What's new

Elden Ring (DLC Announced!)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Iv also been having the problem of not wanting to branch out from bloodhound fang any time I do a new character. I’m always thinking “it’s RIGHT there and it’s so good” and just end up going back to my comfort zone

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Iv also been having the problem of not wanting to branch out from bloodhound fang any time I do a new character. I’m always thinking “it’s RIGHT there and it’s so good” and just end up going back to my comfort zone
It’s a pretty good PvE weapon. I used it a bunch on my 1st playthrough. Then I used it with the Dismounter, since they’re both great curveswords, it allowed me to powerstance them which made them pretty strong in PvE. Only issue is how slow great curveswords are, which, they’re not the slowest weapon class or anything, I think their speed is balanced with their dmg output. It’s just that vs some bosses, it was just too slow so I ended up mainly just doing jumping L1’s. Which does great damage, but got boring after awhile.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It’s a pretty good PvE weapon. I used it a bunch on my 1st playthrough. Then I used it with the Dismounter, since they’re both great curveswords, it allowed me to powerstance them which made them pretty strong in PvE. Only issue is how slow great curveswords are, which, they’re not the slowest weapon class or anything, I think their speed is balanced with their dmg output. It’s just that vs some bosses, it was just too slow so I ended up mainly just doing jumping L1’s. Which does great damage, but got boring after awhile.
They’re slow but the weapon art on BHF is what makes it so fun to use for me. Definitely gonna try out a different weapon next time. How is bastards stars? Only care about PvE.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I mainly PvP, it’s what keeps me playing these games long after their release. Definitely looking forward to the DLC, cannot wait.

Anyway, been trying out a bunch of different builds for the Colosseum duels. I eventually found the fist weapon class weapon the “Katar”, which has been super fun and actually pretty good. But as I said, been trying a bunch of different builds out, some meta but most off meta. Anyway, started trying out regular curved swords (not great curved swords, the smaller ones) and found out that both the Mantis Blade and the Beastman’s Curved Sword both have their own unique true combos. The Mantis Blade’s charged R2 true combos into R1, and the Beastman’s Curved Sword’s jumping R2 true combos into R1. And since both are curved swords, I can powerstance them as well. They have good synergy and ontop of all that, both also can get custom Ashes of War. Now these definitely aren’t meta weapons and this isn’t a meta build, but it has been super fun do far. Made a short video showcasing them. But this was after very little play time with them, so just keep that in mind! Anyway, check out the video and if you could, please subscribe! It will help out tremendously!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Malekith and Godskin Duo are such awful stupid fights. Malekith is pretty fun as beast clergyman though, but the run back gets tedious.
Morgot/Margit, Godfrey, and Godrick make up for it though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The paid, PvE DLC, “Shadow of the Erdtree” for Elden Ring has finally been announced. However, the announcement was just stating that it’s “in development” and of course announcing the title of the DLC. Also included a picture, but it doesn’t seem to be an “in game” picture, almost looks like concept art. Anyway, here’s the Tweet

So, I’m assuming we won’t be seeing this DLC released anytime soon. Imo the earliest we can expect it is late fall of this year, but probably more likely will be early next year. Which is a bummer but it is what it is

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Looking forward to more ashes of war and spells etc.
Can we please have the Bone Fist back? PLEASE?
The closest to the moveset is actually the Caestus in this game. Which since the last patch that buffed all fist weapons, Caestus are actually super good and possibly even OP now.

But yeah, Bone Fist was an amazing weapon. Good moveset and that DBZ projectile move it had. Such a badass weapon.

As far as weapons & armor and all that, I’m honestly expecting at least 20 or so new weapons (aside from the regular melee weapons this of course also includes shields, bows, staffs, seals, etc), about a dozen new armor sets, about 10 or so new spells & incants, around 13 new Ashes of War, about 6 new Talismans, and also some new items like consumables and what not. It really depends on if they’re planning multiple DLC’s or not like Dark Souls 3 got for instance. If this is the only DLC we get, there may be even more than what I’m expecting. And yes, I do have high expectations. Because FromSoft’s DLC has always been fan-fckn-tastic!

Regardless, I just hope it’s released before the end of the year. And early 2024 at the absolute latest.