What's new

D'vorah General Discussion

The strings are pointless unless you somehow manage to actually get one of those kb's (you won't outside of the punish string).
I used to think that to but it came to me recently that the KBs of F2 2 U1+3 and F2 2 D1+3 create a mixup against someone who knows they can flawless block the D1+3. When they drop block to flawless the D1+3 they would get hit by U1+3 and ear the KB. Its just a shame F2 2 U1+3 is now punishable and F2 2 D1+3 whiffs on many characters for a full punish and nobody is gonna attempt flawless blocking online let alone even know dvorahs strings

Faust

Why you look like we?
I used to think that to but it came to me recently that the KBs of F2 2 U1+3 and F2 2 D1+3 create a mixup against someone who knows they can flawless block the D1+3. When they drop block to flawless the D1+3 they would get hit by U1+3 and ear the KB. Its just a shame F2 2 U1+3 is now punishable and F2 2 D1+3 whiffs on many characters for a full punish and nobody is gonna attempt flawless blocking online let alone even know dvorahs strings
If they could fix f2,2,D1+3 so it doesn't miss on some crouching characters it would make a huge difference. I'm fine with f2,2,4 ending in a duckable high as it creates a mix up with D1+3 overhead....or it would if D1+3 worked properly. At the moment U1+3 only seems usefull for meterless damage, but the fact that it will whiff if you hit F2,2 from to far away kinda nullifies that viability.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Damn this forums is starting to look like the joker IJ 2 forums lol

Having fun with the character but I’m def struggling a bit with a lot of the cast here..

I’m trying to use the 2nd tourney var and I like the concept of firefly bf1 butcik having a bit of a time specially up with pressure characters etc

What strings should I be using for d?

This D'Vorah skin that you get in Kytinn Hive:

I love it!
Nice! I got the gold one like this and it's great! She has some interesting designs. There's also one where she has like a cloth alternate to her standard ripped one which is also cool.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Dvorah stuff is slowly coming in. I've put up the jab pressure option select and the Erron Black dropkick punish videos. And there are pressure tactics evolving that incorporate whiffed air grabs to reduce recover frames.

I think there's not a lot to specifically talk about because dvorah players are probably focused on just getting solid.

F22 at range into bug is -9 on blk. D4 into bug at range is -8 on block.

Bf1 on hit the stun is increased the further the range. At certain ranges on hit you can dash in and d4 before opponent can jump. Interupts 6f D1.

If you block any footies db4 will interupt any further pressure. You can D1 back but Db4 produces great hit stun that iy jails into standing 1. I think also jails standing 4 but need more testing. You cant just duck after Db4 because it jails.. you can mixup with throws or D2(pushes opponent away). Its wiser to block any follow ups of Db4 because you can even f22 to interupt 6f d1.
Condition your opponent to block after db4 with d4/d2/jab string for further damaging mixups (b34, f4, throws).

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
F22 at range into bug is -9 on blk. D4 into bug at range is -8 on block.

Bf1 on hit the stun is increased the further the range. At certain ranges on hit you can dash in and d4 before opponent can jump. Interupts 6f D1.

If you block any footies db4 will interupt any further pressure. You can D1 back but Db4 produces great hit stun that iy jails into standing 1. I think also jails standing 4 but need more testing. You cant just duck after Db4 because it jails.. you can mixup with throws or D2(pushes opponent away). Its wiser to block any follow ups of Db4 because you can even f22 to interupt 6f d1.
Condition your opponent to block after db4 with d4/d2/jab string for further damaging mixups (b34, f4, throws).
Db4 is +13 on hit, so anything lower than that can jail. You actually can't stop a 6f d1 with f2 from that though. Not when done correctly. 20 - 13 = 7 and that should only trade. Also, if they hold up, it messes up f22 because they have time to get off the ground. Same happens to b3~db4.

This is why I push for D'vorah to be able to launch off her highs properly. People can mash out of +13 and only take 90 -110 damage, unless we make the hardest of reads and just 4~amp db1.

The prerelease D'vorah would've jailed f13. That's something we need.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm looking for a new secondary/pocket, if I pick up D'Vorah, what is my game plan on her? What are my goals and what should I focus on as a beginner D'Vorah?

Yes on paper you would think that after db4 f22 would get beat by 6f D1. The window is very small (1 frame) in order to interupt and even then it trades. I urge others to go into practice mode and test themselves. Im thinking because you have to duck before the d1. 21222 is great also. 21 df2 into more pressure. Gimmicky but I like it.

F22 isnt the "go to" option after db4. You gotta be nuts to try poking after with other threats in Dvorah arsenal.

I'm looking for a new secondary/pocket, if I pick up D'Vorah, what is my game plan on her? What are my goals and what should I focus on as a beginner D'Vorah?
my gameplan is approach through j.1, d4, or f1 and get the opponent in the corner so you can lay a phat df3 AMP after a knockdown and open them up
You can launch off db1 AMP but only off of the strings/normals:
f2, 2 db1 AMP, slow 20 framer but it's her only mid
f1, 3 db1 AMP, go-to after a hit j.1.
df2 KB allows you to j.1 f1,3 db1 AMP but personally i cut the j.1 and just dash f1, 3 db1 AMP because i prefer consistency
s4 db1 AMP 11f startup punish

As for db1 AMP followups her damage is always going to be low unless your combo starts with df2 KB
b3, 4 (side swap into corner)
s2, 1 df2 (easy, consistent damage midscreen, optionally amp again to close out the round)
s1, s1, s4, 4 (easy, consistent corner combo for great hit advantage)
microdash s1, 2, 1 (leaves a lot of distance midscreen and does great damage. do this against jaqui keep that bitch out)
s2 df3 (midscreen this is great against people who juggle escape whenever they can. leaves a good amount of space for wakeup safety)
Fatal blow is easily confirmable off s2,1 but do the s2 late as FB has terrible vertical hitbox

Counter zoning with j.bf1 AMP is great until your opponent finds the gaps between the bugs.
Get creative with db4. you can cancel into it from your low pokes, amplify on reaction to the opponent block, and if they block the amplified version you're -4 but nobody knows this so most people will hold block letting you grab or d3 them. They will fear your option to cancel it from low pokes. Gimmicky but you have to do anything you can do get damage with this character

gl against geras this ignorant character could use his 6f advancing half screen wakeup up2 if you try to setup df3 in a combo whereas pretty much any other character you can outrange their wakeups. You also have no hope of throwing any projectile at him cause they're so slow he will sand trap you for free for 31%. Hope this helps anyone reading

Raider

Noob
Anyone had issues with unlocking her "Bug-Vorah" achievement?
I finished my friend in an online match with the bug today but achievement is still locked. I am playing on PC.

Edit: Actually it's unlocked, sorry. There just wasn't a notification.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Hit confirm F13 and F22 into puddle amp combos. Learn how to input DF2 anti-air fast from crouch and learn combos for its Krushing Blow. Jail pressure from DB4 on hit, block confirm DB4 into DB4 amp. Use her humongous JI1 and good range to whiff punish. Don't be afraid to mix with her overhead a bit, especially when aided by setups.

In Buzzed, practice the different ranges of her rising wasps while getting used to how to work with them in neutral. They can be used to deny approach, to place a wall behind the opponent, to just add some obstacle course on the screen and to trade with other projectiles. Her stripscetera special can be used for strong setups and to deny approach while covering D'vorah's back a bit. Against some characters this can be some Marvel 2 shit. For a character like Scorpion you may have to play more patiently and look for value in setups and offensive momentum.

In Arachnophobia, just practice doing combos with the teleport and pay attention to the wasp mechanic. This variation is all about being solid with the base D'vorah set but with a little more neutral help in the slow teleport. Each normal projectile puts 1 of 5 wasps on the opponent, and BF4 amp puts all 5. You use DD1 for a bar of offensive meter to make each of those wasps do a one time 3% damage, up to 15%. This makes her base zoning much more effective as it's more punishing to get chipped away by wasps but you have to also consider that each Krushing/Fatal Blow or certain interactables will make the wasps disappear. Basically, if you get the opponent down to sub 15% and you wasp call with 5 wasps, you get a free win.

It's happening boys. SOnicfox is playing D'vorah in a KotH with Scar and others and winning. It's hilarious.

He's beaten scar's scorpion, sonya and now playing a geras. I think he's just better than everyone. But he is going at it with her.

Last edited:
Great stream. The summary is basically she isn't as bad as people say she is. They (scar and the other guy) eventually had to pick Sonya and Jaqui exclusively to beat the madness but to their credit they didnt know the matchup, They figured it out eventually and the games were eve. Sonic seemed to figure it back out towards the end.

He basically said that all they need is to give her a few faster normals like in the beta and she will be good. After watching this madness, I don't disagree. She just takes... some effort... to play.

If you can, watch the stream vod.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, tried D'vorah last night and surprisingly I've been winning!

I decided to use her 2nd variation because it sucks. This taught me how to be patient, how to play footsies, and how to use the least amount of tools to outplay your opponent.

I want to continue working with her. Even though ive been losing alot, ive been learning alot. Figuring out her combos BnBs. So far i came up with

F13 xx Amp puddle, 4 xx DF2 Amp to give more damage. Yes, its 2 bars BUT I don't play pressure at all. So i gladly walk back to make them come to me and react to a teleport when they try to throw a fireball.

Anybody else use her 2nd variation?

Second Saint

Apparently, tried D'vorah last night and surprisingly I've been winning!

I decided to use her 2nd variation because it sucks. This taught me how to be patient, how to play footsies, and how to use the least amount of tools to outplay your opponent.

I want to continue working with her. Even though ive been losing alot, ive been learning alot. Figuring out her combos BnBs. So far i came up with

F13 xx Amp puddle, 4 xx DF2 Amp to give more damage. Yes, its 2 bars BUT I don't play pressure at all. So i gladly walk back to make them come to me and react to a teleport when they try to throw a fireball.

Anybody else use her 2nd variation?

I've messed around with it a little, but don't really play it much. What kind of combo are you doing from the teleport? I tend to do Amp Widow's kiss, ji2, f13~ender, but you can also make the same combo switch sides by dashing forward and using crossup j2.

Do you know how Deadly Swarm works, because the tool tip doesn't actually list how it works entirely. On top of adding bugs with her projectile, her swarm bf4 adds one, and amp bf4 adds all of them. So you can end with amp bf4, make them respect a d1, throw, back off and see if they give you something to whiff punish, whatever. Then whenever you get a bar, take 150 damage off them in the neutral.

Theoretically, amp swarm may also be good to use as an anti-air from certain ranges. It's incredibly active and has a pretty large hitbox in front of her.

After a db4 on hit, remember that most of your highs jail, so you can use 12, 21, or 4 to make them respect that +13. With 12 and 21, you can hit confirm into db4 again and put them right back into the same situation. Eventually they learn to block and you can start throwing them, but I'm starting to think this might not be the best thing, since people will try and read your throw with a neutral duck d2 KB or a jump normal into full combo, and this so heavily out damages your options to stop them from doing it that it becomes a problem. If they do that, I can take about 95 to 110 damage if I guessed right. If they guess right, it's 40% on some characters.

If you're up for it, I'd be happy to play you some time. I tend to play Buzzed over Arachnophobia, but a lot of it still applies.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I've messed around with it a little, but don't really play it much. What kind of combo are you doing from the teleport? I tend to do Amp Widow's kiss, ji2, f13~ender, but you can also make the same combo switch sides by dashing forward and using crossup j2.

Do you know how Deadly Swarm works, because the tool tip doesn't actually list how it works entirely. On top of adding bugs with her projectile, her swarm bf4 adds one, and amp bf4 adds all of them. So you can end with amp bf4, make them respect a d1, throw, back off and see if they give you something to whiff punish, whatever. Then whenever you get a bar, take 150 damage off them in the neutral.

Theoretically, amp swarm may also be good to use as an anti-air from certain ranges. It's incredibly active and has a pretty large hitbox in front of her.

After a db4 on hit, remember that most of your highs jail, so you can use 12, 21, or 4 to make them respect that +13. With 12 and 21, you can hit confirm into db4 again and put them right back into the same situation. Eventually they learn to block and you can start throwing them, but I'm starting to think this might not be the best thing, since people will try and read your throw with a neutral duck d2 KB or a jump normal into full combo, and this so heavily out damages your options to stop them from doing it that it becomes a problem. If they do that, I can take about 95 to 110 damage if I guessed right. If they guess right, it's 40% on some characters.

If you're up for it, I'd be happy to play you some time. I tend to play Buzzed over Arachnophobia, but a lot of it still applies.
So the combo i do from widows kiss is...

I use F22 as a neutral from a distance and when it hits I go F22 xx widows kiss Amp, J2, F13 xx DF2 Amp to give more damage over time.

BUT i had NO IDEA Amp BF4 puts all the bugs on the opponent. THATS A MAJOR GAME CHANGER! So now im ending my combos with that to get all them bugs!

So Deadly Swarm i think ur referring to DD2 that costs a bar of meter, basically has whatever bugs you have on your opponent to attack them causing quick DoT damage depending on how many bugs you have, then they come back to you. So that moves basically is a great way to checkmate your opponent OR I've seen it used in the middle of a combo while the opponent is in the cocoon of Amp Widows kiss.

I'm actually gonna try that in training mode when i get home because that looked swaggy as fuck! OOOOOO Thank you for that info!

Second Saint

So the combo i do from widows kiss is...

I use F22 as a neutral from a distance and when it hits I go F22 xx widows kiss Amp, J2, F13 xx DF2 Amp to give more damage over time.

BUT i had NO IDEA Amp BF4 puts all the bugs on the opponent. THATS A MAJOR GAME CHANGER! So now im ending my combos with that to get all them bugs!

So Deadly Swarm i think ur referring to DD2 that costs a bar of meter, basically has whatever bugs you have on your opponent to attack them causing quick DoT damage depending on how many bugs you have, then they come back to you. So that moves basically is a great way to checkmate your opponent OR I've seen it used in the middle of a combo while the opponent is in the cocoon of Amp Widows kiss.

I'm actually gonna try that in training mode when i get home because that looked swaggy as fuck! OOOOOO Thank you for that info!
Well, if you're going for swag, and are committed to Arachnophobia, then you may be interested to know that you can do Widow's Kiss, db1, ji1, f13~ender. The timing is pretty tight imo, but if you drop the db1, worst case scenario is that they have to block a puddle.

Also, I don't agree with using dd1 in combos unless you know it will kill. They get scaled in combos so you'll lose 30 damage compared to doing it in the neutral.