What's new

EchoFox SonicFox Wins Injustice 2 Pro Series Finals - Match Log Inside

That's pretty cool that you came on here and acknowledged this thread to be honest. But no, I don't think a single person cares (negatively that is) that you acknowledged a gay couple. I think it's nice that you gave a shoutout to your bro. But you're still a kid. So you really don't get it. This isn't evo or ESL anymore or the PL 13-0 fiasco. When you roasted PL, that was perfect (no pun intended). Perfect platform and venue and the dude was asking for it. But when you have one shot to mainstream this a little bit more, just keep it a bit more professional. Hayatei was another one where even the commentators said, "Well that wasn't PG, that was ah... passion. Yeah that's what that was." Not a chance in hell could I beat you, Sonic. The reads you made in some MKX matches are disgusting and I don't even have the time to dedicate to this game if I wanted to. This game is still in it's infancy so we'll see if counter picking becomes less of an issue over time. But at the end of the day, props for responding to thread and congrats on your win.

Last edited:
I have LITERALLY never met you LOL and im assuming these "other people" you talk of have never met me either lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I will say it again for the humdredth time in this thread. I have no feelings toward you. Youre the best and I've mentioned it. It is the position youre in on national television. Competition is competition. I have been playing d1 fpotball for 4 years and these attitudes divide players and the fan base. Last weekend was a huge step for the fgc that could move it towards a more respected frontier in pro gaming.

Honestly I believe it has something to do with the individualsim im fighting games. There is hardly a team aspect. People here complain about the low income for fighting game players. You might not feel it but alot do. Slayer for example and brady talks about it all the time.You are however in a strong position to change it.

There are probably a lot of things I dont knpw about esports! I do competition and team aspect because I have lived it my whole life. I just feel this community is divided from fans because I try to get ppeople to watch and they find disrespect, disrespectful.

Again I do not hate or judge you and that argument is getting really lazy. I juat dont want you to miss an opportunity to put the fgc on the map. Keep doing you though I dont mind swagger at all its important. Also idk who that gay couple is and didmt know they were gay lol

I will say it again for the humdredth time in this thread. I have no feelings toward you. Youre the best and I've mentioned it. It is the position youre in on national television. Competition is competition. I have been playing d1 fpotball for 4 years and these attitudes divide players and the fan base. Last weekend was a huge step for the fgc that could move it towards a more respected frontier in pro gaming.

Honestly I believe it has something to do with the individualsim im fighting games. There is hardly a team aspect. People here complain about the low income for fighting game players. You might not feel it but alot do. Slayer for example and brady talks about it all the time.You are however in a strong position to change it.

There are probably a lot of things I dont knpw about esports! I do competition and team aspect because I have lived it my whole life. I just feel this community is divided from fans because I try to get ppeople to watch and they find disrespect, disrespectful.

Again I do not hate or judge you and that argument is getting really lazy. I juat dont want you to miss an opportunity to put the fgc on the map. Keep doing you though I dont mind swagger at all its important. Also idk who that gay couple is and didmt know they were gay lol

You're probably right that individualism has something to do with it. But my example about Tokido in Street Fighter or LI JOE last year is a good example of showcasing work ethic and thanks. Sonic, saying thanks and well done to your competitors is not being a drone. It's called being decent.

REYTHEGREAT

Ok guys, I think i get the message that everyone here is saying. Here is what i gathered...

-You guys want Sonic to be more professional, specially at this stage of e-sport.
-Sonic has the potential (business wise) to use his "fame" but hasn't tapped into this potential due to his attitude.
-Sonic has the chance to unite and strengthen the community but with his attitude, thats not happening.

I think thats what everyone is saying, right?

Anyway, to be honest. If i were winning so much and getting all this attention on and off the screen, i would be changing my entire mindset and attitude. I would start thinking more like a businessman and make business moves. Meaning, my own headphones, clothing, special appearances, book deal, bruh...i would milk the shit out of this while i still can cause eventually, this will end at some point.

Thats the entrepreneur in me.

trufenix

bye felicia
Have you ever heard a player from nba say a team was free after a win?
yes, basketball players say they are better than other guys and other teams literally all the time. They talk shit in locker rooms, on radio shows, on twitter, just like anyone else. Google it. There's no shortage of remixes.

Not everyone that's great at sports is great at sportsmanship.

yes, basketball players say they are better than other guys and other teams literally all the time. They talk shit in locker rooms, on radio shows, on twitter, just like anyone else. Google it. There's no shortage of remixes.

Not everyone that's great at sports is great at sportsmanship.
There is a difference between shit talking and being disrespectful. Shit talking usually shows before an event because of all the hype. Disrespect after a win is completely different. Imterviews 90 percent of the time consist of giving regards to an opponent for two reasons. They know firsthand the hardwork and dedication it takes to win events at the highest lvl of competition in any sport esport etc.. the other reason is because everything is a business. Players are fined for disrespect in sports because those bysinesses dont want to lose money to actions that society see as distasteful.

The truth is I dont know whether @SonicFox5000 respects his opponents or not. I would say he does because he understands the sacrifices needed. Im just saying its ok to show respect. It doesnt make you look weak. It might be unfair that society makes you play by a set of rules sometimes but sometimes you have to. Im not trying to tell anyone how to live your life just think about it. Think about it for the fgc.

Ok guys, I think i get the message that everyone here is saying. Here is what i gathered...

-You guys want Sonic to be more professional, specially at this stage of e-sport.
-Sonic has the potential (business wise) to use his "fame" but hasn't tapped into this potential due to his attitude.
-Sonic has the chance to unite and strengthen the community but with his attitude, thats not happening.

I think thats what everyone is saying, right?

Anyway, to be honest. If i were winning so much and getting all this attention on and off the screen, i would be changing my entire mindset and attitude. I would start thinking more like a businessman and make business moves. Meaning, my own headphones, clothing, special appearances, book deal, bruh...i would milk the shit out of this while i still can cause eventually, this will end at some point.

Thats the entrepreneur in me.
And this would speak huge for the fgc! The success of one means success for everyone in a community. Walking into gamestop and seeing a sf controller, fight stick, etc would do alot for sf but would do more for the fgc just by spreading the names of our best players.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Triple post because idgaf:
The act that a lot of people are upset at my esports personality is great LOL
Im not gonna become a fucking drone no matter where I go. I also dont give a fuck whether people that I dont know like me or not when they havent met me either. I do however will call out bullshit on things half the people in this thread dont even know about lol.

Also this is the FGC not the fucking UFC, so I am going to act accordingly with how I am and not changing a thing about it. There's no business aspect of talking shit etc etc. Either come and beat me or im taking all your money.

I also only lost 1 game the entirety of the IPS finale so i am more than just inclined to talk any amount of shit I want, and I am not here to listen on peoples "speculations" on how people felt after what I said when I know each and one of them personally.
So fuck you guys come best me IRL or your gonna keep seeing me be "distasteful" (I bet its because I shouted out a gay couple on tv) lmfaoooooooo.
and thats F A C TS
Essentially exactly the mindset I thought you had. It would be my mindset as well.

Keep doing you man. Fuck everybody if they doubt you. You're the furry god and the king of NRS, no one can say SHIT or take that away from you. @SonicFox5000

You're not a bad guy man. Everyone gets too uptight on these forums sometimes. You seem reasonable enough to me.

Good conversation.
I appreciate that. Sometimes I think this community doesnt get what it deserves and I think its because we have gotten complacent, but I dont know everything so I try just sparking conversation. I'm glad you see that!

There's your issue. If you can honestly say you don't know if SonicFox respects his comp, you're out of your depth. Go find an actual FGC heel like Aris or FChamp and pitch your call for sanity.
Of course I dont know if he does or not. As a viewerof the espn2 broadcast that has no ties to the fgc what would you be inclined to believe?

Again though if you have been understanding my argument, it would not matter what I think. It doesnt matter if you had won ips finals i would say the same. I don't pretend to know what sf thinks, i have never met him. This is getting nowhere now so if you dont undersatnd what im trying to say now then ill save your time and move on

Does anyone else agree with me that the reason Sonic one the tourney so cleanly was because he's the only one that has devoted the time to basically learn the whole cast? It's a little embarrassing for Semij to stick to Catwoman after repeatedly being shutdown. You'd think with players of this caliber, they'd understand the game is in a state of counter picking. The only reason you should be playing cattleman against red hood with 120k on the line is if you genuinely believe that she is the best matchup for red hood. She isn't. Sonic was hands down the smartest player on that stage along with Tekken Master. They both have this back catalogue of tools to chose from unlike Scar who needed super girl to get anywhere close this level.

Last edited:

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
pointless "discussion"
lol
Welcome to the internet, I hear Twitter is even worse. But it's not pointless, it's a valid debate: Should players just be out for themselves and they can do whatever they want, or is there some larger collective ("eSports" this year, "community" in the past) that players should keep in mind in how they behave.

However in the end the guys who make the rules are the ones signing the checks. Warner Brothers is perfectly capable (and in my opinion justified) to gather up everyone before the top 8 and tell them "say nice things, don't say these other kinds of things" if that's what they want. If ESPN didn't like some part of a pre-taped interview they're entirely capable of editing it out. So far it seems like the eSports overlords are ok with things, whatever their reasoning is.

Welcome to the internet, I hear Twitter is even worse. But it's not pointless, it's a valid debate: Should players just be out for themselves and they can do whatever they want, or is there some larger collective ("eSports" this year, "community" in the past) that players should keep in mind in how they behave.

However in the end the guys who make the rules are the ones signing the checks. Warner Brothers is perfectly capable (and in my opinion justified) to gather up everyone before the top 8 and tell them "say nice things, don't say these other kinds of things" if that's what they want. If ESPN didn't like some part of a pre-taped interview they're entirely capable of editing it out. So far it seems like the eSports overlords are ok with things, whatever their reasoning is.
That's a strong point to make and very well could be that the higher ups are satisfied with the competitive scene. It seems right now they are more concerned with creating more venues to showcase their strongest players and that is important too.

I would still argue that creating a respectable team of high level players would open the community to more non fgc fans, however I am also just as likely to be wrong. I'm just glad people are seeing this thread as a discussion for the potential of the fgc rather than a sf bashing.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Does anyone else agree with me that the reason Sonic one the tourney so cleanly was because he's the only one that has devoted the time to basically learn the whole cast? It's a little embarrassing for Semij to stick to Catwoman after repeatedly being shutdown. You'd think with players of this caliber, they'd understand the game is in a state of counter picking. The only reason you should be playing cattleman against red hood with 120k on the line is if you genuinely believe that she is the best matchup for red hood. She isn't. Sonic was hands down the smartest player on that stage along with Tekken Master. They both have this back catalogue of tools to chose from unlike Scar who needed super girl to get anywhere close this level.
I can understand why he kept Catwoman, because he did manage to take one game from @SonicFox5000 in the winners finales. I think the real mistake was that he didn't take into account that Sonic will adapt to his gameplay. Did Semij really needed to counter pick? Maybe, but if he at least changed his approach, he could've won, but that's a big "if".