What's new

EMPR Knicks is your GameStop Hometown Heroes Champion!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
hth12.png

The finals for Hometown Heroes landed tonight in Las Vegas. After all of the GameStop competitions, eight of the top players from these events were flown to Las Vegas to compete in this finale. They showed up, put up, talked trash and some even mopped. See below for the match breakdown and results.

hthfinals.png

Miami: DR Gross (Black Adam/Green Lantern) vs Chicago: Anbu GetReked (Superman/Atrocitus)
3-2

New York: EMPR Knicks (Darkseid) vs San Fran: BlindDucky (Harley Quinn)
3-0

Dallas: HandySavage (Catwoman) vs LA: NubCakes (Batman)
1-3

Seattle: STDX 2EZ (Atrocitus) vs Atlanta: Noble Tweedy (Superman)
0-3

Chicago: Anbu GetReked (Superman) vs San Fran: BlindDucky (Harley Quinn)
3-1

Dallas: HandySavage (Catwoman) vs Seattle: STDX 2EZ (Doctor Fate)
3-1

Miami: DR Gross (Black Adam/Aquaman) vs New York: EMPR Knicks (Darkseid)
1-3

LA: NubCakes (Batman) vs Atlanta: Noble Tweedy (Superman)
WOW! 3-0

Chicago: Anbu GetReked (Superman) vs Atlanta: Noble Tweedy (Superman)
0-3

Dallas: HandySavage (Catwoman) vs Miami: DR Gross (Green Lantern)
1-3

New York: EMPR Knicks (Darkseid) vs LA: NubCakes (Batman)
3-1

Miami: DR Gross (Black Adam) vs Atlanta: Noble Tweedy (Superman)
3-0

Miami: DR Gross (Aquaman/Green Lantern) vs LA: NubCakes (Batman)
1-3

GRAND FINALS
LA: NubCakes (Batman) vs New York: EMPR Knicks (Darkseid)
1-3

hthw.png

Congratulations to EMPR Knicks for winning Hometown Heroes Finals!
Congratulations to both EMPR Kicks & NubCakes for placing and moving on to ELeague!

hthp.png
Source: https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm
Event archive: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170321154

More information on Hometown Heroes here: http://pro.eslgaming.com/inj2/hometownheroes/

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The whole Hometown heroes seemed messy tbh. I didn't even understand how it all worked and they ran it on a Wednesday (again) and it was a rough start the first few weeks
I mean I'm definitely grateful for it and it was really an interesting endeavor. It just seemed the promotion, production and execution were lacking. Also, a little surprised the winner got $2,500. That's not to say that isn't good money, but going through all that qualifying and having to win so consistently only for a 4 digit payoff seems a bit "meh" to me.

Not trying to be too critical, just being honest.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I'd be interested to hear the details on travel, lodging etc. My guess....not payed for by the player. Hence the low payouts. But that's super cool for these young men to get to do that if my suspicions are the case. Props to them.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I mean I'm definitely grateful for it and it was really an interesting endeavor. It just seemed the promotion, production and execution were lacking. Also, a little surprised the winner got $2,500. That's not to say that isn't good money, but going through all that qualifying and having to win so consistently only for a 4 digit payoff seems a bit "meh" to me.

Not trying to be too critical, just being honest.
The real payoff was an instant berth in the ELEAGUE finals without having to go through the Pro Series tour, not the money.

You're saying these guys had to go through a lot, but the alternative is to do what everyone else did -- buy plane tickets every week and be in a different city or country. And then face 6-10 of the absolute top players in the world at every single event.

Then those top guys have to all play each other, and only 8 out of the top 16 Pro Series finishers will make it to ELEAGUE.

I'd say the Hometown guys are actually making out pretty well.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Tfw you say the New York scene was free and you shoulda took that scene over but you go 0-2 and the guy from New York wins the whole thing.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The real payoff was an instant berth in the ELEAGUE finals without having to go through the Pro Series tour, not the money.

You're saying these guys had to go through a lot, but the alternative is to do what everyone else did -- buy plane tickets every week and be in a different city or country. And then face 6-10 of the absolute top players in the world at every single event.

Then those top guys have to all play each other, and only 8 out of the top 16 Pro Series finishers will make it to ELEAGUE.

I'd say the Hometown guys are actually making out pretty well.
I didn't know it was a satellite to ELEAGUE. I thought this was the end of the road. I wasn't comparing it to making top 8 at majors for IPS points because again, I thought this was a separate thing.

So only Knicks gets the spot correct?

Also, when is the last qualifying tournament for top 16 and when does the top 16 fight it out? Also, since Knicks has a spot guaranteed, does that mean only 7 of the top 16 can make it? Clearly I'm out of the loop here, so confused.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I didn't know it was a satellite to ELEAGUE. I thought this was the end of the road. I wasn't comparing it to making top 8 at majors for IPS points because again, I thought this was a separate thing.

So only Knicks gets the spot correct?

Also, when is the last qualifying tournament for top 16 and when does the top 16 fight it out? Also, since Knicks has a spot guaranteed, does that mean only 7 of the top 16 can make it? Clearly I'm out of the loop here, so confused.
No, NubCakes and Knicks BOTH go to Eleague.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No, NubCakes and Knicks BOTH go to Eleague.
Interesting. So does they are guaranteed a spot in the top 8? If so, does that mean out of the top 16 from the IPS leaders, only 6 can make it through to ELEAGUE?