What's new

Tech - Demolition Easier way to do negative edge reload

jmt

Noob
So I switched to stick awhile ago because doing the NE reload stuff is so easy on stick.

I was playing on pad the other night and just realized I like it better for mkx. So I decided to try and get the NE stuff on pad even though it's way harder because you have to hold 1 and then try to hit 4 without mashing other buttons and it just feels awkward. Well I found an easier way to do it. Instead of hitting 4 after the 3rd grenade you hit 3. Check it out.

Nice, I told another member that holding 1 while then having to press 4 was extremely difficult for me, not only is it awkward but unless your fingers are the size of a needle in width then it's hard.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
Nice, I told another member that holding 1 while then having to press 4 was extremely difficult for me, not only is it awkward but unless your fingers are the size of a needle in width then it's hard.
I don't even have big hands and it's hard for me. This way is so simple because you are already holding down 1 with your thumb and then you just push your thumb down a little bit more to hit 3.

I don't even have big hands and it's hard for me. This way is so simple because you are already holding down 1 with your thumb and then you just push your thumb down a little bit more to hit 3.
Yea much much easier. Also there's ways to reload without NE right? Because online I believe you can't configure your control back if you want to switch characters.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im still on the fence abouttrying sonya because of negative edge but, this seems like it'll help, though i still don't quite get it xD

jmt

Noob
Yea much much easier. Also there's ways to reload without NE right? Because online I believe you can't configure your control back if you want to switch characters.
Yes there is away without NE, but it's limited. You can't use it in all the situations that you can use with NE.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Thanks for this.

im still on the fence abouttrying sonya because of negative edge but, this seems like it'll help, though i still don't quite get it xD
Personally, I never turn NE on for Demo. I always prefer to do the non-NE version in the corner because I might switch to CO and you can't play that variation with NE on. :(

Reactions: jmt

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't switch to NE for Demo, but it's more optimal to. You can do the non-NE reload stuff (at least in the corner) pretty consistently off of her 50/50 options.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Personally, I play on pad but i position my fingers differently.

Block: L2
Throw: L1

I have my pointer finger over 1, and my middle finger over 2. Allows me greater flexibility on either holding buttons, or inputting multiple button commands. think of how you would hold your fingers over arcade buttons

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
So I switched to stick awhile ago because doing the NE reload stuff is so easy on stick.

I was playing on pad the other night and just realized I like it better for mkx. So I decided to try and get the NE stuff on pad even though it's way harder because you have to hold 1 and then try to hit 4 without mashing other buttons and it just feels awkward. Well I found an easier way to do it. Instead of hitting 4 after the 3rd grenade you hit 3. Check it out.

Just hold your controller right claw

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman

Or just have the tip of your thumb on 1 and then you barely even hit 3

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I still cannot do this. I have been trying for about 8+ hours now and I can't get a normal to come out in time after the third grenade. I dont understand.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I just do it with 4, but I think it's easier for me because my buttons have a different config. 1 is X and 4 is triangle. I press X with my thumb and triangle with my pointer finger.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I figured it out. After the nip i was manually detonating the bomb instead of using the third bombs input to detonate it. This was difficult to learn. Now I gotta figure out setups loll.