What's new

Earthrealm's Protector skin for Raiden

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Does anyone have the Earthrealm's Protector skin for Raiden (the one he wears in Story mode) and if so, where did you find it? Several people on gamefaqs claim to have found it in a Soul Vault in the Krypt, after restocking it, with one person saying they found it in the lava area, in Goro's Lair, where the Dragon's Amulet is located. I cleared all Soul Vaults and i've already restocked them three times, but still no luck.

I found it at the deadwoods refilling and unlocking one of the soul vaults there.
Remember: If you have the "god of thunder skin" just press start when selecting the variation at the select screen and you'll be able to use that costume as well.

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I found it at the deadwoods refilling and unlocking one of the soul vaults there.
Remember: If you have the "god of thunder skin" just press start when selecting the variation at the select screen and you'll be able to use that costume as well.
Yep, I know. I have The God of Thunder one and i press start all the time. I just want to have the real skin. And it is a beautiful one, for sure. I actually think it resembles his MKDA costume more than any other because that trench coat resembles his cape somewhat.

I really wish they would give us all of his costumes from all previous games. With enough room for 60 skins, the vast majority of which frankly look gaudy and distasteful, i'd rather have 10 skins that are exact copies of costumes from previous games and then another 50, which can be whatever. Like right now I only care about three skins, Classic Kombatant, Mythologies, and Earthrealm's Protector.

Last edited:
Yep, I know. I have The God of Thunder one and i press start all the time. I just want to have the real skin. And it is a beautiful one, for sure. I actually think it resembles his MKDA costume more than any other because that trench coat resembles his cape somewhat.

I really wish they would give all of his costumes from all previous games. With enough room for 60 skins, the vast majority of which frankly look gaudy and distasteful, i'd rather have 10 skins that are exact copies of costumes from previous games and then another 50, which can be whatever. Like right now I only care about three skins, Classic Kombatant, Mythologies, and Earthrealm's Protector.
He does not have 60 skins. Actually he has 4 or 5, and the other ones are the same with different colors.
Some extremely good....some bad af.

I would like to see his costumes from mkx, mk2 ( although there are plenty of costumes that resemble this one) and DA.....but man
..Raiden is well served.

At this point regarding costumes i want to see mk3 ninja costumes for males and females, and skins dor Kung lao. He is the only classic char that is missing good costumes.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
He does not have 60 skins. Actually he has 4 or 5, and the other ones are the same with different colors.
Some extremely good....some bad af.

I would like to see his costumes from mkx, mk2 ( although there are plenty of costumes that resemble this one) and DA.....but man
..Raiden is well served.

At this point regarding costumes i want to see mk3 ninja costumes for males and females, and skins dor Kung lao. He is the only classic char that is missing good costumes.
Fair enough. Be it under Midway, WB Games, or NetherRealm Studios, the MK team's palette swapping ways kontinue. If you thought UMK3 and MKT were bad in that regard, you were not wrong, but man, they got nothing on MK11 with its palette swapping extravaganza.

In addition to what we have, I would love to see Raiden's MKII costume, primary and secondary costumes from MKDA, primary and secondary from MKD, and primary and Future ones from MKX.

MK3 ninja costumes would be great too, as well as classic Kung Lao ones. I agree.

Either that or just give us a Soul Calibur style custom character creation tool and let us make our own costumes.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Brazilian sheep: He does have 60+ everyone does but they consider color swaps of like 5 or 6 different outfits a "costume or skin" Raiden has some sweet skins.

Does anyone have the Earthrealm's Protector skin for Raiden (the one he wears in Story mode) and if so, where did you find it? Several people on gamefaqs claim to have found it in a Soul Vault in the Krypt, after restocking it, with one person saying they found it in the lava area, in Goro's Lair, where the Dragon's Amulet is located. I cleared all Soul Vaults and i've already restocked them three times, but still no luck.
I have it, got it somewhere in the krypt either an invisible chest or at the shrine. I dont have the mythology skin though but I do have the alternate where if you hit start you get the mythology skin. I read supposedly the mythology skin and the young justice liu kang among others are si.ply not attainable as nobody has them. Even though they're supposed to be in the krypt. Hopefully nrs addresses this.

Brazilian sheep: He does have 60+ everyone does but they consider color swaps of like 5 or 6 different outfits a "costume or skin" Raiden has some sweet skins.

I have it, got it somewhere in the krypt either an invisible chest or at the shrine. I dont have the mythology skin though but I do have the alternate where if you hit start you get the mythology skin. I read supposedly the mythology skin and the young justice liu kang among others are si.ply not attainable as nobody has them. Even though they're supposed to be in the krypt. Hopefully nrs addresses this.
These two skins thay you quoted are not attainable yet....which is fucked up. But I press start using other ones and that's it...same result.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
These two skins thay you quoted are not attainable yet....which is fucked up. But I press start using other ones and that's it...same result.
Yeah, same lol. Though I don't know which alternate outfit for LK gives you Young Justice, do you know which skin exactly? It's one of the ones shirtless with the pants, bruce lee shoes I just don't know which one or if I even have it. Someone told me it's the story one you hit start but that is false(the one with the vest will just give him red pants, red vest) which is also a skin easier to get.

The Raiden Mythology skin yeah I have that alternate, so I just hit start to give me the MKM ones

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I FINALLY FOUND IT! I was on my N-th reset of the krypt, just grinding away today, i opened a soul vault in the small Kytinn Hive by the Mountain Pass, and lo and behold, there it was. At first i couldn't believe it, i was so surprised that i actually found it after all this time. After a moment or two though, i was as stocked as i've only been a few times before while finding hard to obtain items in games (the Danjuro dagger in FInal Fantasy XII comes to mind).

Feast your eyes on the awesomeness that is the Earthrealm's Protector skin:

I FINALLY FOUND IT! I was on my N-th reset of the krypt, just grinding away today, i opened a soul vault in the small Kytinn Hive by the Mountain Pass, and lo and behold, there it was. At first i couldn't believe it, i was so surprised that i actually found it after all this time. After a moment or two though, i was as stocked as i've only been a few times before while finding hard to obtain items in games (the Danjuro dagger in FInal Fantasy XII comes to mind).

Feast your eyes on the awesomeness that is the Earthrealm's Protector skin:
View attachment 15476

View attachment 15477
Congrats man. Glad you made it.