What's new

Enchantress Matchup Discussion

Aquarian gives her a tough time with FTD and he can challenge her at mid range pretty well.

Ivy’s beats her in normal neutral and drills it seems but her trait gets blown up super hard by enchantress.

Wonder Woman is quite oppressive. And there doesn’t seem to be much of an answer for her yet.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Please take time to read my first reply to this thread, these number can and probably will change, I just want to start a discussion :)
I read the OP. You still managed to put actual numbers up there which makes no sense seeing as there is no highest level of Enchantress player yet. Discussions are fine atm, Numbers are not...

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I have only played long-ish sets against good Red Hood, Batman and Aquaman.

So far I think Aquaman is gonna be really annoying... She can't really do anything against FTW other than just dash in... He can AA her very easily and his backwalk makes her F2 whiff a lot in my experience so I had to be super careful. The only time I found myself not having a harder time was when he was cornered.

Red Hood also felt annoying but nowhere near as bad as Aquaman because well, his mines are very good against and he really mops her on knockdown.

Batman was the easiest of them all... If he has more than one bat you have to be very careful in the neutral. I felt at advantage from far and very oppressed in the corner.

She is probably gonna have a hard time when cornered in general.

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
I read the OP. You still managed to put actual numbers up there which makes no sense seeing as there is no highest level of Enchantress player yet. Discussions are fine atm, Numbers are not...
They're extremely likely to change, Im just throwing around ideas, I don't know what the big deal is

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
They're extremely likely to change, Im just throwing around ideas, I don't know what the big deal is
It’s not as big as some people are making it but at the same time, MU #s on day 1 are extremely illogical, especially for a character as complex as Enchantress. There’s no way a number can be concluded in such a small amount of time

GJX7

It’s not as big as some people are making it but at the same time, MU #s on day 1 are extremely illogical, especially for a character as complex as Enchantress. There’s no way a number can be concluded in such a small amount of time
I'm just gonna delete the numbers aha, It was just to see which green I should use tbh lol, I thought I'd at least put green on characters I personally had an easy time with

Tweedy

Noob
Match up numbers are for high level play and none of us are even close to high level with her yet. Also they don't say anything about the match up, they don't really help anyone. All we should do right now is discuss specifics.

GJX7

Match up numbers are for high level play and none of us are even close to high level with her yet. Also they don't say anything about the match up, they don't really help anyone. All we should do right now is discuss specifics.
I wish people would just ready the first reply lol..........

GJX7

Against Green Arrow her reflect does wonders, reflecting low arrows kills him as it will come back at him as a low shot so he will have to block or jump it. Also, some minion setups do a good job of stuffing his wake up options

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
If you’re fighting an ivy, you don’t have to worry about Yoshi at all. You can reflect the shots and the burrow. She has to use Yoshi upclose and rushdown with it

Other than that, Ivy still plays her game lol.

Red hood felt kind of difficult for me however I feel she does well vs supergirl. Atro might be 5-5 but it's hard to start anything while respecting puddle you kinda have to go in

I have only played long-ish sets against good Red Hood, Batman and Aquaman.

So far I think Aquaman is gonna be really annoying... She can't really do anything against FTW other than just dash in... He can AA her very easily and his backwalk makes her F2 whiff a lot in my experience so I had to be super careful. The only time I found myself not having a harder time was when he was cornered.

Red Hood also felt annoying but nowhere near as bad as Aquaman because well, his mines are very good against and he really mops her on knockdown.

Batman was the easiest of them all... If he has more than one bat you have to be very careful in the neutral. I felt at advantage from far and very oppressed in the corner.

She is probably gonna have a hard time when cornered in general.
I agree red hood felt like a steep uphill climb.

Played an extensive set as Green Arrow against her and I had a pretty rough time. Hell's Gate really messes you up in neutral as you can't really use your arrows.

I personally believe she'll just be at an advantage against zoners that don't do well up close. She can shut down projectiles and set up her debuffs on you while staying safe at fullscreen.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Played an extensive set as Green Arrow against her and I had a pretty rough time. Hell's Gate really messes you up in neutral as you can't really use your arrows.

I personally believe she'll just be at an advantage against zoners that don't do well up close. She can shut down projectiles and set up her debuffs on you while staying safe at fullscreen.
Just theory fighting rn but can’t he slide her hexes on reaction? I mean yeah, obviously her reflect is good but people are acting like she gets free hexes against zoners

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I don’t want to raise the alarm but here’s what I’ve noticed in the GA mu.

Reflection obviously sets the pace of this mu. You end up having to slide the whole match so you inevitable become predictable.

Since she can back dash out of hex’s there’s an added layer of mix up ie. “will she/won’t she hex after she knocks you full screen and set up a shield.”

You will assume wake up slide is the answer. She’ll looking for it because your pressure ends shortly after she blocks it and you’re down a meter.

SHE WILL GET HEXES OUT

ALL of the hexes are a problem each for their own reason but the one hex in particular that feels absolutely broken in this mu is the one that prevents special moves.

It completely shuts down his arrow game and he can no longer slide to get in. Once she gets that hex out she can keep renewing it forcing you to have to get in quickly.

She eventually end up backing away and using it while swatting you out of your dash in and jumping attempts.

GA becomes extremely predictable in this mu after the special null is in play. It feels like her hexes shut down his ability to advance. Idk if any of you know how tough this mu is going to be moving forward. I only see it getting worse as new tech gets found.

Thoughts?

If I had to guess, I'd think Cyborg ends up being a good matchup for Enchantress. Cyborg relies heavily on staying away and chipping out with Nova Blast. The reflect and hexing away his special move access should deal with Nova Blast and keep him from grappling in close or grappling away. From there Enchantress should be able to dominate the mid range, build up a lead, and force Cyborg to try and come in, which is really not his game.
Yeah she likely bodies him.
Injustice 2 as a whole is just not Cyborg's game.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I don’t mean to downplay. GA is like my 3rd character. I just want to talk about the specifics of the mu in case there’s something I’m missing.

I know some of you guys get little dopamine highs on being the guy who “already found the tech” or being the first guy to point out possible down/upplayers but can we still have discussions from time to time?