What's new

Ed Boon Is Up To Something Big

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Have you guys noticed how much Ed looked like he could not wait to share what characters are going to make it? He has been on fire lately, tweeting about it, excited and making sure fans are rest assured that there is going to be great surprises returning to the roster. While it may not seem like it now. This makes me have big hopes that highly requested characters such as Fujin,Jade, Noob, Rain, Havik, Reiko will definitely make it into the roster. Now another thing that shocked me is that well Mk11 has 21 stages and it used to have only 17! crazy right? and Ed boon said " TONS" of klassic characters returning. This means that I also highly believe the roster count isn't final. They will be adding more slots for sure.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
He for sure is really excited to show these teased classic and fan favourite characters in a way that changed my thinking about the potential roster and i think now its gonna be more surprising than we think.

Especially in addition with the teased „secret unlockable characters“.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
a bit skeptical, since Ed Boon is know as the "king of trolls" regarding doing well planed teasing "Oh my gawd !!" strategies when promoting a MK new game, so .... better wait for the next Kombat Kast to make sure !

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
While death in MK means nothing no doubt, I would think Reiko and Havik are unlikely unless they go with the time travel element or resurrection of course. If you read the MK X comics, both got killed lol.

As long as Fujin, Ermac and hopefully Smoke make the cut I'll be beyond happy. Even if they're DLC later on.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
He is hyped about DLC and said people are going to freak out. I’m thinking it’s a highly requested character that is shit tier on a story level. I’d love to see obscure characters like Reiko or drahmin revisioned as dlc.

SINGH E

Noob
I have a weird feeling that we won't get any guest characters or just one at the most. The way Ed has been saying that a lot of fan-favorite classic characters are returning has lead me to think this.

Also, another theory that I have is that if a lot of the 3D era fan requested characters won't return in the base roster, then there may be 2 Kombat Packs of 6 characters each.

The first will be a 3D era Kombat Pack with all the most requested 3D characters (e.g Fujin, Sareena, Frost, Havik etc.)

Then the second will be any Classic characters that didn't make the initial roster plus 1 guest character at the most (hoping it's DoomSlayer/DoomGuy no horror movie characters as they have been done to death).

In total including Shao Kahn, MK11 will have 13 DLC characters.

I have a weird feeling that we won't get any guest characters or just one at the most. The way Ed has been saying that a lot of fan-favorite classic characters are returning has lead me to think this.
The thing is, Ed is not the one who decides how many guest characters wil be present in the game. I'm pretty sure that Ed is the kind of guy who would prefer to give new characters or bring back old charcters, even from the 3D era, with new designs and movesets in the DLCs of MK11. The thing is that WB asks NRS to add more and more guests characters because they are the best selling DLC characters since MK9.

In MKX we had 4 guests out of 8 DLC characters and in Injustice 2 4 guests out of 9 DLCs (Raiden/Sub-Zero/Hellboy/Ninja Turtles). My guess is that MKX we will have 12 DLCs (either 2 packs of 6 characters, or 3 packs of 4) and if we follow the trend we'll probably end up with 5 guest characters.

SINGH E

Noob
The thing is, Ed is not the one who decides how many guest characters wil be present in the game. I'm pretty sure that Ed is the kind of guy who would prefer to give new characters or bring back old charcters, even from the 3D era, with new designs and movesets in the DLCs of MK11. The thing is that WB asks NRS to add more and more guests characters because they are the best selling DLC characters since MK9.

In MKX we had 4 guests out of 8 DLC characters and in Injustice 2 4 guests out of 9 DLCs (Raiden/Sub-Zero/Hellboy/Ninja Turtles). My guess is that MKX we will have 12 DLCs (either 2 packs of 6 characters, or 3 packs of 4) and if we follow the trend we'll probably end up with 5 guest characters.

Yeah, I am familiar with WB games wanting more guest characters as they sell a lot. However, a man can dream of thinking we will have a pureblood MK game without any BS! The only one I'm willing to accept is DoomSlayer (RIP and TEAR!) or Spawn at a stretch.