what can she do
It's definitely bad but she has some options, you have to play perfect footsies and keep within at least B2 range so that you can punish the shield. Play for corner carry, every time you get the freeze remember to double dash up, meaty corner pressure and HTBs are where you're really gonna get your game going. Also, on knock down take a small step back and out space her wakeup, if she gets too disrespectful she'll die in the corner.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Before you ask, I play RH. And before you comment, as of the moment I post this, I have yet to lab this in greater detail so don't @ me. These are just my raw thoughts on the mu from the few sets I've played.

So I've been facing quite the number of enchantress's this past week.

This is one of those mus where its very hard to slap a label on. Once Enchantress curses you, the next few sequences are decided from there.

In my experience playing quite the few sets, I've come to notice a particular nuance in that mu. Her d3 is lowkey so dumb in the counterpoking game. It has silly pushback and in my experience the only thing I can do is my 14 frame b2 and a lunge. The latter can be armored even if a mb it so it seems at the distance her d3 grants her on block.

Xibalba is interesting because it seems that jumping over him seems to not be an option because the explosion which is the second hit of his overhead goes behind him too. Playing midscreen against good enchantress's is quite the pain especially in the instance where you don't have your special moves for a good amount of time.

Once her shield is out, my best bet is to throw mines and force her to move then I can reestablish my zoning. It can be best described with "slow and steady but playing with a sense of urgency" when Xibalba enters the fray in that situation.

Again, I gotta lab more and get back to this. But mines are a saving grace in this mu for RH and patient play is how pretty much everyone should be approaching this mu. More to come.

Edit:
Enchantress is a lame duck in this mu when RH knocks her down. Unsurprisingly.

Tweedy

Noob
I’ve only really played serious sets vs two characters with her.

I’d say she definitely loses to Starfire since hell’s gate becomes virtually useless. You can try and get it out, but if she traits you’re eating like 20%. When you’re scared to get it out, then you’re getting zoned, and you don’t have enough time to curse her unless you meaty curse her wake up or something.

Atrocitus I have the most experience vs, I’d say probably even but don’t really know. He probably actually wins and my friend just wasn’t using enough puddles when full screen. If he gets in it’s hard too
You can duck trait and Starfire doesn't win trades with stardust even though 2 of the hits go through the reflect. Starfire can't just trait reflect on reaction and punish. If she tries to do it on a read, just stay patient and duck until she runs out, then put a reflect up and start hexing.

Edit: I know I have a Starfire mood thing which screams bias but I play both and have played Enchantress vs Starfire more than I have the other way around.

Hellboy is pretty fucked, he can play neutral just as good as you can and can get away from trait easily, as well as being just generally annoying as fk.

Blue Beetle seems fucked with his flight and in the corner it’s GG’s since you can’t even wake up.

Starfire because her trait is fucked and b2 is a great AA for air dashes.

Also think Ivy is really shit, just chasing her down the whole game and her b2 mid is VERY good to keep you honest in footsie range.

Cheetah is also very annoying as her d3 can low profile our d1 and many other things, it’s stupid. You can bully her with our godlike normals but if you get cornered or she’s sitting fullscreen doing leap cancels and just backdashing cursed, it’s difficult
star doesnt win imo. ive played both star and enchantress in the mu and although at first glance it seems bad its really not that bad. plus star cant just b2 her j2 on reaction.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I think cyborg loses, his slow projectiles means enchantress easily reacts with the wall. Forces cyborg to play up close and thats not something cyborg wants to do.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I think cyborg loses, his slow projectiles means enchantress easily reacts with the wall. Forces cyborg to play up close and thats not something cyborg wants to do.
What about target acquired and trait though? If you shoot out TA and NB, the wall can only reflect one of those so Cyborg's zoning isn't completely useless. Also, he can still grapple when Fehu hex is up so that's nice

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
What about target acquired and trait though? If you shoot out TA and NB, the wall can only reflect one of those so Cyborg's zoning isn't completely useless. Also, he can still grapple when Fehu hex is up so that's nice
Pretty sure me and you played in WOTG and anybody saying cyborg loses to her is likely playing bad ones or just looking at reflect and saying welp he loses. This is wrong. Cyborg has grapple and his rockets that keep enchantress in check most of the time and if he has a life lead just spamming reflect won't work since he can just throw down this missles. I actually am bad playing against cyborg in general though so i need to grind playing against cyborg.

Reactions: Ram

GJX7

Think this is like 8 - 2, if you can out zone or counter zone Cyborg, he really doesn't have much

hatyr

tease out the impurities
Think this is like 8 - 2, if you can out zone or counter zone Cyborg, he really doesn't have much
A winning match up for him, no. But the Hell's Gate is not an I-WIN button for Enchantress. He has to play smarter but 8-2 is really far-fetched.

GJX7

A winning match up for him, no. But the Hell's Gate is not an I-WIN button for Enchantress. He has to play smarter but 8-2 is really far-fetched.
Just to clarify, the 8 - 2 number was sarcastic, I thought that was clear lol. I thinks it's more 6 - 4 aha

colby4898

lol "she haz reflect so she beets cyberg 8-2"

never change, TYM.
Well when all cyborg has is zoning its a big deal for this match up. Other characters, eg superman, supergirl, blue beetle who all have good zoning the reflect isnt as big a deal because they have great upclose tools. Cyborg doesnt have very good up close tools especially modscreen. So the reflect plays a much bigger part in this matchup than it may for other zoners who also have up close tools.

Note how I say I THINK his is a bad mu. Its too early for thst to be certain still, but its probable.

colby4898

TA gets reflected by wall. The only thing that doesnt is his trait. And yes the grapple does play a much bigger in this match up than it does others. But I think cos hes such a zone heavy character and almost all his options are easily reflected on a read he has to approach. He hasnt got the best normals in the world and I think she wins the up close game. :)