What's new

Enchantress Matchup Discussion

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
Welcome!
This is the official match up discussion thread, here we can talk about strategies, tech and MU numbers against specific characters.

Last edited:

GJX7

I realise at the moment it is far too early to discuss numbers, I just want to get the ball rolling.The only matchup I've put much time into is Superman, I believe Enchantress does well against him.

He cannot zone Enchantress as all of his projectiles can be reflected using Hell's Gate (BF1), every time he throws anything full screen you can put up the reflection and cast a curse immediately afterwards.

Once he realises he cannot zone and starts to come in, Enchantress has some great tools such as B1 and F2 to challenge Superman's footsies. Also, her 6f D1 and her very long range 7f S1 are good resources to poke out of Superman's F23 and breath pressure.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Vs Sub she may end up winning like you say (obviously I don’t know and nobody does) but BF2 is a good punish for clone cancels and it plus serveral moves are anti klone in general and she’s also one of the characters with a lot of pushback when she stand blocks MB burst

GJX7

There's absolutely no reason to have numbers for anyone outside of herself. It hasn't even been a week. I don't mind the discussion but putting down numbers right now is just ridiculous ....
Please take time to read my first reply to this thread, these number can and probably will change, I just want to start a discussion :)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
There's absolutely no reason to have numbers for anyone outside of herself. It hasn't even been a week. I don't mind the discussion but putting down numbers right now is just ridiculous ....
"Call me Match Up Chart if you're nasty"

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
While there is nothing wrong with the thread itself, if you can at least explain your reasoning behind you numbers, it would be infinitely more helpful as numbers don't speak volumes about the mu.

They are simply the end result stemming from logic and reasoning when comparing two characters.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So far not liking Adam the most, all his stuff doesnt get reflected and he can smother her upclose.

Ivy and Aqua are annoying from far away coz of FTD/Drill but managable overall.

First character i ever enjoy fighting superman with, fuck yo lasers. Fate is comfy too coz he cant just chill fullscreen which is nice.

She does well against supergirl which I'm glad for coz starfire gets fucked up, Definitely keeping her as a side character for supes/supergirl/fate.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So I like Enchantress, was hoping she could cover some of the MUs I don't like playing as Black Canary, mainly Supergirl, Catwoman, and Black Adam. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I might have made a mistake

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Obviously it's way too early for numbers, but Harley vs Enchantress isn't very fun, B2 gets reflected by hell gate and full screen Harley can't do much either and she low profiles gunshot pressure. Ivy on the other hand feels really good to play against her, drills force her to come in and her ground game competes fairly well in my experience.

GJX7

While there is nothing wrong with the thread itself, if you can at least explain your reasoning behind you numbers, it would be infinitely more helpful as numbers don't speak volumes about the mu.

They are simply the end result stemming from logic and reasoning when comparing two characters.
Honestly the few numbers I put aren't particularly thought through, at the top of the thread I tried to explain Superman MU the best I could. I have only a few reasons for the other numbers as I've only had short sets with them

GJX7

Honestly the few numbers I put aren't particularly thought through, at the top of the thread I tried to explain Superman MU the best I could. I have only a few reasons for the other numbers as I've only had short sets with them
I want this to be a communal MU chart, not just my personal chart

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
The Enchantress players I beat as Harley were very aggressive, the ones I lost to were usually patient and content to just sit behind the shield and cast hexes until I came to them. Could've been a personal issue and the MU is new ofc.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If I had to guess, I'd think Cyborg ends up being a good matchup for Enchantress. Cyborg relies heavily on staying away and chipping out with Nova Blast. The reflect and hexing away his special move access should deal with Nova Blast and keep him from grappling in close or grappling away. From there Enchantress should be able to dominate the mid range, build up a lead, and force Cyborg to try and come in, which is really not his game.

Tweedy

Noob
Superman loses?

Honestly this early on i'd rather discuss specifics than a chart or numbers on a chart.

I was playing p2w and sooneos starfires and I felt like I had to crawl my way in since she doesn't reflect 2 of 3 of Starfire's projectiles. Also Starfire's bf2 is really good vs Enchantress trait, it gets her out of there and the minion doesn't do a good job of hitting her out of the start up at all. Doing a hard to blockable was out of the question after awhile vs p2w because he'd just bf2 over my b1 and minion. I'd have to make it a point to stuff or block bf2.

Wonder Woman seems really annoying. Do we have a good shield punish? I don't think so. Also shield isn't a projectile so it can't be reflected.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Superman loses?

Honestly this early on i'd rather discuss specifics than a chart or numbers on a chart.

I was playing p2w and sooneos starfires and I felt like I had to crawl my way in since she doesn't reflect 2 of 3 of Starfire's projectiles. Also Starfire's bf2 is really good vs Enchantress trait, it gets her out of there and the minion doesn't do a good job of hitting her out of the start up at all. Doing a hard to blockable was out of the question after awhile vs p2w because he'd just bf2 over my b1 and minion. I'd have to make it a point to stuff or block bf2.

Wonder Woman seems really annoying. Do we have a good shield punish? I don't think so. Also shield isn't a projectile so it can't be reflected.
Starfire is tough i agree, trait being unreflectable alongside star dust means Enchantress has to close in.
Good stuff on the bf2, will definitely keep that in mind coz I haven't fought starfire as Enchantress yet.
Any footage of those matches? High level starfire footage is rare so that'd be nice to watch.

Tweedy

Noob
Starfire is tough i agree, trait being unreflectable alongside star dust means Enchantress has to close in.
Good stuff on the bf2, will definitely keep that in mind coz I haven't fought starfire as Enchantress yet.
Any footage of those matches? High level starfire footage is rare so that'd be nice to watch.
I didn't record but maybe @PLAYING TO WIN did.

GJX7

If you're in range them B21 or F23 punishes, but outside of B2 range she has nothing against that shield