What's new

Guide - Cryomancer easy online combos

if anyone has any good F+1,2/F+1,2,2 combos post them here. im messing around with it as i think its a good string in general with its reach.

Maaaaann is there a thread exactly like this for Grandmaster with the optimal detailed situational combos, etc?Haha.I play a little Cryomancer too but GM has been my fave so far, would be nice
if i ever get the time (unless someone beats me to it) ill give it a shot. spending most of my time with cryo right now tho. lot of people interested in grandmaster, should be able to find something. i personally dont see the fun of grandmaster but then ive never been a big ice clone fan, wich is weird cuz sub has always been my fav character.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
"Corner Overhead No Meter
B+2>B+2>F+4,2,grab37%"

Damn that is some serious damage!
I'm not home to test this, but this damage sounds incorrect. I apologize if I'm wrong, but the BnB I use in the corner (b+2, b+2, d+1, b+1,2~Clone, NJP, JiP, b+1,2~slide) does around that and seems much more difficult.

I'm not home to test this, but this damage sounds incorrect. I apologize if I'm wrong, but the BnB I use in the corner (b+2, b+2, d+1, b+1,2~Clone, NJP, JiP, b+1,2~slide) does around that and seems much more difficult.
its correct, damage scaling.. the more hits you do, the more the damage gets lowered as the combo progresses. B+2>B+2>F+4,2,grab is very chunky. also if you freeze someone, that lowers the damage even more severely. this is why almost none of my combos in the list i put up has a freeze effect incorporated, you actually end up with less damage.

also your using grandmaster, wich is lower damage then cryomancer wich is what this thread is for. EX hammer and F+4,2,grab are both large sources of cryomancer damage abilities

edit: you can of course get 38% if you do a jump in :p

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Haha.Yea he's right man. In Cryo that combo does that much, the F4, 2, grab string is 24% alone in Cryo and that simple combo in the corner is 37. Us Grandmasters have to grind it out a bit more for damage..the biggest difference between the two variations imo

Haha.Yea he's right man. In Cryo that combo does that much, the F4, 2, grab string is 24% alone in Cryo and that simple combo in the corner is 37. Us Grandmasters have to grind it out a bit more for damage..the biggest difference between the two variations imo
the variations are actually qutie different in how a person plays them.

cryomancer has a better mixup with a second armored overhead option and can avoid wake up games with a restand that is really high damage. with those 2 he can do 30%-40% basically anywhere on the entire map. he doesnt need to corner pressure. tho he can get a bit higher % if he gets you there.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
its correct, damage scaling.. the more hits you do, the more the damage gets lowered as the combo progresses. B+2>B+2>F+4,2,grab is very chunky. also if you freeze someone, that lowers the damage even more severely. this is why almost none of my combos in the list i put up has a freeze effect incorporated, you actually end up with less damage.

also your using grandmaster, wich is lower damage then cryomancer wich is what this thread is for. EX hammer and F+4,2,grab are both large sources of cryomancer damage abilities

edit: you can of course get 38% if you do a jump in :p
Thanks for confirmation, guys. That's crazy. I had no idea the damage was different between Grandmaster and Cryo. Wow. Cryomancer always interested the most when Sub Zero was first revealed so maybe I'll give it a look.