What's new

Ed Boon: Confirms Kombat Pack 2 or Troll? You Decide!!

Ed Boon: KP2 Confirmed or Troll?

• Total voters

Noob
I just don't understand why if the only part of the series you ever liked happened 20 years ago you're still holding out hope for some sort of revival when the new stuff is just fine for tons of fans.

Even Star Wars fans learned to just get over it or watch Dr. Who instead.
LOL you actually made me laught with that dr who ref. You know its all cool i mean ppl look for diferent things in the MK series, i found the strong point of the series was always UMK3, and unfortunally never saw the following titles as big personal successes, while i do find some lvl of enjoyment playing MK9 and MKX its just not the same for me, im very old school like that.

@14K well, I understand your point, I mean, for me though it's totally the opposite, even though I began playing from MK1 and been a fan of the franchise ever since, I find much more value on how things developed after the tournaments. Deception, as long as we get a more "risky" and interesting roster, I'll be really happy about it. Let's see what's next!
I believe that there could be a lot of value in the progress of the story after the tornaments, just not how it is atm. Maybe my biased comes from a great dislike at this new kid characters that they introduced, i just cant like any of them aside from Takeda... Storywise they have no character development or progression, they dont add anything to the story aside from just being there on and off not really doing the story much help, and everytime the are put into a situation it feels very forced almost to the point of being ridiculous. NRS makes decent Stories for a fighting game, better that any other outthere, but i feel they are still far from being a compliment of any kind, considering that there are so many inconsistencies... but it sure looks pretty tho, cant call them out on that, the fights and CGI looks very pretty...

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I just gotta point out that Ed posted a tweet saying "thunder buddies for life." Uh.. I know there is a monkey hugging a dog but is that a hint to Rain and Fujin? Because Rain has lightning, Fujin controls wind? Yeah..

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I just gotta point out that Ed posted a tweet saying "thunder buddies for life." Uh.. I know there is a monkey hugging a dog but is that a hint to Rain and Fujin?
Since there's only two mammals there, my thinking leads me to believe that it's hinting towards Fujin more than the Artist formerly known as "Prince"'s song.

Ill be honest i really dislike 2 things happening right now... 1 they are side by side following the story line of MK4, and i for one think all 3d era MKs are horrible horrible creations on all fronts so i HOPE to god they dont follow the story because 90% of the 3d era characters are straight up bad character design and bad story design...the 2nd think thats starting to get to me is that this is MK its about the MK tornament held every generation to save a realm by warriors of diferent realms from the invasion of Shao Khan or whatever other tyran is trying to take over.. and i think MK is going on a complitely off direction right now, it has nothing to do with mortal kombat, its just a bunch of "kids now" trying to be as cool as their older counterparts running around haf cocked without much of a purpose... atleast thats how i feel, just my opinion... Iconic characters complitely removed from the game just for the sake of story, replaced by really poor infantile versions of themselfs, and others killed off for no good reason other than "cool" CGI... i dunno man, really not a fan of the path this is going.. sorry going off on a bit of a rant here my bad, carry on
The 3D era characters actually had pretty decent stories. Hotaru, Havik, Bo' Rai Cho, etc were all great on that front, it's just the gameplay that people remember. The character designs were lacking but we all know they can be improved.

The story in MKX in all honesty is pretty awful, but there are some good things about it. I just don't feel like the story is really a priority anymore, it's just a two hour movie with some fights and quick time events. There isn't enough time for proper character development, and it feels rushed. There's no reason to change the formula though, the games are selling better than they ever have before, and they're very positively received.

ErMac333

Noob
@DownfouralitY yeah, I'd totally say the komics are developing the pre-MKX story much better. Of course we need to consider that comics are a much more suitable vessel to tell a story, opposed to a fighting game in which the focus need to shift for the gameplay and a lot of balancing, not to mention that resources that went into those cinematics not even compare to the same amount of story development being put on illustrated pages.

Although the story was very well developed and the formula really succeeded profit-wise as you said, so it's very likely they'll keep it this way from now on. I just wish the future games were more story driven and more risky when it comes to the roster, so we can see more new stuff and less from the last game. I recognize kharacter popularity will influence their decisions, but still I think MKX could've risked more.

Noob
@DownfouralitY yeah, I'd totally say the komics are developing the pre-MKX story much better. Of course we need to consider that comics are a much more suitable vessel to tell a story, opposed to a fighting game in which the focus need to shift for the gameplay and a lot of balancing, not to mention that resources that went into those cinematics not even compare to the same amount of story development being put on illustrated pages.

Although the story was very well developed and the formula really succeeded profit-wise as you said, so it's very likely they'll keep it this way from now on. I just wish the future games were more story driven and more risky when it comes to the roster, so we can see more new stuff and less from the last game. I recognize kharacter popularity will influence their decisions, but still I think MKX could've risked more.
Well MKX is th family fued edition which a lot of ppl "including myself" found to he the lowest point in roster selecting in a very long time

ErMac333

Noob
@14K to be honest, I'm also not too fond of these family ties, although I recognize it's a good idea to bring a next generation that has its feet closer to our actual reality, and not the reality of the 90s or 00s. So even though it brings more depth in modern stylistic choices, and also, the approach to their storytelling and personalities being more directed in social/family conflict, I still far prefer the additions of D'Vorah and Erron. Kotal and Ferra/Torr are not so appealing to me but also great kharacters! Really curious to see what they're gonna do to D'Vorah and Erron story-wise from now on. Also hoping the new generation makes justice to their relatives in future titles!

Noob
@14K to be honest, I'm also not too fond of these family ties, although I recognize it's a good idea to bring a next generation that has its feet closer to our actual reality, and not the reality of the 90s or 00s!
What i think this new characters " special forces " need is more suffering/adversity, i mean look at the initial story Ermac rips Jax arms out straight up "shout outs to Ermac being a badass " The Great Kung Lao got the shit beat out of him by Goro, it gave his reencarnate Kung Lao so much more deph and interest in his character and struggle. Kabal suffers his disfigurement by the flames of kintaro which basicly makes him super badass and creates his full personna i mean see where im going with this? adversity creates deph and memorable moments, this new characters had none of that, i mean they get beat up here and there but nothing that apparently a few hours of sleep and bandaids cant cure... thats why i believe this new kid characters are so forgetable aside from Takeda... I agree D´Vorah and Erron have HUGE potential going forward. Ferra is just poorly used, but in my opinion has a lot of potential if used right next time...

ErMac333

Noob
@14K yeah I see what you mean... Although not all kharacters have been through losses and everything else, the new generation will probably meet some tough shit in future titles, they're just new and that's probably why NRS avoided giving them too much of a hard time. We'll have to wait and see...

Reactions: 14K

DDTECH

H8TR MKR
I have no source that says Noob.

Only Rain, Bar, and sindell, I have no clue on the 4th.

A second and possibly third pack, just like the only one we thought we'd get, with Jason predator Tanya and Tremor, skins, no brutalities and fatalities and stage fatalities and brutalities. I'm hearing and seeing Meat will be added.

I gave you my source, He works for blizzard / WB, thats all you need to know. When the patch comes out, i'm sure everyone will start to believe what i have to say. I'm just trying to help.

shezy

Noob
Even if the pack comes out, kabal will not be in it and you all know that he was the game changer maybe that's why they left him as a playable character.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1

Jesus these tweets about KP2 getting more and more obvious and direct.
Good sign we gonna see announcement in the next 2 weeks.