What's new

D'Vorah Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Fucking good.

I was always disappointed with how afraid they were of making truly monstrous female characters like they did with males. They were always

just gives the females more variety to have some of them look like complete horror shows

In MKX I thought she looked good for a weird bug lady, but now she makes my dick want to crawl inside my body out of fear, and that’s awesome.

I do hope she gets some clothes though. I feel like if this was her initial design it wouldn’t feel as weird, but the fact that she used have clothes but now doesn’t makes her seem especially naked.
I kinda agree and kinda don’t. Like, my first impression was, nothing wrong with a monstrous unattractive character, and few fit the bill better than her. But then I remembered that she was animated as a very sassy lady in MKX’s story mode. Sassy and monstrous is a... very odd combination. Not seeing how it comes together yet without totally retconning her character.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I kinda agree and kinda don’t. Like, my first impression was, nothing wrong with a monstrous unattractive character, and few fit the bill better than her. But then I remembered that she was animated as a very sassy lady in MKX’s story mode. Sassy and monstrous is a... very odd combination. Not seeing how it comes together yet without totally retconning her character.
I don’t see how being a hideous monster makes you unable to be highly opiniated.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Y'all really calling a bug woman a butterface? That just goes to show some of y'all really be jackin off to these pixels because who the fuck looks at a bug woman who's meant to look monstrous and scary and says "....She should look like a model."

Y'all never gonna get laid ew lmfao. D'Vorah I'm so sorry they trying to get off to you, you deserve so much better. NRS female faces are looking better than ever before, and we haven't even seen a female character who conventionally is gorgeous. Save the 'butterface' comments for Kitana or Jade. Characters who are meant to look pretty. Nasty asses.

I hope she kills your favs in the story again. Bad bitch tingz.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I don’t see how being a hideous monster makes you unable to be highly opiniated.
Of course she can still be opinionated, but the question is at what point does an appearance change so much that it's basically a retcon, because it changes your entire perception of the character.

MKX D'Vorah was totally rocking a haughty, regal "I'm too hot for this shit" bitch vibe. Between her animations, her black lipstick, her necklace, and literally having biological high heels, you can't tell me it wasn't all creating a certain impression. With her new appearance, I'm not seeing how she pulls that off. She looks more ready to crouch down on all fours and pouce than to walk around like she owns the fucking royal palace.

I'm not saying I hate this redesign. I'm keeping an open mind. Maybe after the disaster that was Shinnok's defeat, she canonically devolves into some kind of bestial form and goes into survival mode. I dunno. I'm just not seeing how this design makes sense with the scenes she had in MKX.

Noooooo waste of character space.... my worst character from mkx

On that note her redesign looks pretty cool. Almost android like. Congrats to those who are happy I guess...

So pretty much confirmed that she's the next kombat cast since they kept eluding to a 'her' for the next episode

I'm optimistic about her. I'm curious to what her 3 changeable gear pieces are. Any thoughts?

-Maybe her crazy long ass bug legs
-Her head (not face but maybe different types of hair/hoods/masks?)
-And then maybe her bug friends that are flying around her. They become more effective tools in combat for defense and possible zoning. Maybe several different types of bug cosmetics hahaha.

xXRagingFlameXx

Noooooo waste of character space.... my worst character from mkx

On that note her redesign looks pretty cool. Almost android like. Congrats to those who are happy I guess...

So pretty much confirmed that she's the next kombat cast since they kept eluding to a 'her' for the next episode
They confirmed that the next Kombat Kast is not D'Vorah.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I dont know why but I'm getting a Borg Queen vibe from D'Vorah in MK 11 based off this look anyway. Looks alright. Kabal looks cooler.

Sidenote, I don't understand the bitching about her face/attraction. Umm she's not even fucking human, she's a bug race....You're not going to get Cindy Crawford in MK. lol

gitblame

Noob
Sonya is about 50 year old. All her life in military. Had a child. -> People complain about her face being not cute
Dvorah is a evil bug monster -> People complain she looks hideous.

Being a profesional Mortal Kombat meat beater must be hard these days.

Aramonde

Noob
I expected of the new MKX characters we'd get Cassie, one more Kombat kid, Erron and Kotal. I think we're just gonna have to come to terms that we'll MAYBE get one 3D era character(that's including the ones we usually see like Kenshi or Quan)

This roster is gonna be mk9 characters + mkx newbies.

xXRagingFlameXx

Can I be honest? I don't see Erron coming back so idk if you should get your hopes up for him. Kotal's a possibility and I'd love to see Kotal VS. Shao. Would be sick to see those two big ass emperors going at it.

Cassie's in and the only Kombat Kid that was popular enough to warrant a comeback was Takeda and I personally wouldn't mind him taking Kenshi's spot.

But, at this point NRS have been killing it so hard with the MK11 redesigns that no matter who gets revealed, 3D/MK9/MKX whoever, I'll be fine. I just wanna see more dope shit.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Meh not my favourite, not sure how I feel about her look yet might warm up to it. If Sheeva, Mileena and Nitara are not in then I'm happy we at least got one female monster.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don’t see D’Vorah coming back and not Kotal Kahn. I’d still imagine Takeda will come back and there’s nothing saying they won’t be DLC either

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Of course she can still be opinionated, but the question is at what point does an appearance change so much that it's basically a retcon, because it changes your entire perception of the character.

MKX D'Vorah was totally rocking a haughty, regal "I'm too hot for this shit" bitch vibe. Between her animations, her black lipstick, her necklace, and literally having biological high heels, you can't tell me it wasn't all creating a certain impression. With her new appearance, I'm not seeing how she pulls that off. She looks more ready to crouch down on all fours and pouce than to walk around like she owns the fucking royal palace.

I'm not saying I hate this redesign. I'm keeping an open mind. Maybe after the disaster that was Shinnok's defeat, she canonically devolves into some kind of bestial form and goes into survival mode. I dunno. I'm just not seeing how this design makes sense with the scenes she had in MKX.
Keep in mind that the core of D'vorah's character in mkx was deception and betrayal. In the comics, when Shao Kahn showed up at her home, she immediately bent the knee and joined the cause. Then Kotal, then Shinnok, and going by her arcade ending, she'd been planning to turn Shinnok into an immortal incubator to pump out her super babies.

My point is she has always hidden her intentions to fit into a role. Going by this redesign, I don't think she's hiding anything anymore.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
" this stupid bitch D'aborah, why is she so goddamn plus on that goddamn puddle, +22, really Paulo? really??"