What's new

Ed Boon Hints at Hour Man. More JSA character to come?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Today at 1:28 PM EST Ed Boon Tweeted out the following

hour man.png

For those of you who may or may not know, this is Hour Man, a character who has been in a couple of Organizations in the DC universe but is mostly associated with The Justice Society of America (Or JSA) Could this mean we get Hour Man in Injustice 2? Most likely. However if we get one JSA member, who says we can't get more? Could we see the likes of Hawkman, Atom, Starman or Sandman? Could this mean that Black Canary will make it into the game? Please discuss!

Source: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/808423257850449922

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I could see Atom

Canary is dead, could still kinda see it happening since she isn't completely "dead" and she is popular.

Hawkman is dead af

chores

bad at things
So what are his powers?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hourman#Powers_and_abilities

Any superhuman abilities they display are derived from the use of Miraclo. Taking Miraclo grants a user several abilities for the span of an hour. Most obvious are the superhuman strength, durability, increased resistance to physical damage (to the extent of being impervious to small arms fire) and speed enhancements.

so basically dude carries around a bottle of adderall

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
aPAULOgize to any... uh..... Hour Man fans out there, but of all the DC characters Boonie's eyebrows could show us it's Hour Man? I mean.........Hour Man??

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hourman#Powers_and_abilities

Any superhuman abilities they display are derived from the use of Miraclo. Taking Miraclo grants a user several abilities for the span of an hour. Most obvious are the superhuman strength, durability, increased resistance to physical damage (to the extent of being impervious to small arms fire) and speed enhancements.

so basically dude carries around a bottle of adderall
He sounds lame AF

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
It's the first time hearing about Hour Man. What's his backstory? What are his powers? I'd love to know some stuff about him. Thanks.

trufenix

bye felicia
Really, years and years of teasing and trolling and Boon just gives us a reveal of some T list character? Get real guys, even Injustice Joker / GL reveal wasn't this free.

The song is about time, the character is about hours. I'd say reveal (or some news) in less than 24 hours.

Edit: I do love that the response to anything Ed says or does is now character requests. On his death bed, the doctor will come in and tell his family that the only way to save him is to put Fujin in MK15.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
aPAULOgize to any... uh..... Hour Man fans out there, but of all the DC characters Boonie's eyebrows could show us it's Hour Man? I mean.........Hour Man??
He sounds lame AF
I mean, if this character makes the cut, out of all the possible DC Chars, I will be immensely disappointed. More disappointed than any lame char or dlc or anything. He could have the epic moveset and still be lame.

This HourMan clown is the definition of corny. An insult to even reference him.

haketh

Noob
I mean, if this character makes the cut, out of all the possible DC Chars, I will be immensely disappointed. More disappointed than any lame char or dlc or anything. He could have the epic moveset and still be lame.

You didn't read Geoff John's great JSA run did you

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

I think this is boon trolling

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
They'll probably give him Matthew Tyler's moveset, sort of like they gave Aquaman lightning and hydromancy in IGAU.
Wiki on Matthew Tyler Hourman:

"Tyler" is often simply called an android, but is actually an intelligent machine colony (possibly a form of nanotechnology) created by Tylerco in the far future. If damaged, this colony can effortlessly multiply and repair. His software is encoded with the genetics of Rex Tyler, giving him all of Rex's memories. He originally possessed the Worlogog, which gave him complete control over time. He later gave all but a shard of it up, but not before he absorbed all of Batman's memories of the JLA.

Though not as powerful as he was originally, Tyler still retained super strength, durability, and speed equivalent to a person using Miraclo. He was able to access an "Hour of Power," sixty minutes during which he had power over time. He can do many things with this control: move between picoseconds, travel though time, use his own time vision (which allows him to see a person's past and future, as well as their age) or make people and things younger, slow a person down until essentially frozen, create tunnels between different time periods, and share power with other individuals (though the amount of time that he provides them power for directly takes away from his sixty minutes). Tyler activates the Hour of Power at will and the hourglass on his chest keeps count of the time. There seems to be some doubt how often he can use his Hour of Power. Like the other Hourmans' use of Miraclo, sometimes Tyler is said to only have one Hour of Power a day, while at other times he simply must wait another hour to recharge before he can reactivate, and it is unclear if he must use that Hour of Power in one go or if he can spread it out over the course of the day.

Tyler also has a timeship that he can summon from the timestream. It is connected to him and reacts to his thoughts. It normally appears as a Viking-style wooden sailing ship adorned with clocks, but it can change form as Tyler dictates to anything from a simple wooden skiff to a futuristic spaceship and also be used as a weapon, as when Hourman made a large hand out of it to trap Extant. The ship can travel through time, to alternate timelines, or through hypertime.

Last edited: