What's new

D'Vorah Matchup Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I imagine this is a waste of time since there are like 4 D'Vorah players, but I figured we could use a thread to talk about her matchups. So discuss below!

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Since I just finished getting wrecked by Shang for the last hour, I gotta go ahead and say he absolutely shits on D'Vorah from every distance. She has to fight so hard to get within range to do anything, and her reward for it is maybe a 9% f13~db4 or 19% f13~db1(amp)-4~df3. As soon as he blocks her correctly, it's his turn at best, or she eats a 35% kombo at worst. She absolutely can't use non-amp db4. She can't out-zone. His normals straight up beat her whether she is grounded or in the air. This is one of those "put down your controller" matches that's not even worth labbing until both characters get patched. Holy shit.

Skarlet is in a similar position, though it's not quite as bad as Shang. It's still dumb that she has better normals, better zoning, and better damage than D'Vorah, but it's at least possible for D'Vorah to contest her. Her kicks (f34 and 44) and b1(?), the mid-hitting vertical whip strike, are a wall that D'Vorah has to constantly try to get around, while trying to avoid all of Skarlet's projectiles. And as a running theme in this post, once D'Vorah does manage to get past all that nonsense, great, she gets a throw, or a d2, or a max of some 19% kombo that puts her away from Skarlet, forcing her to get past all that nonsense again.

I was going to continue, but this is seriously making me depressed. This character is trash.

Sonzai

Noob
Probably isn't much but i found this out today
Vs Lui Kang his F2,3,U3 string can be interrupted just after blocking the 3th attack with 1,2,1+3 for an easy crushing blow
You can also reversal DB4 to get the hitadvantage
Vs Lui Kang players that like to throw a parry after F2,3 you can reversal the swarm attack (BF4) to counter both the parry and the string
reversal swarm does get beaten by a low fireball so sadly not all options are covered

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Her biggest issue is damage. She simply has to work harder than any other character to close out a set. I can open up an opponent 3 or 4 times, but then make one wrong guess or have one unsafe move blocked, and now the opponent has the life lead. Due to her damage issue, I'd have to say no, she has no winning matchups.

Kotal and Kano can unload massive damage on her. Her lack of a decent mid can make it tough to not get bulldozed. She can make things tricky for Scorpion, but if the Scorpion player knows the matchup, he can just play lame. Unless D'Vorah can score an early life-lead, Scorpion can just stay full screen and punish anything she tries to do with teleport into 25% kombos. Again, even if she opens him up 3 times, it just takes 1 successful teleport kombo to catch back up.