What's new

Elden Ring (Release Date: Jan 21, 2022)

Arqwart

Fatal Blowing at the Speed of Liiiiight
So there’s rumors of a June release. But with COVID-19, I doubt that’s even a possibility at this point. I’m still super excited for this game, and hope it does eventually drop this year at some point. But, I don’t have as high of hopes with everything going on.

Has anyone heard anything at all?
Considering there's been little to no marketing since the E3 teaser, I HIGHLY doubt the game is dropping in June. Maybe June is when the marketing hype train is (was, plan may have changed due to COVID complications) supposed to start?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Considering there's been little to no marketing since the E3 teaser, I HIGHLY doubt the game is dropping in June. Maybe June is when the marketing hype train is (was, plan may have changed due to COVID complications) supposed to start?
That’s just what the release date says on Google. But at any rate, I agree. I don’t see this coming out probably even this year. COVID-19 is most likely to blame. Which is super unfortunate. Kinda ironic that a game like Elden Ring would be absolutely perfect for a time like this. Just a completely immersive experience to escape from what is going on. It would be such a nice escape...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
The official site says "coming soon" so that Google launch date doesn't look to be accurate. You have the issue of next-gen consoles presumably releasing at the end of the year as well as coronavirus impacting everything.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I want to be excited but OPEN WORLD is making me really cautious.
The story seems to be "what of dark souls was lord of the rings", which I'm not sure is a good thing.
But really at this point we know nothing about the game, so there is no reason to care.
Every Souls game is Open World.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Man, I cannot believe it’s actually finally coming out. This 6-7 month wait is gonna be brutal, but at least we have a release date. Also, it’s coming out sooner than I thought, I was thinking March 2022 at the earliest, so I’m pleasantly surprised.

I’m already preparing to take that Friday off, and play it all weekend. This is the type of game where I’m so hyped for, I have that thought of “man, I hope I don’t die before I get to play it”. I have a feeling I’m going to grind this game more than any FromSoft game to date. Let’s. Fucking. GO!!