What's new

EMPR Knicks is your GameStop Hometown Heroes Champion!

Skedar70

Noob
I didn't know it was a satellite to ELEAGUE. I thought this was the end of the road. I wasn't comparing it to making top 8 at majors for IPS points because again, I thought this was a separate thing.

So only Knicks gets the spot correct?

Also, when is the last qualifying tournament for top 16 and when does the top 16 fight it out? Also, since Knicks has a spot guaranteed, does that mean only 7 of the top 16 can make it? Clearly I'm out of the loop here, so confused.
First and Second got direct spots to eleague. It was all free. They had all their expenses paid for

Skedar70

Noob
Interesting. So does they are guaranteed a spot in the top 8? If so, does that mean out of the top 16 from the IPS leaders, only 6 can make it through to ELEAGUE?
There are 16 spots in eleague. Top 8 out of the IPS tour make it. Then 2 from hometown heroes, 2 from liga latina, 2 from the Europe path to pro, and 2 from a last qualifier that I have no idea when or how it will work.

https://www.injustice.com/esports scroll down

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Great Top 8. Very good gameplay from all players and great character diversity. Kudos to EMPR Knicks for going home with the win!

But why the fuck there were so many empty seats at the end? WHY?

Regardless this was a great event. Hope to see more of those for IJ2 and MK11 when that game comes out.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
Everything as far as our flights, hotels, etc were paid for by ESL so that's probably why it got a little less than path to pro. The big prize was Eleague obviously.

Tfw Juggs doesn't know anything but i'll fill him in.

Eleague = 250k pot bonus on TBS

8 make it in through IPS, 2 through hometown heroes, 2 through path to pro, 2 through Latam, 2 through the last chance qualifier(aka me kappa).

so 16 in total. Knicks and Nubcakes are two of the 16 now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Okay, that makes more sense. Damn @CrimsonShadow and his misinformation!

Thanks buddy.
What was the misinformation?

Like I said, 16 players go to the IPS finals from the Pro Series standings. Only 8 of those proceed to ELEAGUE.

This means you could be #1 in the rankings, and if you go to the Pro Series finals, have a bad day, and get bodied, you're still not making ELEAGUE.

The Hometown finalists skip that Top 16 playoff altogether and go straight to eleague. Imo that's a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Everything as far as our flights, hotels, etc were paid for by ESL so that's probably why it got a little less than path to pro. The big prize was Eleague obviously.

Tfw Juggs doesn't know anything but i'll fill him in.

Eleague = 250k pot bonus on TBS

8 make it in through IPS, 2 through hometown heroes, 2 through path to pro, 2 through Latam, 2 through the last chance qualifier(aka me kappa).

so 16 in total. Knicks and Nubcakes are two of the 16 now.
Tfw Tweedy is good guy Tweedy. Thanks man.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
It was a great tournament to watch, just wish i had known it was coming, a friend just threw it on by accident. I'm really glad these are all on one stream or I'd have missed this and some other hometown hero stuff too!

Congrats to everyone, even more so to nubcakes and knicks.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What was the misinformation?

Like I said, 16 players go to the IPS finals from the Pro Series standings. Only 8 of those proceed to ELEAGUE.

This means you could be #1 in the rankings, and if you go to the Pro Series finals, have a bad day, and get bodied, you're still not making ELEAGUE.

The Hometown finalists skip that Top 16 playoff altogether and go straight to eleague. Imo that's a pretty good deal.
Idk man, you confused me somehow with your confuse ray. Therefore misinformation. Lol, seriously though, thank you and eveyone else for holding my hand through this, idk why I was so confused.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)