What's new

Question - Jax Either this shouldn't be a true blockstring or my math is wrong. Help?

B3 downward dash punch being a true blockstring confuses me.

If Startup + Active + Recover - Cancel + Block Adv = 11 blockstun and Downward dash punch is 15 frames, then why does this work?

Please correct me if im wrong. I'm trying to get better before the patch comes out. Thx.

Last edited:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I'm wrong on this I'm sure. I usually am on frame data but I think recover only applies on whiff.... inb4 I get lit up for my ignorance.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
lasher is way under rated tbh, way better than people give it credit for. and awesome get me a mikes hard lemonade then because that is my favorite XD
Lashers time is here. Vman gave it a show at KIT that will have people talking all year. It's underestimated and underrated but now it's getting credit. May even get a slight buff incoming.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lashers time is here. Vman gave it a show at KIT that will have people talking all year. It's underestimated and underrated but now it's getting credit. May even get a slight buff incoming.
yeah vmans showing made me so proud, and also hopefully to shut people up when they say lasher sucks lmao

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
So this is my understanding
When a move is blocked, the block advantage tells who recovers first: if something is -5, then you recover 5 frames later than your opponent.
When you special cancel a move, its cancel value tells you how much quicker you come out of recovery and into your special, and the blockstun remains the same on the opponent. So if the cancel value is 20, and you cancel the -5 normal into a 10 frame move, it should jail because your opponent still has 5 frames of recovery by the time your 10 frame move connects, which then puts them in its own blockstun.
This is all assuming that the normal has at least 20 frames of block recovery (not whiff recovery, which is what is listed in frame data)

I could be totally wrong on this, but this is just what I've gathered from playing NRS games. You'll have to do the math yourself for the b1 dash punch thing.

eexcaliburr

Ancestors... oh, nevermind
As I see, frame data on cancel advantage(CA) in the game is wrong.
I fugired approximately CA on some normals.
b3 has +18 or +19 frame CA, and bfd2 has 13 frames on startup, then we have b3~bfd2 has +5 or +6 on cancel.

Last edited:

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
This kind of stuff confuses me to I just test everything I want to know about something rather than making sure it works in the frame data. Plus the frame data is not the most reliable.