What's new

Ed Boon interview

Thank you for the summary. Doesn't sound like much in the way of news tho
Yeah pretty much, the interviewer even asked if boon could say when he would announce the next thing and boon couldn't answer that (the pandemic probably has something to do with delays etc...)

One interesting thing was, when asked about Ash, Boon answer gave me a strong impression it's a juicy tale to be told.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
This may be super irrelevant and off-topic, but I wish I could interview/talk to Boon and NRS as a whole. And basically beg them to re-release classic MK games, mainly UMK3 and/or MKT, with the current NRS netcode on consoles. It could even be on the next gen consoles, as long as it happens. It would be a dream come true to finally be able to play these games on a good console with good netcode. Also I could ACTUALLY help people learn and get into UMK3. It’s so inconvenient to even play the classic MK’s, let alone to teach someone how to play via crappy online!

This may be super irrelevant and off-topic, but I wish I could interview/talk to Boon and NRS as a whole. And basically beg them to re-release classic MK games, mainly UMK3 and/or MKT, with the current NRS netcode on consoles. It could even be on the next gen consoles, as long as it happens. It would be a dream come true to finally be able to play these games on a good console with good netcode. Also I could ACTUALLY help people learn and get into UMK3. It’s so inconvenient to even play the classic MK’s, let alone to teach someone how to play via crappy online!
I feel like it's just a matter of time. It would be a huge seller.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I feel like it's just a matter of time. It would be a huge seller.
Imagine this...

Imagine...if you dare...

...MK1-UMK3/MKT AND MK9

TOGETHER IN ONE SET

THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I’m the Evil Dead nerd here who wont let the dream die so let me throw both my Ash theories out regarding this ten second response from Ed

He said “Now there’s one I wish I could talk about. Perhaps on a future episode of Vic’s Basement we can have a discussion on that”

Ed didn’t sound super excited about that. So I have negative and positive guesses.

A. Ash got cut. Something happened and he was replaced by both Joker and Robocop, and he wants to explain the situation and the frustration it’s caused but can’t right now legally.
B. Ed wants to talk about the countless leaks that have happened with Ash and how he’s the worlds worst kept secret. But, he can’t, because he’s still on the way or he still isn’t completely off the table right now.

What pains me is the fact that the flack Ed and NRS are getting for the silence concerning questions on future content is SO unfair.

He wants to give us new info and tidbits, but WB won't let him.
The ironic thing is when they are allowed, they tend to go too far and spoil way too much. It's like they've fought the urge to tease and reveal tidbits here and there and then cannot hold it in anymore, so they just go nuts.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
great interview ! Ed Boon is such a humble dude, despite being the creator of a great franchise game, and being involved with such big corporations along his career .... is just incredible what this man has accomplished so far, there is no way you cannot like and love this guy !

nice to know that , despite all tremendous annoying harassement and stupid boring provocation the Mileena stans on Twitter have being doing, that Ed just took OK and lighty the question, and even make a lot of fun with ..... maybe he perhaps could even consider put her in the game after all, in 2021, who knows ?

in general, I hope that Mr. Boon stay with us, as major creative mind behind MK franchise, for at least, 10 or 15 years to come , will be a very sad day when he retires, he is a very competent and charismatic person, who deserves all good luck and nice stuff in his work and all game involving things he plans to do yet. :D

What I think would be awesome is just adding a Klassic Kombat mode to MK11 or a future game where basically as a separate game mode, every character just had the standard lay out from UMK3/Trilogy (high/low punch and kick, sweep, uppercut , roundhouse and a handful of dial a combos. Zoom the play area out a bit and basically give people the option to play the game as if it was an MK3 style game.

What pains me is the fact that the flack Ed and NRS are getting for the silence concerning questions on future content is SO unfair.

He wants to give us new info and tidbits, but WB won't let him.
That's business for you, unfortunately. In a perfect world creators would have a bigger say in their own work, but that ain't happening.

We're likely seeing more from the next project when it won't get in the way of MK11 content anymore, they're gonna try to keep MK11 current to the very last chance, it needs to be THE NRS game that is happening so it will sell more DLC, specially when we're talking about a casual audience that will just get hype about the next project and not give much of a thought to more limited content until the next full package drops. If the release trend follows as usual, end of the year is the time so they can have chances to market it enough by release.