What's new

Question - Gunslinger D'vorah mu discussions

How do you gunslingers deal with this match up? I seem to struggle the moment she starts her positive block pressure. (Swarm queen variation)

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
As a D'Vorah player (mostly Venomous, but I do main her) who grinds it out against an Erron more than any other character, it's really, really momentum based. While D'Vorah's pressure is really good, Erron's 50/50s answer back when you get to start your own pressure. She has 1 armored move, which is full punishable on block. Furthermore, 21122 is a high and D'Vorah's low profiling options are good (d3/d4), so I'd stick to b3/f1 (I think that's the low kick/overhead gun slap, please correct me if my inputs are wrong).

@Groove Heaven ?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
As a D'Vorah player (mostly Venomous, but I do main her) who grinds it out against an Erron more than any other character, it's really, really momentum based. While D'Vorah's pressure is really good, Erron's 50/50s answer back when you get to start your own pressure. She has 1 armored move, which is full punishable on block. Furthermore, 21122 is a high and D'Vorah's low profiling options are good (d3/d4), so I'd stick to b3/f1 (I think that's the low kick/overhead gun slap, please correct me if my inputs are wrong).

@Groove Heaven ?
You can't just throw out f1s and b3s against a competent d'vorah, both are either too slow or distance dependent. I wouldn't use them until after conditioning with other options.

I think f3 and f24 canceled into ex sg or SOS 2/3 are your best bet up close. 11 will be a pain in the ass to connect on the female hitbox, so that's fun.

zoning her out is probably the best bet but thats a tough ask, puddle seemingly trades with everything.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
How do you gunslingers deal with this match up? I seem to struggle the moment she starts her positive block pressure. (Swarm queen variation)
I just pick a different character vs most females, because F1,3 into DB4 whiffs on most female hitboxes in the corner as Gunslinger.

Noob
Use 21122 carefully against d'vorah, good players will just low poke you out of it most of the time.
Whenever your opponent cancels a move which doesn't guaranteed the puddle on block, sand trap them. Great damage, leaves you plus and makes your opponent think twice of using gimmick puddle cancels :)
Zoning is tough with the damn puddle and bug toss so what I do is wait for the perfect chance, make them think im going to keep challenging the puddle and BAM I catch em with the F4 LOL, love it haha xD. Safe too now!!
I usually never respect D'Vorah on her wakeup, best she can do is waste a bar of meter for a small 10-13% damage...well unless im about to die. With the lack of respect you can try predicting the armored wake up and mix it up with overhead jump in punch and get a full combo punish.
D'Vorah is also one of those characters where I will abuse the crap out of stance 3.
If your opponent isn't self, rush em down when their stamina meter is depleted.

I played @TopTierHarley D'Vorah quite a bit with my Erron so maybe he can help you out with the match up.