What's new

Ed Boon Is Up To Something Big

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
now we need to understand how much "TONS" means in ED boon language , cus i dont wanna see TONS of 3 chars from MK 3 (nightwolf , kabal , stryker) then fuck all MK chars before MK X again...

for fuck sake give ps2 era chars a damm chance , oh and fujin too .

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Maybe I'm a fool, but with the way devs have been lately, I think it's refreshing to see the way Boon talks about his game and his fans. Call me crazy, but he strikes me as incredibly genuine.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
As long as he doesn't do the damned "GUESS THESE BOOTS" thing again.

Anyone who gets in is gonna be hype, even though almost no one I really want stands a chance of getting in.
Ashrah, Hsu Hao, Cyrax, Tremor, Shujinko, Stryker, Omar, Doomsday...all slim to slimmer to none chances.

I want to know more about the story and what in the hell is actually going on.
Will Shujinko and the Kamidogu be involved?
How about the Chaosrealm Tempest? A timeline made of splintering timelines would be a perfect fit for such a thing.
Maybe we'll finally get to find out what the hell was in that giant temple in Konquest Mode was that you could never get into.
I am hungry for more of the meat and potatoes of the game rather than the roster.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
now we need to understand how much "TONS" means in ED boon language , cus i dont wanna see TONS of 3 chars from MK 3 (nightwolf , kabal , stryker) then fuck all MK chars before MK X again...

for fuck sake give ps2 era chars a damm chance , oh and fujin too .
A ton is 2000 pounds so if we have a ton of classic characters Sheeva being a large very muscular lady shokan probably weighs about 300-330 pounds, then Nightwolf (assuming 190 to 220 pounds), Sindel (140 to 160 pounds) and Noob Saibot who is incredibly dense due to shadow material and comes in close to 1300 pounds himself. That is roughly one ton of characters.

Sorry for the leak but the math has shown us the way.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Theory: The game has all characters and this demo build was Boon's troll the whole time to freak people out first. His comment's about DLC is that its ONLY guests since everyone you know is already returning in thr base game. They did say that development has been going for 4 years which is the longest to date for an NRS game. They've also already borrowed other ideas from the Smash franchise so why not do MK ultimate/armageddon too?

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Theory: The game has all characters and this demo build was Boon's troll the whole time to freak people out first. His comment's about DLC is that its ONLY guests since everyone you know is already returning in thr base game. They did say that development has been going for 4 years which is the longest to date for an NRS game. They've also already borrowed other ideas from the Smash franchise so why not do MK ultimate/armageddon too?
I sincerely hope the game does NOT have all characters, and in fact I'm more than happy with the game having 25 characters at launch. Why? Because in the real world with limited resources there's always a tradeoff between quality and quantity. If having a limited roster means my favorites such as Sektor, Noob and Jade have to miss out then so be it. But I don't want another MK Armageddon with half-assed characters by the dozens.

The level of depth I've seen in the characters revealed so far is impressive. I hope they keep that up for the remainder. And of course they can't do that if they have 50 characters at launch, or even 40.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
So he just wanted to say, there will be no more classic characters except Jade. Be ready for that but we will try to fix that with dlc..

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
nightwolf Has to be in mortal kombat 11 sheeva can come too lol dont forget jax and hopefully his daughter with a New design i was not feeling her look in xl

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
ED BOON IS UP TO SOMETHING BIG

"Ok guys this was my last mk, i'm getting old and i'm going to play golf now with my friend Mike Morhaime. Bye ! " - Ed boon may 2019

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Lol let's not act like Capcom isn't leeching us suckers still too.
They're not leeching anything. Both Capcom and NRS are businesses whose main priority, like all other businesses, is to maximize profits. They are doing just that. I'd also like to point out that there are far worse examples of games companies "leeching" their fans, EA with Fifa for example.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
They're not leeching anything. Both Capcom and NRS are businesses whose main priority, like all other businesses, is to maximize profits. They are doing just that. I'd also like to point out that there are far worse examples of games companies "leeching" their fans, EA with Fifa for example.
It was a joke bud. At least my end. And most everything Shazzy says is troll. So I assumed the same from him.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This makes me have big hopes that highly requested characters such as Fujin,Jade, Noob, Rain, Havik, Reiko will definitely make it into the roster.
The first four most likely. The latter two, I don't think so. Their popularity is very low, especially Reiko who didn't ever make the cut in any popularity poll as of 2011.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
The first four most likely. The latter two, I don't think so. Their popularity is very low, especially Reiko who didn't ever make the cut in any popularity poll as of 2011.
I agree on this, the first four are more popular, I would assume. Jade is pretty safe to be on the roster imo.

One thing Reiko and Havik could have going for them are the MKX comics. Both played a relatively big role in these, which could have made them more popular again among some fans. And the writer of these comics is writing the MK11 story, so who knows.

Also, it always depends where you look. Havik is super popular on Reddit for some reason.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I agree on this, the first four are more popular, I would assume. Jade is pretty safe to be on the roster imo.

One thing Reiko and Havik could have going for them are the MKX comics. Both played a relatively big role in these, which could have made them more popular again among some fans. And the writer of these comics is writing the MK11 story, so who knows.

Also, it always depends where you look. Havik is super popular on Reddit for some reason.
Didn't they both die in the comic, though?

That aside, I think people really overestimate how much that comic sold. There's presumably a reason they aren't doing one for MK11.