What's new

Ed Boon tweets about seeking feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slymind

Noob
I know there is a topic for Boon's tweets, but i felt this particular one could use a thread.

I feel this could be a good oportunity to voice our ideas, concerning the future of MK11. Would also help if we leave the entitlement behind and express our thoughts in a reasonable way. 16 Bit is known for checking forums from time to time, so maybe what we leave here might reach NRS.

Now to my opinions/ideas:

A throughly rework of krushing blows, basically, i think that aside from the hardest ones to pull off, most KBs should do slightly more damage, but, setup for a follow up kombo(like it is with some KBs already), this would open up more combo pathways and also possibly giving a chance to mitigate damage thought the use of the fall outs.

Fatal blows, become one time deals, once you use it, it's gone forever even if stuffed on the first frame.

@edit
Also, the game's economy, despite the improvements still has ways to go, it's still too grindy and not very encouraging. Please improve that.

Last edited:

Sazbak

Noob
New characters and variations should stop relying on d1 mindgames(cancel into special or not) and jumpin mind games(cancel into special or not).
The characters are scrubby and uninteresting because of this. Make characters/variation that gives us a refreshing new flavor like Avalanche Sub to me.
A player should be able to express himself/herself by their character instead of being confined by the above mentioned simplistic mind games.

Do something about jumpkicks directly(nerfing) and/or indirectly(buffing antiairs) since they are clearly too strong.

Fatal Blow is an insultingly dumb mechanic especially the way it is implemented right now. You could try nerfing it or introduce something like Soul Calibur's Soul Charge mode into the game as a comeback mechanic. It IS also a comeback mechanic but not as braindead/boring/mashfriendly as the Fatal Blow.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
You can’t compare Injustice 2 to MK11 when it comes to character archetype variety. MK11 is literally designed with the variation system to allow any character to fit damn near any archetype. Surely David realizes this? That being said, his criticism doesn’t make much sense.

Sounds like a subtle way of asking for no variation system to me.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Literally all I want, all I REALLY want besides the obvious things everyone's already gonna bring up (fixing the poke-throw meta, balancing out Fatal/Krushing Blows, buffing Raiden so I can play Amish Raiden, etc.), is to know if or when they're getting rid of variations. Me personally, as a Noob player who firmly believes his character's best chance at seriously contending is having all options available, being stuck between Competitive Mode where I have a hand tied behind my back, or Casual Mode where nothing I do matters because the games I'm playing are not the ones I'd be playing at a local/major, has taken all the sizzle out of the steak for me.
The experiment should end. But if it's not, and it's going to be like this throughout the game's lifespan, they can at least tell us now instead of taking their sweet time like they did when they waited til the Beta was over to tell us the truth about it.

Make Kitana visually appealing and effective ... she looks and plays so bland, unimaginative , repetitive and clumsy ... more moves that involve kicks and acrobatics ... look at Jade and SIndel, they're terrific , an interesting variety of different moves incorporated in their play style . Kitana only uses her fans, would love to see her use her kicks, slaps, jabs more ...

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
This is a good example of how when you are a constructive member of the community you can affect real change as your opinion is respected. @UltraDavid is getting specifically asked as his ideas have weight. Compare his comments to character begging, ranting, asking for buffs, nurffs and other junk, all those other non-constructive comments in that twitter thread, or to say like Max making a 1/2 Hour "hype" video where the main take away was "i dunno, something is off".

As for Ultradavid's comments his 2nd (or 3rd) post is the real kicker for me. Balance is something people ask for but most gamers do not understand. It is, imo, ond of the biggest misconception in gaming that people talk about all the time and it is true that having slightly unbalanced characters would affect the way we see the vast majority of the roster represented in top 16.

Even so, imo, variety is more important than balance .

is to know if or when they're getting rid of variations. Me personally, as a Noob player who firmly believes his character's best chance at seriously contending is having all options available
MK9 Noob Saibot had 6 special moves. Most of MK11 Noob variations also have 6 special moves. (not counting "close", "medium" , "far" variants in each case). This pretty much holds true for most MK11 character with the majority having the same or more special moves in MK11 if you actually count them up.

Variations have never actually been reducing how many options characters have. Getting rid of variations isn't going to give us "Noob but with 18 special moves".

Fix the point disparity in kombat league, no way should anyone be losing 100's of points on one game. Tighten that crap up. Allow connection bias, KL is cancer for connections, almost unplayable. Tone down the plus frame, recovery, stagger monsters in the game. Make them play MK11 and stop playing mkx.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Maybe reply to boon directly instead of here with you're suggestions. There's a higher chance he'll see them there. I don't think the devs come around here much anymore.

Damis

Noob
i think the only way the game can be more known and great is bringin all og khacracters that fans still miss, like a kp with smoke mileena rain ermac reptile and stryker, and another with 3d eras like li mei sareena hotaru havik reiko shinnok, like killer instict did :/

Damis

Noob
i think the only way the game can be more known and great is bringin all og khacracters that fans still miss, like a kp with smoke mileena rain ermac reptile and stryker, and another with 3d eras like li mei sareena hotaru havik reiko shinnok, like killer instict did :/
put ashrah in that blender too

It's easily the best looking, love the roster so far (even the guests aren't bad), single player content is good (too grindy initially).

Gameplay is the biggest road block for me. It's a very tight feeling game (by design), which was initially very impressive, but it's become a double edged sword over time. For me, everything now feels too by the numbers.

Edit - To add, MKX variations each felt very unique and distinctive (mostly) whereas MK11 were piecemealed together (see third variation delay).

This was the quickest i've dropped a MK game. (i'll be back for sindel though)

Last edited:

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Less pushback on fatal blows and not recharging after you missed it.
Throws not having priority over normals anymore.
Bigger hurtbox on some jump kicks so its easier to anti air on reaction.

Those 3 changes would make the game perfect.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Fatal Blows probably shouldn't regenerate until round end or at all, but I really wouldn't mind if things there stayed untouched.

Beyond that, I don't really want it to do any real changing. I certainly don't want it to drift towards IJ2. I wanted to like that game way more than I did, and at this point I have zero emotional fondness for its memory. I'm pretty sure it felt like playing in FG hell.

I'm actually a lot more concerned the need for continual improvement and support of the game is going to mess something up than I have been with most, other games. We don't get to keep editions anymore. If the SFA series was made now, we would probably only have SFA3 left in the world.

There isn't a lot to the game that you can dial around. They basically will have to invent new stuff to put into a game that wasn't made to be filled with a lot of stuff. I don't know how that is going to work without changing the identity. They are pretty clever, so they may cook up something cool, but hopefully they aren't looking to try and change it so everyone likes it. They won't.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
MK11 is the last MK we will get for a long time. I hope everyone is aware of that. Try not to shoot yourselves in the foot when asking for buffs/nerfs
What do you mean? I hope it means they will just continue to support MK11 and not have it turn into every other MK game in MK history.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
MK9 Noob Saibot had 6 special moves. Most of MK11 Noob variations also have 6 special moves. (not counting "close", "medium" , "far" variants in each case). This pretty much holds true for most MK11 character with the majority having the same or more special moves in MK11 if you actually count them up.

Variations have never actually been reducing how many options characters have. Getting rid of variations isn't going to give us "Noob but with 18 special moves".
I don't need Noob with 18 special moves; I need to know my character is able to be his strongest and most capable. Not held back by a goofed-from-day-one B version of MKX's variations, that has already yielded him one build that is comfuckingpletely useless compared to the others, and his best moves split between the other two.

I watch every major, I root for all the bois, I try to be as positive as I can, but it will never make sense to me. So I light my pretty purple candle, say a prayer to the Great Spirit, and hope the training wheels come off after KP1 and Year One are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.