What's new

Early Look at MK11 Kollector's Edition Steelcase

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Mortal Kombat 11 is set to be the 11th entry in the Mortal Kombat series. And after 11 Mortal Kombat games, most of us have been asking "man, where are all of the cool steel-book cases?". Well my friends, Novobox Collectibles, the industry name in high-quality cases, put out a video showing off the case for the Kollector's Edition of the game.

So if you saw the image from the reveal, I'm sure you might have been saying "I don't get the big deal about a magnet". Apparently, this magnet is a built in feature for the steel-book, with a little slot inside to keep it safe, or a spot on the outside where you can stick it to the case to make it really pop. It might not be the thing that convinces you to spend the $300, but it's definitely neat to check out.

Just to clarify, this is the Kollector's Edition specific steel-book case. The one for the Premium Edition doesn't have the magnet, but is presumably close to what you are seeing here. So yeah, go scope out this vid:

*UPDATED WITH PREMIUM EDITION CASE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=PuTGpB3rRlU

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Yet again I can't understand why $300 with this CE. On the perspective of the buyer, this is just too extreme to just pay $300 just for a mask and a magnet steelbook with the game in. No artbook? No mini-goodies? Like...what?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Yet again I can't understand why $300 with this CE. On the perspective of the buyer, this is just too extreme to just pay $300 just for a mask and a magnet steelbook with the game in. No artbook? No mini-goodies? Like...what?
To be fair, it's the premium edition of the game. So that's all the DLC too

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'll buy it once they add $300 worth of things to it. Like more exclusive to the lore or exclusive in-game cosmetics or codes to previous games that may be in game or whatever.

From what I've seen so far I'm not spending $300 on a head. Even though it'll look cool on the dash of my rig:cool:

To be fair, it's the premium edition of the game. So that's all the DLC too
Has this been confirmed though? Is it all the DLC, or is it just the first pack of DLC? If it is indeed all of the DLC then the price for these Premium and Kollector's editions start to make much more sense. What has NRS said about this? If it's only the first set of DLC (in other words just Kombat Pack 1) then I have a major issue with the pricing for the Premium and Kollector's editions of MK11.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Has this been confirmed though? Is it all the DLC, or is it just the first pack of DLC? If it is indeed all of the DLC then the price for these Premium and Kollector's editions start to make much more sense. What has NRS said about this? If it's only the first set of DLC (in other words just Kombat Pack 1) then I have a major issue with the pricing for the Premium and Kollector's editions of MK11.
Define "major issue." It's an exclusive luxury item. If you cant afford it, just don't get it.

Define "major issue." It's an exclusive luxury item. If you cant afford it, just don't get it.
If one Kombat Pack costs $40, and if there are going to be two Kombat Packs, then that means that both Kombat Packs together will cost more than the base game. Unless both Kombat Packs together add an additional 50GB of content $40 for one Kombat Pack seems overpriced to me. Especially if you look at other games, such as Dead Or Alive 6, which adds something like 4 extra characters and 25 extra character outfits at a lower price than MK11. And other games that include season passes which adds a lot of content at a lower price than what they're asking for the special editions of MK11. Look at any special edition of most new games coming out now or ones that have just come out and you will see MK11 is more expensive then all of them. The difference between the Standard Edition and Premium Edition of MK11 is $40. More than half the price of the entire game. Either that Kombat Pack covers all of the game's DLC, or if it doesn't then it better be filled with stuff for that price.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
If one Kombat Pack costs $40, and if there are going to be two Kombat Packs, then that means that both Kombat Packs together will cost more than the base game.
I should have been clearer, I was referring specifically to your comments about the Kollector's Edition.

As for whether the KPs are overpriced, that's gonna depend entirely on what games you compare it to. It appears to be much better value than SFV/MVCI/DBFZ season passes for example. But I assume the Premium Edition will cover both KPs which would make it even better value.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's cooler than I thought I admit, but I still feel NRS should have went with that awesome invitational coin over the magnet(that people are selling from like 100-500 bucks on ebay) I got a few already for better deals thankfully for my kollection. I'll probably get the KE because it's MK, but I do agree with most that the 300 bucks is a bit steep for what you get, you should get more for that price imo. I say this as not just a consumer but loyal MK fan who's bought every KE since they've had them. The DLC, season pass is definitely worth that price of the 40 plus the free Shao Kahn for just preordering but the rest totalling 300 I think that's what's irking people.

Figure the game is 60. Magnet and case can't be worth more than 20-30 bucks, mask let's say 100 bucks that alone around 200 buck range, plus the season pass another 40 so 240-250 range. Just seems like I should be getting more for an extra 50 bucks.

What's interesting is the London invitational coin does come with a bookcase, the American version just a pouch. They got an extra coin, pouch to put it in, MK 11 duffel bag and an sands of time egg timer the one inspired by Kronika's.

Last edited:

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I wanted to get it (if only to support NRS), but my location sold out quickly and I was too slow. :(

Oh well, I still have the Premium Edition to look forward to ^^

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
All this stuff is cool, but for $300, I'd be more likely to just upgrade to the PS4 Pro or the One X. Way too much money for basically just a mask statue that will collect dust on my shelf.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
All this stuff is cool, but for $300, I'd be more likely to just upgrade to the PS4 Pro or the One X. Way too much money for basically just a mask statue that will collect dust on my shelf.
No, not just a mask, you will get a big black Scorpion head without any face or eye detail. Just a big black head.