What's new

EDIT: What do you think of this tier list?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Konqrr said:
I'm making a video of Liu getting raped by teleporting ninjas for just being Liu. It's such a bad matchup. He does have some good punishers against them, but they are so difficult that they are a moot point.
I agree that the matchup isn't good but Liu's punisher is actually pretty good and not that hard. It's just aaHP x2, JK, AFB, flying kick...pretty easy. If you're afraid of missing the flying kick then don't do it, do a low FB or rush. You can get this on Stryker, probably Kano but never tried.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Landing the flying kick at the end is only possible if you do the afb asap. I usually leave it off or do aahphp, jk, flying kick for 42%. But seriously, what is a Liu going to do if Scorp/Ermac/H.Smoke have a life lead? He can't do specials at all unless he sets them up. It's definitely not a fun matchup. I got all the clips recorded, just need to reinstall my movie maker and put them together.

Ninjas can't always get free teleports. It's all about keeping the pressure on and forcing them to teleport into a punisher. You've done it to me before plenty of times.

I personally play Kang like I'm on crack most of the time. I rush like a madman and throw out flying kicks like they're going out of style. When you're close the flying kick doesn't hit so it just puts you behind them, so it's sort of like the male ninja teleport where you're upright and rushing immediately so the other guy has to basically accept it and start blocking.

DarkSide said:
Ninjas can't always get free teleports. It's all about keeping the pressure on and forcing them to teleport into a punisher. You've done it to me before plenty of times.
Safe teleports are pretty simple if you know the correct spacing. If you watch the vids with me Golden and Rolltide, I safe teleport so much, maybe a little too much. Aside from it putting you into a great position, it also can annoy your opponent IMO. You can get baited, just like with a lot of things, just be smart about it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Here's the video I made about Liu vs Teleporting Ninjas:

Obviously there is more than just special moves that Liu can do, but he can't safely do any of them...ever.

I also forgot to record him being punished 27 ways for trying an air fireball lol ... oh well, you get the point.

I also didn't put any Scorpion punishers as they are obvious and would waste time.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Yeah I don't know why I've been writing guides. Konqrr should just make videos because it's not like he isn't good or smart enough. Good job.

S

SuGaR

Konqrr is fucking underrated as a UMK3 player and he's one of the nicest dudes around. =)

Dreamcatcher said:
Yeah I don't know why I've been writing guides. Konqrr should just make videos because it's not like he isn't good or smart enough. Good job.
I really think videos would be a good idea. People are so damn lazy nowadays, they need things spoon fed to them. If there is a video and a written guide, the majority will choose to watch rather than read. If we want to help newer players, videos would be the best way IMO.