What's new

Easy Instant airs! Ps4 button remapping gimic.

On the ps4 there is an option to remap buttons to any control scheme you like. What makes this option different from the button remapping in Injustice is that it gives you the option to remap all buttons including dpad.

Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments

By setting R1 to (up) on the dpad, it creates an extremely easy method of instant air specials.

The only con to this control scheme is that you can not set a button to do nothing, nor can you set two buttons to do the same thing.

So if you play exclusively on pad you are forced to have (up) as the interactable button.

Update: You can set R3 or L3 to (up) to remedy having (up) as an interactable button.

Last edited:

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Good thing for [NRS] button checks!

:DOGE

No worries on this. Just pay attention if someone hits that home screen during your set!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Wait, was this in a recent update or something? I don't have a PS4 (yet) but I feel like I should've heard about this a long time ago.

Agoat

Always Be Cmashing
I am missing something, as I don't understand why remapping R1 to up allows the faster execution of the moves seen in the video.

Could someone explain please?
It's easier to press an extra button instead of doing several joystick motions.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
x
Right...

But in the video for example, it first shows Cyborgs projectile being spammed, which is BF1 if I remember..

So how does being able to remap any button to any button help input that in faster?
you don't have to go from up to back to forward, but just r1, bf

I feel like an idiot, but that is exactly what I am not understanding.

Why would you have to go from up to back to forward, why couldn't you just spam back forward 1 all day? where does up come into it, since up isn't part of the move?
In Injustice, Cyborg's and Zod's fireballs were faster in the air. This eliminated the option for the opponent to jump over, dash between or teleport past projectiles, prolonging their approach.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

Why would you have to go from up to back to forward, why couldn't you just spam back forward 1 all day? where does up come into it, since up isn't part of the move?
Gotta jump, brother :D 'instant air projectile'. So you'd be hitting u, b f 1 for each air fireball.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

Well think of it like this. A command grab dbf is slower than just bf right? This way you don't have to move your thumb from the up to back to forward. Instead you press r1 while pressing bf.

Notez4

Noob
Well think of it like this. A command grab dbf is slower than just bf right? This way you don't have to move your thumb from the up to back to forward. Instead you press r1 while pressing bf.
not what hes talking about at all man. he just didnt know those projectiles need to be done in the air but as close to the ground as possible.

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
Even though others have explained it well...Doing projectiles after jumping makes their "execution" faster. If you do a projectile move on the ground, you have to wait until your character recovers from the projectile animation. This isn't the case when being done from the air because the animation has to take into account the amount of time you're in the air.

So naturally, jumping to do fireballs makes your recovery period far faster than doing them on the ground. That being said, your button input would be U, B, F. By reassigning your control, you can essentially press R1 BF to avoid doing the up to back to forward slowing it down quite a bit.

It's pretty much a cheap trick because NRS has redesigned projectiles to be BF instead of BB or FF to avoid this very spam tactic.