What's new

D'Vorah Kombat Kast Recap. Gameplay Thoughts/Analysis

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
1: Bug Crawl string is back and it appears to be two lows in a row, the first of which has some silly range.
2: F224 is back and seems to be exactly the same. I forget if they said if F2 was going to be an overhead (like pre-nerf MKX D'Vorah) or mid. Edit: it's a mid
3: She's got access to a wide array of EXTREMELY different moves to the point where I have no idea how they're going to craft the competitive variations.
4: They did a fantastic job of making her menacing, unnerving, and monstrous. I love it.

Her base moves appear to be as follows: Ovipositor Charge, Anti-air Grab, Projectile, Call Bugs, Puddle, Spray.

Ignoring variation selections, she has access to a mediocre projectile that applies bugs, a super fast combo-ending restand that applies bugs (Edit: if amplified), an unblockable source of damage (should she have bugs applied), another anti-air ability on top of her crazy D2, a natural ground-based low that turns into a near-instant combo starter if amplified, and a generic damage cash out move. I think she's shaping up to be a rather exciting character to figure out all the nuances of.

Last edited:

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I'm so, so happy to have Widow's Kiss, both from a gameplay and aesthetic standpoint. Normals are looking good especially that low and F2, stealing rounds w/ bugs is gonna be great, can't wait to see the full variety of bugs she has. I think she's the first character to actually make me truly upset that she'll be limited by preset variations, but I'm already sold on her base kit so I'll make do.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
very impressed with her, a major updated on her visual, gameset , everything .... she looks fuckig damn good !

I confess that in MKX, took a long time to me to like D'vorah, at the first, she look Meh, almot mediocre average .... but after some time, and watching HoneyBee playing her at high level, I thought she was a very cool character. ;)

Now, with this incredible gameplay, I'm fan ! And that 2nd skin, kinda alien androgynius, just it's fantastic. :D

Her fatality is pretty cool, but not that over the top gross as was promoted, but, still very good one !

Samsara

Resident Cynic
And can we talk about how everything about her looks well polished and designed. No moves feel 'tacked on', no cheap looking fx, a variety of playstyles are encouraged because her variation moves are all over the spectrum from projectiles, to mixup tools, to combos, etc.

We should feel lucky. Some characters didn't get so lucky.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The only thing I think was better in MKX was her X-Ray. It was gross and brutal. Her Fatal Blow seemed a bit restrained in that regard.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
And can we talk about how everything about her looks well polished and designed. No moves feel 'tacked on', no cheap looking fx, a variety of playstyles are encouraged because her variation moves are all over the spectrum from projectiles, to mixup tools, to combos, etc.

We should feel lucky. Some characters didn't get so lucky.
I can't help but agree. Every single move they showed today felt natural for this crazy murderous bug lady to do. On top of that, she's going to have access to multiple drastically different game plans via trap setups, 50/50s, or midrange footsies. Personally, I want to see what kind of screen control shenanigans she can pull off with her various traps and long-range normals.

I'm so damn excited for the 23rd. Eleven days is too long.

>"Pooping Bug"

Well, they're going to have to fix that ability -- either by increasing range, decreasing the time the "poop" is expelled from the rectum, OR (ideally) by allowing the player to control its "bowl evacuation" (augmented by allowing it to remain in play much longer).

For, as it stands, it's too slow to activate and its range is piddling -- a.k.a. too gimmicky... And a gimmick that makes Poison Ivy's "spewing cactus" choke in its green bile with laughter!

xiskza

Underworld
She looks incredible! Probably the best MKX newcomer and I'm glad they did her even better with MK11. I found her way more appealing than Kitana's redesign

>"Pooping Bug"

Well, they're going to have to fix that ability -- either by increasing range, decreasing the time the "poop" is expelled from the rectum, OR (ideally) by allowing the player to control its "bowl evacuation" (augmented by allowing it to remain in play much longer).

For, as it stands, it's too slow to activate and its range is piddling -- a.k.a. too gimmicky... And a gimmick that makes Poison Ivy's "spewing cactus" choke in its green bile with laughter!
Imagine if she stung people on the butt.

MR.EVL

I am you
She looks insane. she was never my main but I am def going to give her a shot since they have added a lot of setup elements to her gameplan and that's 100% MY JAM!!!

Was wondering tho...Is it the VA from MKX?