What's new

D'vorah General Discussion

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I want her 12 to be able to punish something, but not a full regular combo's worth. Her s1 is 7f and reaches the farthest in the game already, I don't want to give reason to mess with that (or remove reasons to use her 21).

There has to be a middle-ground between our current 100-ish dmg 7f punish and our regular combos... so I'd make 12 xx amped Swarm hit for 200+ dmg, so we have the option (but Parasite punish KB is still an upgrade, and oh yeah, Arachno shouldn't put all bugs on them with it any more).
This is a half measure imo. Go all the way, 12~puddle. 21 is still a great gapless stagger string.

Second Saint

How? Aren't they either safe or have unsafe stuff enough for 21, F1 to work?
It allows you to micro duck for a full combo, hit confirm another of your best staggers for much highers damage, and Kotal has gaps that you can only go through with 12.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
What are you guys thinking for armor break? I would think D'vorah's will be a solid one.

F4 into launch?

BF4 restand?

what do yall do after a jump kick? it seems i literally get poked out of any attempt at a followup from my jump kick's plus frames, even if i try for something as measly as a d1

Patch out tomorrow but on today's kombat kast they said all anti-air grabs were going to be buffed so I guess that applies to DF2 as well. Extra damage on it would mean all our damage ender combos get a damage boost. Cool.

Second Saint

Patch out tomorrow but on today's kombat kast they said all anti-air grabs were going to be buffed so I guess that applies to DF2 as well. Extra damage on it would mean all our damage ender combos get a damage boost. Cool.
I doubt they'll be buffing the damage so much as the hit/hurtbox

Raider

Noob
D’Vorah - Recluse (Towards + Back Punch, Back Punch, Up + Front Punch + Front Kick) now does 90 damage (up from 80)
D’Vorah - Tsetse (Towards + Back Punch, Back Punch, Down + Front Punch + Front Kick) now does 70 damage (up from 60)
D’Vorah - Bugging Out (Towards + Back Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) now does 70 damage (up from 50)
D’Vorah - Head victim region adjusted while performing Infested
D’Vorah - Swarm and Swarm Amplify now breaks armor and recovers 5 frames faster when armor is broken
D’Vorah - Reduced the combo damage scaling on Widow's Kiss Amplify
D’Vorah - Bug Butt (Motherbug Front Kick / Back Kick) now does the correct chip damage on block
D’Vorah - Fixed visual issue with Widow's Kiss webbing persisting on victim if interrupted at specific timing
D’Vorah - Fixed minor visual issues with Ovipositors becoming misaligned at the beginning of her fatalities

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
As expected, Swarm ended up being her armor breaker. She unfortunately didn't get a new KB out of it, but I'll take the speedy hit recovery on armor break.

Overall, I'm super sad that Kreepy Krawler literally did not get touched at all. Cassie's V3 got MASSIVE buffs to be playable, yet KK is left to rot for yet another patch.

Raider

Noob
I am also disappointed with her buffs. Zero frame data changes. She deserved more, but sure NRS chooses to ignore her...

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
At least we don't have to change our gameplay much (ecspeccially Arachnophobia) because we already use anti-breakaway combos w swarm.

And Arachnophobia also is going to do even more damage.

Overall, I'm super sad that Kreepy Krawler literally did not get touched at all. Cassie's V3 got MASSIVE buffs to be playable, yet KK is left to rot for yet another patch.
Damn shame because I actually main that variation alongside Archnophobia.

I'd like to test the f22 1+3 enders to see if they really have no hitbox changes. Hope they fixed the d1+3 so it behaves like a normal OH.

BTW D’Vorah - Head victim region adjusted while performing Infested - this means that there's lower hurtbox when she performs the attack, meaning it won't trade as often.

Checked and it seems that the bf4 armour break restands at +9.

I have to be honest and say I'm disappointed that Arachnophobia has now become the official D'Vorah variation. It's not what interests me about playing her at all. I feel Buzzed makes her more unique.

Last edited:

Sonzai

Noob
Really dissapointed, they upped the damage of the Tsetse move but she still jumps over crouching characters
How is this still in the game after 2 years? this is almost hotfix level of hitbox issues
The swarm is so far also really awkward as an armor breaking move
Tried it a couple of times on the amp ground swarm and the timing to get it seems really strict
While missing it is begging to be wake up attack combo'd
The payoff also seems really little, other characters get a krushing blow or a launcher into combo
and d'vorah get a measly 9 frame advantage

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
Arachnophobia:

Regular combo: Starter-db3amp-db1-jin1-f13-swarm 29.9% dmg
Anti-breakaway: Starter-db3amp-db1-jin2-swarm 29% dmg

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Could Widow's Kiss delay finally be useful against Sheeva's teleport? You just wait for the screen to move and release it? Does that work?