What's new

Ed Boon Q&A on Twitter

DOOMGUY is the goat

they can make him OP , chainsaw moves , BFG fatal blow , shotgun as footsies , gatligun for zoone , some kinfe/punchs and bigboot moves too

and Duke Nukem could work as well

put kain or raziel from legacy of kain franchise ...we need a game guests pack

isaac Clark
DoomGuy
Duke Nukem
Nemesis or Leon or Wesker

maybe sell more or equal to horror pack ?
outside of Leon and Wesker this is the worst pack imaginable for me lol
Isaac has the personality of a vegetable, isn't he mute for the entire first game?

This issue is shooters just don't translate well into gameplay

They had action icons like Terminator,Robo and Rambo who have tons of stuff to draw from but still their gameplay was pretty lame when compared to the creativity and violence of MKX guests, or Freddy and Kratos.

I'm sure NRS can take them and make them visually appealing and give them passable gameplay but I just don't see the point given their name value really isn't that high. Like just give Cyrax a doomguy skin or Johnny a Duke Nukem skin.

Buffy has tons to draw from. Some guest from kung fu movies like Crouching tiger or kill bill is what I'd like to see if they delve away from horror.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I think monsters could make for interesting guest characters. Maybe something from Stephen King, or H.P. Lovecraft (minus the racism)?

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
outside of Leon and Wesker this is the worst pack imaginable for me lol
Isaac has the personality of a vegetable, isn't he mute for the entire first game?

This issue is shooters just don't translate well into gameplay

They had action icons like Terminator,Robo and Rambo who have tons of stuff to draw from but still their gameplay was pretty lame when compared to the creativity and violence of MKX guests, or Freddy and Kratos.

I'm sure NRS can take them and make them visually appealing and give them passable gameplay but I just don't see the point given their name value really isn't that high. Like just give Cyrax a doomguy skin or Johnny a Duke Nukem skin.

Buffy has tons to draw from. Some guest from kung fu movies like Crouching tiger or kill bill is what I'd like to see if they delve away from horror.

yeah the Duke nuke skin + new voice on johnny could work ...but what about some weapon moves ? moveset DLC for first time ?
Isaac CLark talk in DS2 and DS3 and now gonna say some words on remake , Isaac can work

oooh yeah bring back Rambo and Terminator , make T-1000 possible , make Rambo way better than MK11 , mk12 maybe wont have variations , Rambo can be OP now

as female DLC Guests only Buffy ,Lara croft , Selene from underworld movies and bloody rayne could work ? really cant see any other doing great

Just hope Cassie, Jaqui, D'vorah, Erron and Kotal can sit this one out or be dlc, make room for other returning characters. Even Jade and Kano could be dlc.

And think it goes without saying pretty much no one wants the MK11 newcomers. Maybe playable Kronika can replace Cetrion and Geras gameplay wise in 12.

:eek:

Every character on the rosters of MK1 and MK2 should always be on base roster
I feel like they've set him up for a break and look what happened with Mileena, Kano probably the least relevant from those games maybe tied with Baraka
If there's truly gonna be a huge 3d presence like 12 characters on disc then someone has to go. It's wishful thinking they'll even give Cassie Jacqui d'vorah and kotal a break tbh even though literally 1% uses or cares about bug lady

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
I feel like they've set him up for a break and look what happened with Mileena, Kano probably the least relevant from those games maybe tied with Baraka
If there's truly gonna be a huge 3d presence like 12 characters on disc then someone has to go. It's wishful thinking they'll even give Cassie Jacqui d'vorah and kotal a break tbh even though literally 1% uses or cares about bug lady
i want a Bug Gentleman

Art Lean

Noob
This. He is such a great character concept & design…but has been portrayed as so weak in the story. Beat easily by Kung Jin, owned by Shao, tapped out by Sheeva, saved repeatedly by Jade…
Agreed, sadly I'm not sure where they can even go with Kotal at this point. I like the guy, fantastic character design, solid persona, I enjoy the idea of alternative, and grounded, yet equally flawed leaders of Outworld (much like real world wars, we couldn't have won WW2 without Stalin, yet following victory comes the cold reality of the Soviety Cold War, as he was never truly our friend in the first place), and especially love the idea behind the Outworld realm of Oshtek having influenced the ancient Aztecs; reminds me of Conquest with the Earth Realm followers of "Shaka", who were actually worshipping Shao Kahn (so who's influencing who at this stage, NetherRealm?). If he's a babyface, then what difference is there between him and Kitana ruling outworld? If he's going to be a stubborn Stalin-type, then let's see some monstrousness in his character. Just not quite sure where they can go with his character in a unique way; how is his socio-political stance any different from Kitana or Jade at this point? So why do they even have different endings?

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Agreed, sadly I'm not sure where they can even go with Kotal at this point. I like the guy, fantastic character design, solid persona, I enjoy the idea of alternative, and grounded, yet equally flawed leaders of Outworld (much like real world wars, we couldn't have won WW2 without Stalin, yet following victory comes the cold reality of the Soviety Cold War, as he was never truly our friend in the first place), and especially love the idea behind the Outworld realm of Oshtek having influenced the ancient Aztecs; reminds me of Conquest with the Earth Realm followers of "Shaka", who were actually worshipping Shao Kahn (so who's influencing who at this stage, NetherRealm?). If he's a babyface, then what difference is there between him and Kitana ruling outworld? If he's going to be a stubborn Stalin-type, then let's see some monstrousness in his character. Just not quite sure where they can go with his character in a unique way; how is his socio-political stance any different from Kitana or Jade at this point? So why do they even have different endings?
they can explore the Insects Politcs too (kyTinn) i really want more bugs , ninja bugs , male dvorah , they can be funn

Kotal is weak though; he's no Shao. Kotal is a very flawed character who likes to appear noble, is extremely selfish, and generally makes very poor decisions that bring himself to grief. He's ironically very human, which is why he's such a great character.

Generally, he's a good general, but a very poor emperor.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Kotal is weak though; he's no Shao. Kotal is a very flawed character who likes to appear noble, is extremely selfish, and generally makes very poor decisions that bring himself to grief. He's ironically very human, which is why he's such a great character.

Generally, he's a good general, but a very poor emperor.
…which all would have worked so much better if he didn’t get his as beat by KUNG JIN

Last edited: