What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

I want to be excited but OPEN WORLD is making me really cautious.
The story seems to be "what of dark souls was lord of the rings", which I'm not sure is a good thing.
But really at this point we know nothing about the game, so there is no reason to care.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
@ItsYaBoi Yikes is my response lol. Nobody here is rabidly waiting to give money to a game we know nothing about.

There's also nothing wrong with being excited about a new IP when you know who the creators are.

Nobody is criticising you for not liking the trailer. I didn't think it was great as far as trailers go either. But don't criticise the 'world' when we havent even seen it.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
@ItsYaBoi Yikes is my response lol. Nobody here is rabidly waiting to give money to a game we know nothing about.

There's also nothing wrong with being excited about a new IP when you know who the creators are.

Nobody is criticising you for not liking the trailer. I didn't think it was great as far as trailers go either. But don't criticise the 'world' when we havent even seen it.
Lol wut? I can criticise the 'world' if you guys can be excited and praise what little we've seen of the 'world'. And yes, that trailer showed off the world, no matter how small.

It works both ways. Don't tell people what they can and can't like, I'm not shitting on y'all for liking it, I'm simply stating that I, MYSELF, wasn't excited by what I saw.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Literally nobody here has praised the world. We're all excited because of WHO is working on the project.

Jesus, From fanboys are the worst. Let me clarify, from WHAT WE'VE SEEN OF IT THUS FAR, the world (character designs fall under this by the way) looks boring. You have a fucking troll doll looking up at the flaming sky, and a generic viking looking dude who is hammering away at something.

If you think this is the pinnacle of design, then consume more media.
And here we go, rabid fanboys. 'How DARE somebody not be absolutely IN LOVE WITH THEIR LIMITED MARKETING AND WANT TO LAY DOWN MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT JUST BECAUSE IT HAS TWO WELL RENOWNED PEOPLE WORKING ON IT'.

I love how this is what the internet has become though, an echo chamber where if you express a different opinion you get shouted at. Companies must love it, they've got such loyal stans who they don't even have to pay - in fact, you pay them lol.

Bootlickers everywhere.
It works both ways. Don't tell people what they can and can't like, I'm not shitting on y'all for liking it, I'm simply stating that I, MYSELF, wasn't excited by what I saw.

You are shitting on people for liking it, and shitting on them for 'liking' parts of it nobody here even said they liked.

And if you believe that trailer showed off 'the world', why don't you go ahead and tell me what you think of the politics in the world? The flora and the fauna? The Monarchy and / or democratic system? The fiefdom? The deities?

One guy asked you what you meant by 'not liking the look of the world' and you had to go off on a rant against capitalism and call everyone excited about the game a bootlicker. Chill out.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Did I say we'd seen all of the world? Where did I say that? Would you like to point it out?

Jesus, From fanboys are the worst. Let me clarify, from WHAT WE'VE SEEN OF IT THUS FAR, the world (character designs fall under this by the way) looks boring. You have a fucking troll doll looking up at the flaming sky, and a generic viking looking dude who is hammering away at something.

If you think this is the pinnacle of design, then consume more media.
You said for a world created by them, you expected something more unique. We haven’t seen the world yet, so how do you know it isn’t unique?? Lmao

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
And here we go, rabid fanboys. 'How DARE somebody not be absolutely IN LOVE WITH THEIR LIMITED MARKETING AND WANT TO LAY DOWN MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT JUST BECAUSE IT HAS TWO WELL RENOWNED PEOPLE WORKING ON IT'.

The designs we have seen thus far are boring as shit, it looks uninspired. I'm sure the gameplay will be fantastic as I've already said, because From games always are. But my original point - and I stand by it - is that from WHAT WE'VE SEEN THUS FAR (it's a small amount yes, but if you can infatuated with seeing such a small amount, then I can also be unexcited by it, works both ways) is that the world and designs look super boring. I expected something more unique visually from a collab between the creators of Sekiro/Soulsborne, and the creator of GoT.

I love how this is what the internet has become though, an echo chamber where if you express a different opinion you get shouted at. Companies must love it, they've got such loyal stans who they don't even have to pay - in fact, you pay them lol.

Bootlickers everywhere.
I'm not against the freedom to express an opinion, I'm against negative views powered by a lack of education in those opinions. and the entitlement that comes with it. At least try? "Uninspired"... that's.. untrue as I mentioned in the previous post. You have no clue here, please get one.
Art-style looking "boring" to you, is purely subjective, I myself am not even familiar with Celtic mythology and yet I can see this is going to be indescribably glorious, maybe even grossly incandescent?

You can point fingers saying we shouldn't blindly support elite artists coming together to create something innovative and grand, you can do that.. and I can say whoever pointing that finger is spoiled and unsatisfiable.
I'd argue being a bootlicker opposed to someone who admires the work of what those artists are capable of bringing and who isn't shy to speak up and spread it onto others. But oh right... it's much easier to hate on stuff isn't it? It's cooler to shit on what people like than to confess enjoyment, what a great look you have on the global evolution of feedback to artists who.. actually spend their life to create stuff for you to enjoy.. Fuck em, because YOU can't see it, try harder, amateurs, until it's reduced to something you can actually grasp, a husk of what it could've been.

You can't criticise anything just yet (bet given your view, I don't think you're capable of that on an objective level anyway), the only fair thing to assume, is that FromSoft will release yet another entry with better elements than the one that came before it. Just like the prophecy foretold.

rabid fanboy out~

Last edited:

djynn

hsu hao main
As a GRRM fan I honestly think the guys doing too much lmao I mean he's got two books to finish for GOT but you won't catch me complaining about GRRM dark souls

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I'm not against the freedom to express an opinion, I'm against negative views powered by a lack of education in those opinions. and the entitlement that comes with it. At least try? "Uninspired"... that's.. untrue as I mentioned in the previous post. You have no clue here, please get one.
Art-style looking "boring" to you, is purely subjective, I myself am not even familiar with Celtic mythology and yet I can see this is going to be indescribably glorious, maybe even grossly incandescent?

You can point fingers saying we shouldn't blindly support elite artists coming together to create something innovative and grand, you can do that.. and I can say whoever pointing that finger is spoiled and unsatisfiable.
I'd argue being a bootlicker opposed to someone who admires the work of what those artists are capable of bringing and who isn't shy to speak up and spread it onto others. But oh right... it's much easier to hate on stuff isn't it? It's cooler to shit on what people like than to confess enjoyment, what a great look you have on the global evolution of feedback to artists who.. actually spend their life to create stuff for you to enjoy.. Fuck em, because YOU can't see it, try harder, amateurs, until it's reduced to something you can actually grasp, a husk of what it could've been.

You can't criticise anything just yet (bet given your view, I don't think you're incapable of that on an objective level anyway), the only fair thing to assume, is that FromSoft will release yet another entry with better elements than the one that came before it. Just like the prophecy foretold.

rabid fanboy out~
Holy shit. That right there is the most stupid thing I have ever read. So because somebody is saying to not BLINDLY SUPPORT something, you think they're spoiled. You're just another chump guzzling down corporate loads, whereas I prefer to actually look at things with a critical eye instead of through the eyes of an 8 year old child at Christmas.

Also lol at you saying you can't criticise anything yet. As I said earlier, you shouldn't praise anything yet then. I think the designs are shit, boring and uninspired. You can't change my mind, that's my opinion and that's all I came in here with - my opinion. I never stated it as fact, so yes, as you say at the start of your drivelling drippy response, it is subjective. So my question to you is, why so mad over something subjective? You don't like opinions other than your own?

Grow up.

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
You said for a world created by them, you expected something more unique. We haven’t seen the world yet, so how do you know it isn’t unique?? Lmao
Jesus christ......

Look at my other responses. We have partially seen the world, it's called the fucking trailer lmao. And the world in that trailer looked fucking boring.

You okay? Get it yet?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Literally nobody here has praised the world. We're all excited because of WHO is working on the project.

You are shitting on people for liking it, and shitting on them for 'liking' parts of it nobody here even said they liked.

And if you believe that trailer showed off 'the world', why don't you go ahead and tell me what you think of the politics in the world? The flora and the fauna? The Monarchy and / or democratic system? The fiefdom? The deities?

One guy asked you what you meant by 'not liking the look of the world' and you had to go off on a rant against capitalism and call everyone excited about the game a bootlicker. Chill out.
Did I say it showed off the WHOLE WORLD? Quote where I said that please. I'll be waiting.

Nope, I didn't shit on people for liking it in my initial post, I simply said that I was disappointed in the look of the world and the designs in it. Then every fanboy jumped on me for daring, DARING to look at a product of From's with a perspective that isn't 'shove your corporate cock down my throat'.

That trailer partially showed off the world, and currently from what we've seen I think it looks boring and uninspired.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I'm more hype about the premise and the design collabo than the trailer if I'm being real. It did seem a bit generic. Still looking forward to it though and to some longer trailers.
This is basically what I'm saying. I even said the game will no doubt be amazing. I even said I can't wait for gameplay.

But people on here are sensitive man children.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
2 of my biggest problems with Soulsborne games are 1. Silent protagonists and 2. Indirect narrative.

I'm hoping GRRM on board changes all of that.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
It was more of a teaser, you didn’t see the world. You saw snippets of cutscenes, lmao. Sorry but you gotta take an L on this one.
Nope, L is all yours. Do you think we just saw a black screen then? Fucking Christ....

We saw some character designs. Characters who are part of the world. They looked boring, and shit. In my opinion.

Checkmate.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Has anyone heard any new news lately on Elden Ring? If there isn’t any, this could still be a long way away from release...

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Has anyone heard any new news lately on Elden Ring? If there isn’t any, this could still be a long way away from release...
You don't follow many George RR Martin projects do you? :DOGE

I wouldn't expect it for a while, I feel like that trailer came out a week after Sekiro was released and it was just a teaser

kcd117

Noob
I think we will wait at least some good 5 years before this comes out.

With the PS5 announcement I expect a bloodborne sequel to show up next, as it was a huge console seller for this generation.

Gamer68

Fujin!
There have been some rumors that the game will be releasing sometime next year (2020) but we don't know for sure 100%.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the game come out around the same time as the next systems.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Guys, don't get ahead of yourselves. Remember that small teaser for Cyberpunk 2077? That was like 5 years ago. Unless GrrM and Miyazaki are gonna do an NrS on it and show off a proper trailer and gameplay a few months before release, we're looking at a 2 year wait minimum.

You can quote me on this.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I think we will wait at least some good 5 years before this comes out.

With the PS5 announcement I expect a bloodborne sequel to show up next, as it was a huge console seller for this generation.
I would say at the latest 2021, but I could be wrong. I think they have already been working on it for awhile from sources I researched when the first teaser came out.

I’ve been playing anime souls (Code Vein) and the storylines are great. And it made me think of how good the story can be with Elden Ring considering GRRM is involved. My only hesitation right now is they said there’s no NPC interaction. That has me a little bit worried about the RPG aspects. Like does that mean there’s no merchants, somewhere to level up, etc? Is their shops at all? Imo shops/merchants are must haves for grand RPG’s but maybe there’s a work around. Either that or there just isn’t any.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
So there’s rumors of a June release. But with COVID-19, I doubt that’s even a possibility at this point. I’m still super excited for this game, and hope it does eventually drop this year at some point. But, I don’t have as high of hopes with everything going on.

Has anyone heard anything at all?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
So there’s rumors of a June release. But with COVID-19, I doubt that’s even a possibility at this point. I’m still super excited for this game, and hope it does eventually drop this year at some point. But, I don’t have as high of hopes with everything going on.

Has anyone heard anything at all?
I’m serious. I don’t think I have even been so hype for a game we have so little information about. I know it really isn’t even worth discussing at this point because there’s not even enough content TO discuss. But I really want to get my hands on this game.