What's new

Easiest / Most Difficult Characters to Learn

Easiest: Cyromancer Sub-Zero, Scorpion excluding Hellfire, Bojitsu Kung-Jin, Slasher - Jason, Master of Souls Ermac and War God Kotal Kahn.

Hardest: Swarm Queen D'Vorah, Spec Ops Cassie Cage, Marksman Erron Black and Hat Trick Kung Lao.
Add a-list Johnny and special forces Sonya to the hardest list

Schuyler

Noob
Its hard to actually be a good erron black. I actually see sonic fox go for b2 after he launches them instead of risking the neutral jump punch.

ExoticAbuse

★Two Hands★
Its hard to actually be a good erron black. I actually see sonic fox go for b2 after he launches them instead of risking the neutral jump punch.
I agree, I've been trying to learn Markman and Outlaw on and off since release and I just can't seem to get a good feel of the character.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What character/variation is the easiest grappler in the game?
There aren't many true grapplers in this game to be honest.

Sun God Kotal comes to mind. There's also goro (who actually isn't as bad as people make him out to be) and brawler Cassie (but you might as well pick hollywood if you're gonna go Cassie).

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Easy

Scorpion
Subzero grandmaster
Lui Kang flame fist
Kung Lao tempest

Hard

Reptile
D'vorah
Johnny cage stunt double

Just off the top of my head.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Easiest = Kung Jin, Jason, Shinnok. All simple and self explanatory.

Hardest = Jacqui, because her inputs are mind-gratingly tight; Demo Sonya because of timing grenade reloads; and the hardest has to go to Dualist Liu because i still have no idea what that character is trying to accomplish with all his crazy necessities.

-Blinky-

The Cyber Initiative
Easiest: Venomous
Inferno
Flame Fist
Tempest
Kobu Jutsu
Bone Shaper

Hardest: Dualist
Hat Trick
Jason
Warrior
High Tech
A-List
Dragon Fire

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Spec Ops is only any type of hard because of how much it relies on reads and guess work.
I find Spec Ops quite hard to play well, not because of the reads or guess work (which are definitely part of it) but because of trying to couple cassie's pressure with missile confirms. Making sure that if the missile misses you're not a sitting duck, but at the same time, don't commit to anything that will make you whiff if the missile hits. I find that pretty hard to do and why I'd say she's pretty difficult.

That might just be me though.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Oh Yeah... and for me

Easiest

1 Raiden
2 Liu Kang
3 Kano
4 Erron Black
5 Kitana (though I'm used to playing her every game)
It's depend of variations, for low tier chars you always need to give more efforts to be at the same lvl as top tiers, etc, etc,. You said Kano is one of easiest so maybe cybernetic isn't hard but believe me to be a good cutthroat or commando you need a lot of practice, maybe to do combos is easy it isn't same life to beat top tiers at all, if you're not braindead, you will be able to do all chars combos easy enougth in 1hour but most important thing it's to feel your char in a real match and move well, punish, react, especially mind games

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
easiest is bojutsu KJ, hands down.

10 mins in the lab with him, got 35% meterless off of 111, b14 and f24, and 30% off of s2 7f frame punish... all of the combos were really easy

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I find Spec Ops quite hard to play well, not because of the reads or guess work (which are definitely part of it) but because of trying to couple cassie's pressure with missile confirms. Making sure that if the missile misses you're not a sitting duck, but at the same time, don't commit to anything that will make you whiff if the missile hits. I find that pretty hard to do and why I'd say she's pretty difficult.

That might just be me though.

I've known people to be a bit antsy when playing Spec Ops. The thing is that if you've got a missile setup going then on block you're plus and on his any random missile strike can lead to full combo thanks to stand 1. You shouldn't be throwing out rockets where you're in a situation where you're a sitting duck unless you've gotten to your opponent and made them not want to come in. I usually go full screen rocket->gun shot->close rocket because people don't want to deal with Spec Ops long range and wanna punish a bad rocket call. Doing a close rocket full screen keeps me safe and if they hit me then more often than not they're trading with rocket which is a 20 percent combo and full screen for me again.

I wouldn't say Spec Ops is hard, it's just more work than some of the easier variations. It's all risk/reward.

Tweedy

Noob
Easy

Scorpion
Subzero grandmaster
Lui Kang flame fist
Kung Lao tempest

Hard

Reptile
D'vorah
Johnny cage stunt double

Just off the top of my head.
How is Kung Lao among the easiest? Imo he's EASILY the most difficult non cancel character.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Easiest - Shinnok, War God Kotal Kahn, Cutthroat Kano, Master of Souls Ermac

Hardest: Cybernetic/Commando Kano, Blood God Kotal, Special Forces Sonya, Wrestler Jax, Spectral Ermac, Dragon Naginata Tanya, Dragon's Fire/Dualist Liu Kang, Sorcerer Quan Chi (This one because I just began to play with him) lol

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Easiest - Shinnok, War God Kotal Kahn, Cutthroat Kano, Master of Souls Ermac

Hardest: Cybernetic/Commando Kano, Blood God Kotal, Special Forces Sonya, Wrestler Jax, Spectral Ermac, Dragon Naginata Tanya, Dragon's Fire/Dualist Liu Kang, Sorcerer Quan Chi (This one because I just began to play with him) lol
I have to disagree with your Kano difficulty assessment. Cyber is much easier to learn than Cutthroat IMO. I think most Kano mains or even casual players of him would agree.

oaoo94

I have to disagree with your Kano difficulty assessment. Cyber is much easier to learn than Cutthroat IMO. I think most Kano mains or even casual players of him would agree.
I used to be a Kano main and to ME Cutthroat was much easier to learn. finding the neutral. finding combos, finding ways to open people up. I learned everything in a matter of hours.

With Cyber you need to deal with the fact you have no overhead so opening people up would not be as easy, in order to get at least 40% you need to have some sort of degree of execution. Unlike Cutthroat where derp I just got 40%cuzicanbuffup. and Mid Knives can only get you so far if you're zoning some body. You also need to get used to stagger and play footsies very well to be good with Cyber.

But hey this is my opinion. You may have found Cutthroat is harder than Cyber. I ain't hating.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I used to be a Kano main and to ME Cutthroat was much easier to learn. finding the neutral. finding combos, finding ways to open people up. I learned everything in a matter of hours.

With Cyber you need to deal with the fact you have no overhead so opening people up would not be as easy, in order to get at least 40% you need to have some sort of degree of execution. Unlike Cutthroat where derp I just got 40%cuzicanbuffup. and Mid Knives can only get you so far if you're zoning some body. You also need to get used to stagger and play footsies very well to be good with Cyber.

But hey this is my opinion. You may have found Cutthroat is harder than Cyber. I ain't hating.
Fair. But I was of the impression that the thread was speaking to raw execution barriers. Which Cutthroat is arguably harder on the run cancels alone and not having b1. You mentioned things that are talking about how difficult they are to win with due to the differences in variation (and likely play style). Also with Cyber that big damage is highly situational, that's not what it's about. I'm also not hating. Just wanted to reply.

oaoo94

Fair. But I was of the impression that the thread was speaking to raw execution barriers. Which Cutthroat is arguably harder on the run cancels alone and not having b1. You mentioned things that are talking about how difficult they are to win with due to the differences in variation (and likely play style). Also with Cyber that big damage is highly situational, that's not what it's about. I'm also not hating. Just wanted to reply.
Well everything falls into place when learning a character. Execution is only one part of learning a character. You need to Understand what you're doing and how you're going to do it. I can watch a Jax player not do a single Run Cancel and still win. Why? because he understands his character inside and out. That's when you truly learn a character

And yes they need inject B1 with steroids bruh. Jesus that B1 is ass lol.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
How is Kung Lao among the easiest? Imo he's EASILY the most difficult non cancel character.
He's one of the most common and not just amongst pros which tells you that like Tanya he has a low barrier of entry. He has no losing matchups, great antiair, his bnb jails into a free fifty fifty and that's his whole strategy as a character. He has a teleport to evade projectile pressure and his damage is above average. He has solid armor as well as almost free pressure with his or bitting hat. Easy armor breaks that happen naturally with his bnb and he isnt as negative as other characters.