What's new

D'vorah General Discussion

Two questions for something you guys probably figured out. How do you get around hard zoning styles, and how do you operate without a fast mid? Big adjustments for me lol.
if you jump back full screen and shoot an air firefly it temporarily prevents your opponent from going back full screen and jumping its not a fix all but you'd be shocked at the reaction you get when you perfectly space a firefly .... using her ex fireflies which shoots three usually gives you enough time to get in.

to make up for her not having the fastest hitting mid .. i use 1,2 which is usually hard to react with bug out and if you're checking with d,1 kapito rush , or d,3 rush ... her f2,2 is pretty good if you space it well and have meter to make it safe with db4 ... she can also make f2,2 safe if she has ex bug out

Last edited:

Malec

Noob
I am glad you guys enjoy arachnophobia, but I feel crippled in this variation without bug setups and even without the strings she got in buzzed. For me buzzed is still the better variation.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Can anyone help me out with the timing on one of her combos?

I was trying out her Krushing Blow combo off the DF2 anti-air and could not for the life of me connect the F13 after the jump in 1. No matter how I timed it, it just wouldn't combo. In many cases, even though I was jumping in immediately, even the jump in 1 wasn't combo'ing.

I was trying out her Krushing Blow combo off the DF2 anti-air and could not for the life of me connect the F13 after the jump in 1. No matter how I timed it, it just wouldn't combo. In many cases, even though I was jumping in immediately, even the jump in 1 wasn't combo'ing.
You just do j1 at the apex of your jump. If j1 doesn't combo, you did it too late. If f13 doesn't combo after j1, be quicker about it.

I'm honestly finding it really hard to not make any of this combo after df2 KB (because it always sets people the same standard distance away from you), so my best guess is you're just too slow with j1 into f13.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me out with the timing on one of her combos?

Its not that hard, no special tech requiered, just a regular ji1 f13. In any case, you can always dash f13 for guaranteed damage.

cashthesehands

monster masher
Messing around with the new variation a bit (i just wanna fly), and found a way to combo with flight.
bombardier ex ~ j1~fly~j1 whatever. You need the beetle to hit after the first j1, otherwise you wont have enough frame advantage for the hits to combo.

b34 at about max range leaves you at the right distance for the timing to work out:

In the corner you could link a jump kick, but there seems to be a lot of additional recovery after flight ~ jump kick.

not super practical (like the variation?), but there it is.

Last edited:
Just picked up D'Vorah, and she is really fun! One neat thing I'm not sure whether has been pointed out is if you do her B34 from a distance, you can combo the launch into a F13, DF2. The spacing and timing is pretty strict, but it's a low starter that does 229 for no meter.

Agilaz

It has begun
I tried her in arachno and she seemed fun, until I realized how badly she gets low profiled in a real match. For real, she's worse off than prepatch kano in that regard

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I tried her in arachno and she seemed fun, until I realized how badly she gets low profiled in a real match. For real, she's worse off than prepatch kano in that regard
Yep and I don't see that getting fixed to be honest. She's got serious whiffing issues that were never addressed and her best mid is her sweep. We'll be lucky if the overhead in buzzed that whiffs on crouch blockers gets fixed.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Thinking of learning Buzzed for next season, been watching Sonic Fox's Dvorah guide on YT, any other high level players yall recommend on youtube to get some Dvorah Buzzed tech?

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
Thinking of learning Buzzed for next season, been watching Sonic Fox's Dvorah guide on YT, any other high level players yall recommend on youtube to get some Dvorah Buzzed tech?
D'vorah isn't a charater you can just watch a guide and get. Everyone is going to play her a little bit different especially in buzzed.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I really should get around to updating my setups. I've got plenty, but very few recorded, since the patch that changed how a lot of them worked.

But as a Bread and butter setup, I tend to go midscreen with starter~ amp db1, >21~ amp df3. Sacrifices damage, but most advantage. What I do at this point is usually b4 or f4. If they get hit, you have enough time to land an untechable throw combo, you're covered and won't get punished hard, and if they're too respectful, you can still get the grab if they're blocking. You can also do b34 instead of the untechable throw and still convert.

I also go for this after 121 and a dash amp df3 if people prove to be defensive.

Here's a couple short clips showing it in action.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I really should get around to updating my setups. I've got plenty, but very few recorded, since the patch that changed how a lot of them worked.

But as a Bread and butter setup, I tend to go midscreen with starter~ amp db1, >21~ amp df3. Sacrifices damage, but most advantage. What I do at this point is usually b4 or f4. If they get hit, you have enough time to land an untechable throw combo, you're covered and won't get punished hard, and if they're too respectful, you can still get the grab if they're blocking. You can also do b34 instead of the untechable throw and still convert.

I also go for this after 121 and a dash amp df3 if people prove to be defensive.

Here's a couple short clips showing it in action.

Thanks man I'll lab some of this tonight.

Any really big lesser known weaknesses or red flag MUs to know about?