What's new

Ed Boon Interview with GameInformer: EX Moves Change is still experimental

Slymind

Noob
I assume the moves will be available right out of the gate(?)

If so, i think the tournaments should allow for custom variations, given that all the moves will be available for labbing. It's like MKX variations but, with freedom of choice, i personally do not think it's a problem, but, let's see what people will decide.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I wonder how cosmetics work then? They seem tied to the custom variations, so how do we choose a base variation while keeping our custom gear, skins, shaders, etc?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
That makes me a little nervous since the 3 month release date means they can't really change or experiment too much before release. Hope they get a lot of input on this.

kevkopdx

Noob
I really hope the game releases with the opion to play gear or non gear matches this time. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to hear that all of the customization won’t be tourney viable and what we’re looking at is basically the same variation system.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder how cosmetics work then? They seem tied to the custom variations, so how do we choose a base variation while keeping our custom gear, skins, shaders, etc?
I sure hope not, they should allow us to buy/unlock everything if we wish cosmetically, I see no reason not to. I am still hoping we have a full color palette option free to color various parts of the uniform but I have a feeling they're going to give us preset colors again like I2.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
Interesting that they are regarding Custom Variations as a casual/online only thing. I think as long as the gear isn;t RNG based it should be a lot more interesting this time around.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I like the MKX meter system more than this, especially with regards to X-ray moves and the recharge mechanic

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I hope we go back to enhancing specials with block. Making it different for every single move is unnecessary.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I am just getting in from the event, I will bump this tomorrow. Will say, hope the EX moves go back to classic, wasn’t into needing to memorize the different ways to Mb different moves for every character

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might