What's new

D'vorah General Discussion

Nobody asked but her buzzed f22d1+3 and f22u1+3 now do 31% and 32% as KB's respectively and including DoT. Still insanely hard to get in an actual match.

A further note on Sheeva tele-stomp: most of the roster can avoid all the timings if they dash when Sheeva leaves the screen and then just keep walking.

Sometimes this depends on walk direction though, as for D'vorah it doesn't work with forwards walk, just backwards. Which matters vs Sheeva v1, which can change the stomp landing direction.

man its frustrating to play her some times. people can mash down pokes on everything since she relies on all these highs, and i'd say she has the most pitiful and arduous time getting in on zoners. and we don't really do that much damage in return when we do get in

Raider

Noob
man its frustrating to play her some times. people can mash down pokes on everything since she relies on all these highs, and i'd say she has the most pitiful and arduous time getting in on zoners. and we don't really do that much damage in return when we do get in
Against zoners, use her V2 and try to punish them with Widow's Kiss.
She really lacks the damage if you are not doing combos, and i also hate her projectile, it's so bad and slow.

The best D'Vorah players I see quickly establish the F4 Overhead / Throw game to stop people ducking by default. SonicFox will f4 three times in a row if people keep ducking.

Zviko

Noob
It's also easy to jail with D'Vorah. D3 and DB4 jail into 12 very easily and after some practice you shouldn't have a problem jailing into 21 either which gets you a full combo in Arachnophobia.

Raider

Noob
I got my first ever Flawless today in MK11 (that is not Quitality) and it was with D'Vorah and in the Kombat League. I was shook! It was against not so bad Sindel. Chances of me getting D'Vorah Flawless ever again are probably 0.01%. :eek:

I got my first ever Flawless today in MK11 (that is not Quitality) and it was with D'Vorah and in the Kombat League. I was shook! It was against not so bad Sindel. Chances of me getting D'Vorah Flawless ever again are probably 0.01%. :eek:

what wings are those????

Hi all, just chiming in as a new D'vorah main. My KL history is pretty much getting carried by erron and h into Demi and God and after a year, I've gotten pretty bored of it and especially bored of relying on pokes to start my offense. I wanted a long range whiff punisher specifically because I can't believe the dumb shit I see from other players that they get away with.

I've spent a week or two palling around in Kompetitive Kasual and just love Arachnophobia. It is still a work in progress big time obviously but I'm committing to swallowing my ego and going 100% this upcoming season. I know we dont get a ton of traffic but for anyone passing by, I really have to say this character is a huge breath of fresh air and can play footsies with anyone. The 'reliant on highs' thing is real but so is her amazing sweep/OH game and the damage, it pours. Opening people up isn't always simple but the j1 is broken which compensates big time.

My PSN is SpaceyPirateUgh if anyone wants to train, lord knows there is enough toxicity out there.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Hi all, just chiming in as a new D'vorah main. My KL history is pretty much getting carried by erron and h into Demi and God and after a year, I've gotten pretty bored of it and especially bored of relying on pokes to start my offense. I wanted a long range whiff punisher specifically because I can't believe the dumb shit I see from other players that they get away with.

I've spent a week or two palling around in Kompetitive Kasual and just love Arachnophobia. It is still a work in progress big time obviously but I'm committing to swallowing my ego and going 100% this upcoming season. I know we dont get a ton of traffic but for anyone passing by, I really have to say this character is a huge breath of fresh air and can play footsies with anyone. The 'reliant on highs' thing is real but so is her amazing sweep/OH game and the damage, it pours. Opening people up isn't always simple but the j1 is broken which compensates big time.

My PSN is SpaceyPirateUgh if anyone wants to train, lord knows there is enough toxicity out there.
This one is pleased to see another hive. Welcome to the club!

Since you're new to her, I'd suggest watching Honeybeecmndr's videos on YouTube of him in KL and fighting other pros with her. He has some great tactics to learn from if you pay attention to how he fights with Arachnophobia. He's also got amazing conversions with her.

Thanks y'all. I am definitely a honeybee watcher rn, he's a neutral god. I have checked out a dvorah subreddit and will on the discord also, never bad to have more info. I'm also going to start a petition to make 121 +2 so we can beat out more d1s.

I am having so much fun playing this character under any circumstance and will learn buzzed eventually after a few more seasons maybe. I actually think she's a buff or two away from being ridiculous. Either 12 comboing, F13 not whiffing, 2 or F1 being a mid, etc. would completely change the gameplan.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Thanks y'all. I am definitely a honeybee watcher rn, he's a neutral god. I have checked out a dvorah subreddit and will on the discord also, never bad to have more info. I'm also going to start a petition to make 121 +2 so we can beat out more d1s.

I am having so much fun playing this character under any circumstance and will learn buzzed eventually after a few more seasons maybe. I actually think she's a buff or two away from being ridiculous. Either 12 comboing, F13 not whiffing, 2 or F1 being a mid, etc. would completely change the gameplan.
Don't start applying logic and what other characters can do to D'vorah's tools and frame data. Trust me, that way lies madness. Like how D'vorah's bf4 would have to be +14 to get the same kind of pressure Cassie gets off her restand.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL

I swear every flawless I get is against Sindel lol

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Saw someone in Honeybee's comments insisting that Katipo Rush needs a build up KB (like Sub slide) to make her stagger game better. While I am 10000000% against that specific idea, I do feel D'Vorah could use another universal KB. Being limited to just D2 and Df2 KBs, with one or two added on from a variation, sucks. It extra sucks knowing only one variation can really follow up on the D2 and there's a high likelihood of never landing the df2 KB against a smart player.

So my hive friends, if you could grant D'Vorah one more KB for her base kit, what would it be? A special move that, when hit amp'd enough times, "loads up" a big ol burst? A move on counter / punish? Typical armor break KB added to Swarm? Something odd and/or unique? Gimme them juicy ideas.