What's new

Easter Eggs and Hidden Mechanics You May Have Overlooked

So over the weekend, was seeing some tweets and rumblings about some Easter Eggs and other things in the game that people have been finding. Figured "hey, this is a website meant to compile things for MK11 and discuss them? Why not do a big post with some of those things for those who aren't informed?" So here we are!

1. If you go into the Tournament stage and do an uppercut, you have a chance of getting Dan Forden saying "Toasty!" on the main screen in the background. Nothing I'm seeing suggests there's a button input you have to do to make it happen. Upon my testing, it just seemed random (maybe you have to do something with R2, I dunno). But yeah, just a nice throwback, doesn't seem to give any bonuses like in MK9.

2. Since Intros are kind of rough to unlock, I'm not expecting a whole lot of people to have gotten Cassie's intro selection where she texts random people. From getting dick pics from her dad to hooking up dev's with phone numbers, there's a LOT of unique messages they put in the game.

3. Remember the QTE Supers from Injustice 2? If you need a refresher, there was a hidden mechanic in super moves where you, the attacker could press buttons at a specific point in time, to do slightly more damage, where your opponent could do the same to protect themselves. That's a returning mechanic in Mortal Kombat 11 with the Fatal Blows. Basically the same idea, press buttons at the right time, and if you do it right, you'll see a little symbol appear on your side of the screen.

4. With Mercy's making a return to the series, some people assumed Animalities were coming back (Mercy's being the requirement to do a fatality in MK3). As far as anyone knows, that's false. But what Mercy's DO do, is they allow you to do certain Brutalities, which all seem to be throwbacks to some of the more ridiculous fatalities from the MK3. As an example, check out Liu Kang's Arcade Machine Fatality (now Brutality) below:

5. Last thing I have here (I'll update with any more interesting ones): if you haven't messed with the Krypt yet, there's a lot of interaction it has with other parts of the game, like receiving Raiden's Amulet for completing the Towers of Time tutorial, which allows you to use it on a statue of Raiden you can find at one point. You can also find the corpses of various MK character hidden throughout (as decoration or as parts of a puzzle). There's like a million, but some notable ones include Kano's body chilling in Goro's Dining Hall and Sektor's body being a matching puzzle used to access a Shao Kahn chest at the start. If you've caught any other cool nods, drop them below.

AND drop any other cool things you've found below as well. There's a lot, people are finding stuff, and I'm sure there'll be something somebody here hasn't seen that you have.

Last edited:

Comments

Wait, I have completed every single tutorial and I don't have Raiden's amulet... Are you sure that's how you get it?

#4: I wonder if the input for the Mercy brutality is universal. What was the requirement on Liu's Arcade Smash, just a back throw? Did you need to hold any particular button?

How does one figure Mercy allows other brutalities? Legit would love to know.
When you unlock the Brutality, it tells you all the little details (must be after mercy, must input this command during hit, etc.) in the pause screen move list, not the Kosmetics tab in customize.

So I got a Tower modifier that said "Secret kombatant slides in to attack"

It looks like Noob in the modifier symbol...but the character slides across the screen at INSANE speed. If it's just a Noob shadow clone, why is it called "Secret kombatant"?

Anyone else see this?

So I got a Tower modifier that said "Secret kombatant slides in to attack"

It looks like Noob in the modifier symbol...but the character slides across the screen at INSANE speed. If it's just a Noob shadow clone, why is it called "Secret kombatant"?

Anyone else see this?
Maybe it’s Reptile. I think he is called “secret kombatant” in the Krypt?

Man I wish I could get a good look at him. After he crosses the screen it creates a shadow spike like Noob's attack in the tower...but it still doesn't explain why he's called "Secret". Hmm

Maybe Reptile lives in MK11.

Has anyone completed everything yet?

That'd be cool if Reptile unlocked if you got all trophies in the game!!

Wait...the damage hitting buttons during Fatal Blows is something normally or just for TOT power ups?

@HellblazerHawkman The symbols seem to change as well. The defense symbol is a shield, a shield with an aura and a shield with bars in its sides (up, left and right). I mash the buttons and they show up randomly so I don't know the exact requirement.

I couldn't see different symbols in the offensive one but if there's 3 for the defense it must have 3 for the offensive too.

Maybe they mean "low/medium/high defense/attack"?

@HellblazerHawkman The symbols seem to change as well. The defense symbol is a shield, a shield with an aura and a shield with bars in its sides (up, left and right). I mash the buttons and they show up randomly so I don't know the exact requirement.

I couldn't see different symbols in the offensive one but if there's 3 for the defense it must have 3 for the offensive too.

Maybe they mean "low/medium/high defense/attack"?
So a Red Skull is increased damage, meaning you did the input at the right time. A cracked red skull means you did it wrong so its base damage. A Shield means you get extra defense for that part of the Fatal Blow and a cracked one means you did it wrong.