What's new

Match Footage - Dualist Edenian Queen against the King, Kitana Prime(Kitana) vs EL1TE(Dualist)

This is probably one of the most fun matchups you can play. Kitana wins in spacing and lk wins upclose and definitely in the corner.
The mu to me seems to come down to reads and just knowledge,
Dualist goes 6-4 with assassin, 4-6 with royal storm, and idk about mournful.
Dualist vs Assassin

Dualist vs Royal Storm

Dualist vs Mournful

@Kitana Prime "That backdash though" :DOGE

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm going to watch this now man, I love watching your sets. Dualist is eye candy to me lol.

EDIT: Is the first match (first video) starting from the first game in the set? I like watching sets from the beginning to see the opponents feel each other out and adapt.

I'm going to watch this now man, I love watching your sets. Dualist is eye candy to me lol.

EDIT: Is the first match (first video) starting from the first game in the set? I like watching sets from the beginning to see the opponents feel each other out and adapt.
It started at the 6th game, the ps4 didn't record the first game

Gofer_MK_

Banned
This is probably one of the most fun matchups you can play. Kitana wins in spacing and lk wins upclose and definitely in the corner.
The mu to me seems to come down to reads and just knowledge,
Dualist goes 6-4 with assassin, 4-6 with royal storm, and idk about mournful.
Dualist vs Assassin

Dualist vs Royal Storm

Dualist vs Mournful

@Kitana Prime "That backdash though" :DOGE
Dude!!! I love your content!!! I watch each and every video you post!!

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Then I clearly need to learn how to deal with said gimmicks. Enlighten me, please. :D
SS=Stance Switch

F213 SS is +5, F44 SS is neutral, and B12 SS is punishable. Other Stance cancels aren't really relevant since they're eclipsed by these. The Ex Solar Flare is massively plus so you have to respect that, but if he does any block string into dark orb (Ex or not) it's full combo punishable.

Some Dualist specific stuff to know is that he can't convert safely on anything midscreen for big damage since his launching cancels are way less plus than Dragon's Fire and he doesn't have bicycle kick MB like dragon's fire, his zoning is complete buttcheeks, and armor is pretty lackluster so if he's getting rushed down he's kinda fucked. There's also the other basic Liu Kang stuff like gaps in F123 and 113, B12 being -3, slow pokes compared to cast but he has 6 frame F1, D3 being +1 on block etc.

Midscreen Dualist will be relying on F213 SS, there's a guessing game between whether he's gonna do another string or B1 to eat a reversal. However, Dualist can't do things like F213 SS F213 SS since there's a cooldown on the SS. So after a SS you can sort of relax since the pressure will end right there. If you don't have the patience to deal with waiting you can backdash if your character's good enough or if you want you can roll the dice and armor after F213 SS. Another option is to take the very last hit of F213 and be knocked back full screen. The corner is a little bit trickier to deal with due to his Ex solar flare being able to combo and having no backdash option but the logic is the same. Also those Dark Orbs hitboxes are way smaller than you would expect, if he's canceling into them at any point just use any one of your advancing strings and you'll be fine.

This is just some basic 101 stuff to know, Dualist is essentially a flashy, weaker, and much cooler version of Dragon's Fire.

Last edited:

Roz

"You will not be remembered."
Ugh, I've mained DF since day one but everytime i watch you play i consider switching to Dualist, the corner game is so godlike. We need to do some sets sometime.

SS=Stance Switch

F213 SS is +5, F44 SS is neutral, and B12 SS is punishable. Other Stance cancels aren't really relevant since they're eclipsed by these. The Ex Solar Flare is massively plus so you have to respect that, but if he does any block string into dark orb (Ex or not) it's full combo punishable.

Some Dualist specific stuff to know is that he can't convert safely on anything midscreen for big damage since his launching cancels are way less plus than Dragon's Fire and he doesn't have bicycle kick MB like dragon's fire, his zoning is complete buttcheeks, and armor is pretty lackluster so if he's getting rushed down he's kinda fucked. There's also the other basic Liu Kang stuff like gaps in F123 and 113, B12 being -3, slow pokes compared to cast but he has 6 frame F1, D3 being +1 on block etc.

Midscreen Dualist will be relying on F213 SS, there's a guessing game between whether he's gonna do another string or B1 to eat a reversal. However, Dualist can't do things like F213 SS F213 SS since there's a cooldown on the SS. So after a SS you can sort of relax since the pressure will end right there. If you don't have the patience to deal with waiting you can backdash if your character's good enough or if you want you can roll the dice and armor after F213 SS. Another option is to take the very last hit of F213 and be knocked back full screen. The corner is a little bit trickier to deal with due to his Ex solar flare being able to combo and having no backdash option but the logic is the same. Also those Dark Orbs hitboxes are way smaller than you would expect.

This is just some basic 101 stuff to know, Dualist is essentially a flashy, weaker, and much cooler version of Dragon's Fire.
1. His orbs have a much better hitbox, it was buffed
2. His corner game is better than dragons fire and flame fist
3. Him and dragons fire have pretty much the same armor options the only exception is that you can burn more meter to be safe.
4. there is no gap in f123

@Eldriken play a dualist or ask me for dualist specific stuff

Ugh, I've mained DF since day one but everytime i watch you play i consider switching to Dualist, the corner game is so godlike. We need to do some sets sometime.
Sure, however if you play dragons fire im playing flame fist because I hate that mu

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
1. His orbs have a much better hitbox, it was buffed
2. His corner game is better than dragons fire and flame fist
3. Him and dragons fire have pretty much the same armor options the only exception is that you can burn more meter to be safe.
4. there is no gap in f123

@Eldriken play a dualist or ask me for dualist specific stuff
I mean, considering what they feel like they should be I don't think they're at that point yet. Maybe you know that better than me since you're always throwing orbs every time you play.

Ehhhh, that's pretty subjective. For flame fist your 100% correct but saying better than DF is a big stretch.

Dragon's Fire gets to have an relatively safe armored launcher or 0 on Block(RIP prepatch frames) full screen armored move for 2 bars. Worrying about meter isn't a problem since his zoning and rushdown guarantees him more meter than 90% or the cast.

Pretty sure f12(gap)3 is a thing :)

I mean, considering what they feel like they should be I don't think they're at that point yet. Maybe you know that better than me since you're always throwing orbs every time you play.

Ehhhh, that's pretty subjective. For flame fist your 100% correct but saying better than DF is a big stretch.

Dragon's Fire gets to have an relatively safe armored launcher or 0 on Block(RIP prepatch frames) full screen armored move for 2 bars. Worrying about meter isn't a problem since his zoning and rushdown guarantees him more meter than 90% or the cast.

Pretty sure f12(gap)3 is a thing :)
There is no gap in F123, they changed that in like the second patch. Go test it, and even murk agreed that dualist's corner game is better than dragons fire.