What's new

Ed Boon Posts Screenshot of Possible TMNT Gameplay

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Ramping up excitement for the TMNT's arrival in Injustice 2, Ed Boon has been posting some teaser images up on his Twitter. Yesterday, we had what appears to be a capture from the intro, outro or super. Today, we've got something that looks to be a bit more game play related, giving us a better look at how the Turtles might work in-game.

You can see in the image above Michaelangelo setting up Raphael to lay the smack down on Black Manta with a skateboard. While it's exactly as 80s as we'd expect, it does confirm that the TMNT will all be active as the same character—no Tri-Borg pre-selecting like in MKX. At least for me, I'm now asking whether or not this means you play as Raphael and call in the other Turtles, or do you swap them out as the trait with the Turtles taking various roles in special moves depending on who is currently out. Keep an eye on Twitter for the next few days, NRS is very clearly gearing up to give us some answers. And while you are already here, why not share your game play theories? This change anything for you or are you now confident in your previous guess being right?

I don't see how this confirms that they aren't individually selectable.
If anything, at the very least it seems like Raph is coming in as either a grab move for Mikey or via a side-kick type of Character Power (like Dex-Starr).

Vex

Noob
Not sure if anyone said this already but it seems pretty obvious to me this is their pose after winning a clash

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
On twitter Ed said that this advert would have meant something different to him

I noticed that it said 4 in 1. I'm hoping that's him hinting that the turtles are 4 characters in one, essentially. Rather than just tag assist sorta thing lol.

zabugi

The only Real Master
You could select one from the character select screen as your main character and the other three as trait(where you tag them in) to extend combos, provide assists etc with slight differences in their strings regarding the base character and also definitely different specials.