What's new

Ed Boon Q&A on Twitter

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Jin is a trained Shaolin. Both Liu Kang and Kung Lao have proven the worth of their order, and that Shaolin are quite formidable and Jin is no exception.

Jin beating Kotal is very plausible. Again, Kotal is not Shao. Heck, Kotal needed special blood magic to defeat Goro!
It ended up doing nothing for Jin as a character, but it did serve to make Kotal look weak.
That’s poor storytelling.

It ended up doing nothing for Jin as a character, but it did serve to make Kotal look weak.
That’s poor storytelling.
Mortal Kombat X had lots of story issues overall. Jin beating Kotal is not one of them. That fight served to show how arrogant Kotal is. And how wrong he is to be so.

Update: Upon further reflection, it actually demonstrated Jin's knowledge of Outworld and its general laws and mentality, something his special forces and Shira Ryu team mates lacked. He used this knowledge to force Kotal and his government into a position to cooperate with them (seeing as how he just blew things by saving that bread thief). Jin's overall Chapter also shows how reckless he is, but also his own self doubts.

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Dang, I never would have thought Injustice 3 was up in the air. I assumed it was all but guaranteed. Now I suddenly feel like its 50/50

I'd be surprised if they give up on the series entirely, but Boon has pretty much confirmed that the next game is MK12, at least based on his tweets.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Dang, I never would have thought Injustice 3 was up in the air. I assumed it was all but guaranteed. Now I suddenly feel like its 50/50
I think the major shakeup that happened at WB is 100% responsible for this. And now with James Gunn redesigning the film universe, a lot of things are probably on hold.
It's a shame they're probably going to use Injustice 3 just for cross-promotion of movies.

OutWorldAleMerchant

Hotaru's Number One Fan
I think the major shakeup that happened at WB is 100% responsible for this. And now with James Gunn redesigning the film universe, a lot of things are probably on hold.
It's a shame they're probably going to use Injustice 3 just for cross-promotion of movies.
Based on what you just told me that is likely. I dont keep up with DC, or Marvel for that matter. But I cant help but notice how many DC characters in Injustice were there to promote recent movies. The entire suicide squad, Black Manta, hell, I think even Swamp Thing and Supergirl had things going on at the time

Immortal

Blind justice....
DC(movies universe) is in meltdown and rebuilding mode(James Gunn....) so there is no doubt in my mind that INJ 3 is like at very least 2-3 years away.

Without Cavill or The Rock and the new films like Flash and Aquaman beaing pointless(none of the lead actors will return in "new" DC) or canceled(Batwoman) promoting this shitshow with INJ 3 would make 0 sense. Also Boon already confirmed it's MK12.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
it’s possible but we don’t know for sure yet yet.

I’m sure there’s still room for characters out side of the movie bubble etc

Immortal

Blind justice....
It was soft-confirmed. Boon said the next game is either Injustice or MK, and in a later Q&A he said he hopes he gets to make continue making Injustice one day.
This.

Boon is a master troll, so for him saying something so straight forward i would think it's even a hard confirmation of MK 12 being their next game. He also said it's gonna be 2023, so not long now since they have to build up marketing hype before the release. 2023 looks like its gonna be a great year for fighting games fans(SF, MK, TK).

It was soft-confirmed. Boon said the next game is either Injustice or MK, and in a later Q&A he said he hopes he gets to make continue making Injustice one day.
Yeah and he said there will most likely be an announcement in the next 6 months about their next game. So my guess is Mk12 dropping in late 2023 or early 2024. I think it's probably in their best interest to wait till Sf6 hype calms down a bit before making any major moves.