What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
New game was announced today called “Elden Ring”. It will be an action RPG produced and developed by FromSoftware and Bandai. With the story and world creators being none other than Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin!

So the action RPG gameplay is likely to resemble Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, etc.

I definitely wasn’t expecting this and I’m extremely hype right now!

__

Here’s some PvP channels I can think of off the top of my head. These are either small videos of duels, invasions where it’s 1v2, 1v3, etc, and some of them are fairly informative, especially the “ChaseTheBro” channel. Also, Oroboro made a video talking about the PvP meta level cap. There isn’t a consensus yet, it’s still too early and Elden Ring is a lot different than the rest of the Soulsborne games. But he believes the PvP SL meta cap will most likely be around 150 or so (as opposed to ~SL120 like in most other Soulsborne games)

ChaseTheBro: https://youtube.com/c/ChaseTheBro

The Depressed Hollow: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDEgoj0HGrkAU1UCd6HpOpg

xljmclscx: https://youtube.com/channel/UCT-VgOkrhKpPT1iDjOpB6rg

Oroboro: https://youtube.com/c/Oroboro

Peeve: https://youtube.com/user/PeevePeeverson

Elden Ring has won Game of the Year for 2022! Congrats to Miyazaki, FromSoft, and everyone involved. From all the devs and staff to all the fans!

DLC “Shadow of the Erdtree” Announced!

Attachments

Gamer68

Fujin!
Not an Xbox exclusive.

On the site it says it will also be available on PS4, and apparently that's what they are telling media outlets as well:

There's also this image from the site:

https://media.fromsoftware.jp/fromsoftware/jp/eldenring/static/img/gallery/full/w/a_01.jpg

The art style looks like a cross between Dark Souls and Bloodborne which I guess is about what you would expect, but it still ends up looking fantastic and really interesting.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Not an Xbox exclusive.

On the site it says it will also be available on PS4, and apparently that's what they are telling media outlets as well:

There's also this image from the site:

https://media.fromsoftware.jp/fromsoftware/jp/eldenring/static/img/gallery/full/w/a_01.jpg

The art style looks like a cross between Dark Souls and Bloodborne which I guess is about what you would expect, but it still ends up looking fantastic and really interesting.
Yeah it’s not an exclusive.

I cannot wait for this game. About to start playing Sekiro again. I was on the final boss when MK11 came out. Need to beat it and go to NG+!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Cautiously hype. I love almost everything From touches but Serkio was a complete let down for me.
How? Sekiro is absolutely fantastic. One of the best Fromsoft games. Only downside is no multiplayer.

leoj89

Noob
How? Sekiro is absolutely fantastic. One of the best Fromsoft games. Only downside is no multiplayer.
Long story short all the little things that they did in the souls game that got left out of Serkio made for a worse experience imo. The only game I haven't platinumed. I tried hard to like it but found boring and not fun.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Long story short all the little things that they did in the souls game that got left out of Serkio made for a worse experience imo. The only game I haven't platinumed. I tried hard to like it but found boring and not fun.
That’s wild. Only people I know who didn’t like it are people who thought it was too hard. Game was great. It wasn’t supposed to have Souls mechanics, supposed to be its own thing.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I wonder if it will have more RPG elements like the SoulsBorne games. While I love Sekiro, it didn’t have the RPG feel of specific builds, certain character designs/races, etc. I want the RPG elements of a game like Dark Souls and Skyrim, where you can completely design your own character type from the ground up. This helps Infinitely with replay value.

However, not sure if this is the direction they will go. Not much info right now. I know I’ll enjoy whatever it is, but the more actual RPG elements where you can immerse yourself the better.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
YES!!

Wilkinson: Will Elden Ring contain character customization elements like in Dark Souls, or will it be similar to Sekiro in that there is a fixed protagonist that the player controls?

Miyazaki: Yes, it will contain character customization elements.

Similar to the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring allows players to design and control their own unique character. As I said earlier, this title puts a heavy focus on RPG elements, and we thought this approach would best suit that focus”

And it is OPEN WORLD! @The Slaj Jazz

ItsYaBoi

Noob
For a world created by both Miyazaki and GRRM I expected something more unique.

Ahh well, will still be a good game. Can’t wait for gameplay.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
This is HYPER HYPER HYPE!!

Dark souls is probably the only decent Dark Fantasy RPG ever created. Game of Thrones is easily the most intricately well written and dynamic fantasy series of the modern day. Can't wait to see what these 2 creative geniuses come up with.

I can imagine how the gameplay will feel due to past DS experience, but i would love if some realistic / survival elements were introduced, like carry weight and eating / drinking.

I have a strong feeling that dialogue and characters are going to be huge in this game. Miyazaki's subtle depth and GrrM's complex relationships, with their shared attention to detail guarantees a rich world.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
We haven’t even seen the world yet, wtf are you talking about lmao??
Did I say we'd seen all of the world? Where did I say that? Would you like to point it out?

Jesus, From fanboys are the worst. Let me clarify, from WHAT WE'VE SEEN OF IT THUS FAR, the world (character designs fall under this by the way) looks boring. You have a fucking troll doll looking up at the flaming sky, and a generic viking looking dude who is hammering away at something.

If you think this is the pinnacle of design, then consume more media.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Did I say we'd seen all of the world? Where did I say that? Would you like to point it out?

Jesus, From fanboys are the worst. Let me clarify, from WHAT WE'VE SEEN OF IT THUS FAR, the world (character designs fall under this by the way) looks boring. You have a fucking troll doll looking up at the flaming sky, and a generic viking looking dude who is hammering away at something.

I may have developed eye cancer from this... I didn't know an opinion like this was even possible..

90 seconds to give a glimpse of 2 of the MOST brilliant minds of our current generation in dark fantasy...
Beksinski, Miura, Lovecraft influence... A NEW MYTHOS WRITTEN BY MOTHERFUCKING GEORGE RR MARTIN.
The culmination of instant classic Souls games and Bloodborne, with no artistic representation COMING EVEN CLOSE TO A FRACTION OF THE QUALITY THESE MEN PRODUCE.

OPEN. WORLD. ACTION. RPG.

NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVEN DARE PUTTING THESE NAMES IN THE SAME SENTENCE BUT YOU EXPECTED MORE? ARE YOU ON CRAZY PILLS???!!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE????

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner

For a world created by both Miyazaki and GRRM I expected something more unique.
You literally said world my dude.

It looks and seems generic, yes. Its a new IP with a 90 second trailer. The hell are you expecting? The game is likely super early development, we won't see it for at least 2 or 3 years.

They weren't looking to show off, merely declare officialy that it's being made, and these are the dudes behind the wheel.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I may have developed eye cancer from this... I didn't know an opinion like this was even possible..

90 seconds to give a glimpse of 2 of the MOST brilliant minds of our current generation in dark fantasy...
Beksinski, Miura, Lovecraft influence... A NEW MYTHOS WRITTEN BY MOTHERFUCKING GEORGE RR MARTIN.
The culmination of instant classic Souls games and Bloodborne, with no artistic representation COMING EVEN CLOSE TO A FRACTION OF THE QUALITY THESE MEN PRODUCE.

OPEN. WORLD. ACTION. RPG.

NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVEN DARE PUTTING THESE NAMES IN THE SAME SENTENCE BUT YOU EXPECTED MORE? ARE YOU ON CRAZY PILLS???!!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE????
And here we go, rabid fanboys. 'How DARE somebody not be absolutely IN LOVE WITH THEIR LIMITED MARKETING AND WANT TO LAY DOWN MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT JUST BECAUSE IT HAS TWO WELL RENOWNED PEOPLE WORKING ON IT'.

The designs we have seen thus far are boring as shit, it looks uninspired. I'm sure the gameplay will be fantastic as I've already said, because From games always are. But my original point - and I stand by it - is that from WHAT WE'VE SEEN THUS FAR (it's a small amount yes, but if you can infatuated with seeing such a small amount, then I can also be unexcited by it, works both ways) is that the world and designs look super boring. I expected something more unique visually from a collab between the creators of Sekiro/Soulsborne, and the creator of GoT.

I love how this is what the internet has become though, an echo chamber where if you express a different opinion you get shouted at. Companies must love it, they've got such loyal stans who they don't even have to pay - in fact, you pay them lol.

Bootlickers everywhere.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
You literally said world my dude.

It looks and seems generic, yes. Its a new IP with a 90 second trailer. The hell are you expecting? The game is likely super early development, we won't see it for at least 2 or 3 years.

They weren't looking to show off, merely declare officialy that it's being made, and these are the dudes behind the wheel.
You do realise world encompasses everything? Let's look at the OP shall we:

"With the story and world creators being none other than Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin! "

If you was to say 'the world of GoT' that encompasses everything WITHIN that world. It's not hard to understand.

We'll see it way before 2 or 3 years, don't be daft. I also never said they were looking to show off, but showing off is what they obviously wanted to do hence a CGI trailer. If they wanted to declare it was being made, we'd have seen a logo and that's it. Marketing 101 my friend, and for me I just found the trailer really boring and the WORLD shown in it looks uninspiring.

Once again, people are wanting an echo chamber where you can only be rabidly excited about things. Capitalism has reached a fever point.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Ahh no response.

Case closed then I guess. You don't need to be blindly excited for everything. This game will be awesome, I know it will, I just wasn't excited by this trailer and the designs in it. Shoot me.

Glad we also came to an agreement on what 'world' means though.