What's new

Ed Boon is getting backlash on Twitter, for announcing DLC before main roster!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
To be fair, they SHOULD show all the roster before DLC.

That being said, no one should preorder the special edition before the kombat pack is announced, so they need to let us know who the DLC characters are going to be. They just shoulda shown the whole roster first and more quickly before talking about the DLC characters.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The game's camera literally semi-crashed during the Kombat Kast when Kotal tried to tech Jacqui's tech throw Amplified throw....

... and she's in the core roster.

The game's core roster characters aren't even finished up 100% yet.

Why in the world do people think that NRS have these DLC characters fully made already and are just dicking us for money? They are focusing on the actual game at the moment and flesh out the DLC later after launch.

Some people are so frustrating sometimes.
They never look at things objectively and always assume they are getting scammed.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Im confused... that's from 2018...
I believe this tweet was from when Ed criticized SoulCalibur 6 for revealing DLC before the game was out, then Tyler Lansdown and some others pointed out how they actually done the same thing before, and so Ed posted this.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I believe this tweet was from when Ed criticized SoulCalibur 6 for revealing DLC before the game was out, then Tyler Lansdown and some others pointed out how they actually done the same thing before, and so Ed posted this.
i think you maybe correct- the guys over on gamefaq has stated the same thing from the OP...

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I think that tweet was direrected originally towards SC6 showing full gameplay footage of DLC characters before release. Basically that tbe reveal was ready and could have been included in the base game, but wasn't for profit.

When NRS has done pre release DLC announcements in the past they haven't shown a fully complete character, just the concept of them being included.

At least this is my understanding of it.