What's new

EchoFox SonicFox Wins Injustice 2 Pro Series Finals - Match Log Inside

Yeah because Mayweather is the most humble person on the planet, yeah?

He probably doesn't give a fuck what people think, nor should he. He's made over $400,000 playing video games professionally and that number isn't shrinking anytime soon. So why would he give a fuck about people liking him? Who cares? Let him do him.
I never said anything about Mayweather because i know nothing about the dude, but thank you for proving my point that no one on this site actually reads.

I'll say it again, he has no obligation to abide by the rules of society, however he is in a very unique position to show the world the highs and lows of this community. If i was in that top 16 i would feel disreapected honestly. He knows betwee than anyone the work you have to put in and he undermined the ethic of his opponents on national television. I would bet a grand nrs would like someone with a bigger picture in mind to be their hero.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I never said anything about Mayweather because i know nothing about the dude, but thank you for proving my point that no one on this site actually reads.
That would be what we in the Illuminati call an "analogy".

I'll say it again, he has no obligation to abide by the rules of society, however he is in a very unique position to show the world the highs and lows of this community. If i was in that top 16 i would feel disreapected honestly. He knows betwee than anyone the work you have to put in and he undermined the ethic of his opponents on national television. I would bet a grand nrs would like someone with a bigger picture in mind to be their hero.
Of course it was disrespectful, he called them all free. If they don't like it, do something about it and shut him up by beating him. Otherwise he will keep calling them free.

It's a good thing the winner isn't voted in. You have to earn that shit. And he did, so he can say whatever he wants. Don't like it? Again, beat him to shut him up. Otherwise you're just barking at a wall hoping the wall will disappear.

That would be what we in the Illuminati call an "analogy".

Of course it was disrespectful, he called them all free. If they don't like it, do something about it and shut him up by beating him. Otherwise he will keep calling them free.

It's a good thing the winner isn't voted in. You have to earn that shit. And he did, so he can say whatever he wants. Don't like it? Again, beat him to shut him up. Otherwise you're just barking at a wall hoping the wall will disappear.
Your analogy was misplaced in this conversation. Quote the ppl that actually referenced it.

I acknowledged he has no obligation, just missed an opportunity. this entire thread has turned into an argument about sf when he is irrelevant. I am talkimg about the position he has himself in. This thread could have created a morale behind within the fgc behind sf instead it will remain the lesser lucrative and lesser respected chamber of pro gaming as a whole.

trufenix

bye felicia
This thread could have created a morale behind within the fgc behind sf instead it will remain the lesser lucrative and lesser respected chamber of pro gaming as a whole.
If WB/NRS (or Capcom, or the NBA, or whoever) wanted metered response on the mic they wouldn't shove it in a guys face ten seconds after he wins looking for a juicy adrenaline filled rant. Literally no harm was done to anybody by this. You're waging war for nobody.

If WB/NRS (or Capcom, or the NBA, or whoever) wanted metered response on the mic they wouldn't shove it in a guys face ten seconds after he wins looking for a juicy adrenaline filled rant. Literally no harm was done to anybody by this. You're waging war for nobody.
Have you ever heard a player from nba say a team was free after a win?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Your analogy was misplaced in this conversation. Quote the ppl that actually referenced it.

I acknowledged he has no obligation, just missed an opportunity. this entire thread has turned into an argument about sf when he is irrelevant. I am talkimg about the position he has himself in. This thread could have created a morale behind within the fgc behind sf instead it will remain the lesser lucrative and lesser respected chamber of pro gaming as a whole.
It isn't misplaced. It fits perfectly into your narrative. And I didn't know anyone else referenced it.

It's only a missed opportunity for the rest of the FGC, that's what you're not getting. SonicFox doesn't need to grow anything, he's already winning more money than anyone in the FGC (or at least close to it). And it's not chump change either. Why would he want more people in the scene that can challenge him? You have to look at it in a business aspect. Right now a handful of people at best can defeat him. He's the favorite at every tournament he goes to, and consistently wins or places. Of course it's selfish and it's not good for the FGC as a whole, but it's good for him. He's making easy money right now. That's the truth, if the other competitors don't like that fact, they need to level up or it isn't going to chaneg.

If your angle is growing the eSports brand side, again, he's already making eSports money single handedly. If it were to get bigger, that in turn would create more competition for him. I'm not suggesting he's thought of this, just that for him the right move is to do pretty much what he did.

You can all it selfish, disrespectful, a loss opportunity, or whatever else. At the end of the day, he's being him and looking out for himself. You can dislike him for it but that's on you.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Well hasn't this thread exploded lol.

I really can't even take a side here. Sonic was a tad bit out of line throwing shade at everyone in the tournament... but let's be real, no one really made that statement untrue. Uncalled for? Sure.
Untrue? No.

It isn't misplaced. It fits perfectly into your narrative. And I didn't know anyone else referenced it.

It's only a missed opportunity for the rest of the FGC, that's what you're not getting. SonicFox doesn't need to grow anything, he's already winning more money than anyone in the FGC (or at least close to it). And it's not chump change either. Why would he want more people in the scene that can challenge him? You have to look at it in a business aspect. Right now a handful of people at best can defeat him. He's the favorite at every tournament he goes to, and consistently wins or places. Of course it's selfish and it's not good for the FGC as a whole, but it's good for him. He's making easy money right now. That's the truth, if the other competitors don't like that fact, they need to level up or it isn't going to chaneg.

If your angle is growing the eSports brand side, again, he's already making eSports money single handedly. If it were to get bigger, that in turn would create more competition for him. I'm not suggesting he's thought of this, just that for him the right move is to do pretty much what he did.

You can all it selfish, disrespectful, a loss opportunity, or whatever else. At the end of the day, he's being him and looking out for himself. You can dislike him for it but that's on you.
That's a fair point. Maybe that is why he does it. I could understand. I don't feel anyway towards the dude and haven't been arguing that he's at fault at all. I could see him to keep tje competition limited. It just seems so disappointing that our community had a chance to show ppl that we are a strong community with an insane work ethic. Fair pomt though just wanted to discuss.

That's my overriding point here. In order to be good at fighting games, (not smash - wave dashing is an abomination, and 4 is a joke), it takes an insane level of practice. And to stand there and just say, it was free hee hee hee, is really obnoxious. You could argue either way that it's a poor or good business decision. I'm inclined to believe that if he's really that confident he would want to grow the scene a bit more. His earnings are not chump change by any means, but VC's, PE, and Ibanking makes that in a few months. This is not professional athlete money we're talking about here. And I do think the sport can grow beyond the basement dwelling nerd stereotype.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
That's a fair point. Maybe that is why he does it. I could understand. I don't feel anyway towards the dude and haven't been arguing that he's at fault at all. I could see him to keep tje competition limited. It just seems so disappointing that our community had a chance to show ppl that we are a strong community with an insane work ethic. Fair pomt though just wanted to discuss.
Yeah definitely disappointing, but I can't hate on him.

On the flip side he COULD even be frustrated that no one is challenging him. So he figured calling them free would make them work harder.

Oooor he was just boasting/gloating and just said it to be an asshole. Who knows, lol.

Marlow

Premium
Premium Supporter
I think the scene can grow, but I don't think it's up to competative players to grow the scene. They can elevate the scene by giving it more exposure, but I see growth as coming more from veteran players who take the time to put together guides, or provide solid commentary, or become a good resource and ambassador for the game.

Yeah definitely disappointing, but I can't hate on him.

On the flip side he COULD even be frustrated that no one is challenging him. So he figured calling them free would make them work harder.

Oooor he was just boasting/gloating and just said it to be an asshole. Who knows, lol.
To be that good you gwt bored is crazy lmao he wasnt as dominate this year though so I think other competitive players are making their way.

I think the scene can grow, but I don't think it's up to competative players to grow the scene. They can elevate the scene by giving it more exposure, but I see growth as coming more from veteran players who take the time to put together guides, or provide solid commentary, or become a good resource and ambassador for the game.
That cpuld be it. We are really just now getting to a veteran type of generation so we could find put soon. Depending on what brady, pig, etc do with their love pf rhe game now that they are slowly retiring

SonicFox5000

The Best.
He's not saying sf sucks at nrs titles bro. He's saying his skills at nrs titles don't show in society. It's just a backwards metaphor.

This is the problem with this site. Ppl read what they want to read to choose a "popular" response. Stop avoiding.

Everyone here likes to say "it's just his personality," how many of you have spent enough time with the dude to know him?
I have LITERALLY never met you LOL and im assuming these "other people" you talk of have never met me either lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Triple post because idgaf:
The act that a lot of people are upset at my esports personality is great LOL
Im not gonna become a fucking drone no matter where I go. I also dont give a fuck whether people that I dont know like me or not when they havent met me either. I do however will call out bullshit on things half the people in this thread dont even know about lol.

Also this is the FGC not the fucking UFC, so I am going to act accordingly with how I am and not changing a thing about it. There's no business aspect of talking shit etc etc. Either come and beat me or im taking all your money.

I also only lost 1 game the entirety of the IPS finale so i am more than just inclined to talk any amount of shit I want, and I am not here to listen on peoples "speculations" on how people felt after what I said when I know each and one of them personally.
So fuck you guys come best me IRL or your gonna keep seeing me be "distasteful" (I bet its because I shouted out a gay couple on tv) lmfaoooooooo.
and thats F A C TS

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Let's keep it going: What about Hayatei, whose interview response was basically "fuck all you all" (but in a very unconvincing tone)?

Honestly I have no clue what Warner Brothers' business case for this eSports stuff is. If they're trying to cater to and groom a cadre of elite players, then I guess it's all fine and whatever. If they're trying to get more casual players to buy the game, then I don't think it's helpful. If they think it's going to bring viewers and ad money, then I don't believe it.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Fuck being humble. If I won that much money in the same fashion, you'd have to kill me to get me to shut up about it. Good shit from everyone that participated.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
@SonicFox5000 Keeping it ALL the way LIVE! You're the best and are very inclined to talk your shit. Keep doing you!

PS: I saw you flippin' that fox hat like it was hair! Feelin' yo'self! Hahaha

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Bunch of bitches ITT. If you don't like Fox on the mic then beat him lmfao.

Funny how the people bitching about Fox don't bring up Hayatei saying a worse version of the same shit. Sounds like a personal issue.

Last edited:

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Im not gonna become a fucking drone no matter where I go. I also dont give a fuck whether people that I dont know like me or not when they havent met me either. I do however will call out bullshit on things half the people in this thread dont even know about lol.

Also this is the FGC not the fucking UFC, so I am going to act accordingly with how I am and not changing a thing about it. There's no business aspect of talking shit etc etc. Either come and beat me or im taking all your money.

I also only lost 1 game the entirety of the IPS finale so i am more than just inclined to talk any amount of shit I want, and I am not here to listen on peoples "speculations" on how people felt after what I said when I know each and one of them personally.
So fuck you guys come best me IRL or your gonna keep seeing me be "distasteful" (I bet its because I shouted out a gay couple on tv) lmfaoooooooo.
and thats F A C TS
I imagine this is you right now
https://media.giphy.com/media/94EQmVHkveNck/giphy.gif

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Premium Supporter

and thats F A C TS
I bet it didn't have a goddamn thing to do with you shouting out a gay couple. I bet it's just because people are stupid and jealous at your absolute brilliance and dominance. You already said it perfectly earlier in your post. Fuck 'em, put up or shut up. I'll speak for those of us that think you're awesome, that see you winning everything and making tons of money yet making plans for your education AND your career after, and are so impressed someone your age has their shit together so well. That sees you helping people, that sees how friendly you are.

Young man, don't get bogged down in the dregs. Do exactly what you just did. Tell those with unfounded criticism to get fucked and keep kicking ass!