What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So there’s rumors of a June release. But with COVID-19, I doubt that’s even a possibility at this point. I’m still super excited for this game, and hope it does eventually drop this year at some point. But, I don’t have as high of hopes with everything going on.

Has anyone heard anything at all?
Considering there's been little to no marketing since the E3 teaser, I HIGHLY doubt the game is dropping in June. Maybe June is when the marketing hype train is (was, plan may have changed due to COVID complications) supposed to start?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Considering there's been little to no marketing since the E3 teaser, I HIGHLY doubt the game is dropping in June. Maybe June is when the marketing hype train is (was, plan may have changed due to COVID complications) supposed to start?
That’s just what the release date says on Google. But at any rate, I agree. I don’t see this coming out probably even this year. COVID-19 is most likely to blame. Which is super unfortunate. Kinda ironic that a game like Elden Ring would be absolutely perfect for a time like this. Just a completely immersive experience to escape from what is going on. It would be such a nice escape...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
The official site says "coming soon" so that Google launch date doesn't look to be accurate. You have the issue of next-gen consoles presumably releasing at the end of the year as well as coronavirus impacting everything.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I want to be excited but OPEN WORLD is making me really cautious.
The story seems to be "what of dark souls was lord of the rings", which I'm not sure is a good thing.
But really at this point we know nothing about the game, so there is no reason to care.
Every Souls game is Open World.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Man, I cannot believe it’s actually finally coming out. This 6-7 month wait is gonna be brutal, but at least we have a release date. Also, it’s coming out sooner than I thought, I was thinking March 2022 at the earliest, so I’m pleasantly surprised.

I’m already preparing to take that Friday off, and play it all weekend. This is the type of game where I’m so hyped for, I have that thought of “man, I hope I don’t die before I get to play it”. I have a feeling I’m going to grind this game more than any FromSoft game to date. Let’s. Fucking. GO!!

Komatose

The Prettiest
Mannnn Andre done crafted that woman a whole arm to keep fighting. They wildin lmao

But nah rt I’m hella excited. I play DS3 and BB to this day religiously and those games are pretty old now. So I imagine that if those games have THAT much play value to them for me personally, how much this one is going to give... I’m hella pumped for this and I haven’t been pumped for a release in a minute. I think Injustice 1 was the last game I was hype for (don’t get me started) and I was hype for Black Ops 1 on release. So my expectations are high and few and far between but I doubt Miyazaki will let this game be a let down.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I have full faith in Miyazaki and FromSoft. But I do have concerns of being able to go in “any order” as far as the 6 Kingdoms are concerned. I know they said “justabout any order”, but my concern is progression of difficulty. In games where you can go in any order, you HAVE to make the enemies and bosses easier than you would have normally in a linear progressing game. But like i said, I have faith in FromSoft and Miyazaki, so I’m sure this won’t be an issue.

Also, there’s some absolutely JUICY information in that interview:

Miyazaki: “We think rather than recommending a specific way for players to tackle each encounter, one of the things we wanted to stress in this game was, again, that freedom to choose how to take on encounters and how to approach these various situations. So there's a large variety of ways you can approach combat, and a large range of abilities you can acquire. We wanted to allow the player to combine these different elements to find their own strategy, and even take indirect approaches to combat if they wanted to. So yes, this is something that we wanted to explore more so than our previous games and really focus on, is this level of variety and this level of freedom in combat.

Miyazaki:. A part of making this new world with this new huge sense of scale was adding enjoyment to that sense of exploration, having players feel encouraged, and give them a desire to explore as much as they want. And so that could be through acquiring new weapons and magic spells and abilities such as the different spirit summons. We wanted to place these elements so the players will enjoy exploring the map and discovering these elements for themselves. There are cases in which you can buy them [arts, magic, etc.] at stores or learn them from NPCs, but generally they are hidden throughout the game’s world for the player to discover through exploration, rather than unlocking them through a skill tree as in previous titles.

I think one thing that's worth mentioning is the skills, which is a returning feature from previous games, but, again, we're concentrating on the level of freedom that it gives the player. So before, where there was a certain skill attached to a certain weapon, now you're actually able to freely interchange skills between a large variety of weapons. There are, I believe, around a hundred skills in total. Obviously you're free to combine your different skills with different weapons. You're free to build your character with different weapons and equipment. You're free to learn magic as well. So if you throw all of these things in, we think the build customization is going to be even richer and even more varied than before”

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I doubt this may be a thing, but the possibility of equipping the spin slash weapon skill with an UGS sounds so freaking fun

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I doubt this may be a thing, but the possibility of equipping the spin slash weapon skill with an UGS sounds so freaking fun
I’m just excited for the potential variety in PvP. One of the reasons I love Soulsborne games so much… and there’s A LOT of reasons. But one reason is after exploring every nook and cranny and really immersing myself into the world and the PvE, I get to dive into the PvP. So not only is there replay value with New Game + (NG+), there’s infinite replay value with the PvP. It’s just simply perfect honestly.

Also, I’ve gotten fairly good at PvP in souls games. At least in the Dark Souls trilogy. Never got to PvP on Bloodborne, and Demon Souls is the only FromSoft “Souls” game I’ve yet to play. But regardless, I’m actually pretty good at Souls PvP. Been playing a lot of DSR lately, and man, even though the PvP in DS1 is super broken, it’s still really fun.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Dark Souls with mounts should be interesting.
I hope coop is actually encouraged this time.

And for covenants not to suck.
I felt like co-op in souls games (BB included, idk about the others) have been okay but the problem with DS3 is that certain covenants became literally irrelevant over time, such as the blue sentinels. Also the rewards were rather lackluster in my opinion, especially only having two per covenant. What I would like to see is elongated co-op and elongated invasions. I like the ember system where you can get invaded while embered or playing co-op. But instead of the friendly despawning after a boss kill, they keep playing so people can enjoy the game together without constantly having to invite/sign/ring/etc. whereas PvP players can have a constant range of invasions as well.

And uh... Mounts? Is this confirmed? Mounts in a souls game sounds... Splendid.

I felt like co-op in souls games (BB included, idk about the others) have been okay but the problem with DS3 is that certain covenants became literally irrelevant over time, such as the blue sentinels. Also the rewards were rather lackluster in my opinion, especially only having two per covenant. What I would like to see is elongated co-op and elongated invasions. I like the ember system where you can get invaded while embered or playing co-op. But instead of the friendly despawning after a boss kill, they keep playing so people can enjoy the game together without constantly having to invite/sign/ring/etc. whereas PvP players can have a constant range of invasions as well.

And uh... Mounts? Is this confirmed? Mounts in a souls game sounds... Splendid.
Yeah longer coop sessions is all I basically want too. I want to be able to play the whole game with a friend if I want to, like Nioh 2's Expeditions.
I appreciated the vision they were going for in the original DeS and Dark Souls but now I'd just rather have the option to be consistent instead of breaking up our playthrough over and over resummoning.

Covenants are just boring and need more everything. The rat dudes were the only cool one but they don't all need to be that trolly.

C-Sword

Noob
According to kotaku, the game will have no difficulty settings and its difficulty will be comparable to Dark Souls 3, so easier than Bloodborne and Sekiro.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
According to kotaku, the game will have no difficulty settings and its difficulty will be comparable to Dark Souls 3, so easier than Bloodborne and Sekiro.
Idk why people thought it was even a possibility that there was going to be a difficulty setting. Especially for a FromSoft game made by Miyazaki.

Also, difficulty settings are only really useful to make games harder. A game/franchise that I think would benefit tremendously from a difficulty setting is Pokémon.

Anyway, the difficulty being comparable to DS3 doesn’t mean it’ll automatically be easier than Bloodborne and Sekiro. Besides, in general, “difficulty” especially In this context is highly subjective. Regardless, for me it doesn’t really matter. I have full faith in FromSoft and Miyazaki anyway. I just can’t wait to get my hands on this game!