What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

It still serves its purpose well as a defensive move, it gets your attack off of you and can shift momentum in your favor. Just because it isn't an armored launcher doesn't mean it's automatically booty, Predator's fastest armor move is a launcher yet the consensus is that it's a poor defensive special.

Also b1 not being hit confirmable has been debunked, has it not? Regardless, it's still safe and you'd have to make a hard read if you want to counter hit her next button for a full combo.
Look my argument was to explain why taking b1 combos out would hurt too much. If they did this i would just rather play cage at that point. The only reason i play dvora over him is because she has true 50/50's. I find it slightly easier to open people up with her when pressureing.

Meep8345

Noob
Look my argument was to explain why taking b1 combos out would hurt too much. If they did this i would just rather play cage at that point. The only reason i play dvora over him is because she has true 50/50's. I find it slightly easier to open people up with her when pressureing.
Her d4/b14 is a pretty decent 50/50 imo especially with how good her pressure is after a d4 on hit. She'd still be really good.

Man if its true that all launching armor is being taken out, were going to virtually not have anything to fear on wake up or os. If we get through this patch untouched this would be awesome lol

Welp after watching this patch and reading some of the patch notes yomi zyphox shared with reo im not sure if i want to play dvora anymore. Being able to only cancel once during pressure means both our chip and meter building is gone, puddle only being +3 on block doesnt even guarentee f1 anymore (this also means puddle mind games mid pressure to rebuild stamina is useless now) starting an offense after running in will be a joke. Sigh....... welp, mystic ermac got away with murder on a stick, so im off to play him.

However i will say i was surprised they let her keep b1 and instead made f2 a mid. Not that it mattered much cuz we still have f34 and there increasing the cancel adv. Of f3 (so i guess our new oh combo is f3 cancel 212) but due to the universal stamina nerfs doing b1 cancels become way more situational (at least for me personally cuz i always liked doing f112 cancel s2, b1 cancel 212) this is no longer possible.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
She's still good though.. she just isn't retarded. Puddle being +3 is completely fair considering it's meterless and that there are setups that guarantee that shit.

She's still good though.. she just isn't (soap bar in my mouth). Puddle being +3 is completely fair considering it's meterless and that there are setups that guarantee that shit.
There is not one setup she has that guarentees it ever in swarm queen lol. You could always armor through it both during pressure and knock down situations. You could also just delay wu to make that shit miss entirely. And a good player always either ran up and whiffed punished on reaction or jumped out of it during pressure free because of its slow as all hell start up. Seriously making it only plus 3 (seeing as though the ONLY situation you would consider blocking it is during wu) is simply not enough. Over normalized in my opinion.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I still haven't gotten the update...

Oof, I am very curious to see how much the only one cancel a turn is going to affect SQ. I can live with the puddle not being super plus.. that was really broke tbh. I think Venmous is going to become more popular, maybe, with the new armor move depending on its frame data and damage.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ok, I did some observing of the Venomous portion of the stream and I noticed something I'd call important. The new bug burst move adds it's own separate venom application. If you watch it, you'll notice that after the initial 13%, Liu starts ticking for .67*5 = 3.35 damage. However, this is completely separate from the .30 that's ticking from f2. I'm pretty interested in that, especially if bug burst is a combo starter in the corner.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Thats what im hoping for, the problem is the only set up she has that makes it hit super meaty is ending a combo with 212 which isnt an hkd like b12
B12 is a splat, not a hard knockdown. They both catch tech rolls, so there is effectively no difference in the corner. Her only setup that uses an actual hkd is off of b21, which requires sacrificing some damage for, though it did give you pretty great recovery. Enough to break 15 frame armors or so, which doesn't even matter now since so many armors have 2 hits.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Brood mother can combo easier from ex bug blast now in the corner so no more 1 Frame links we can now consistently use b1 as an opener.

I'm a happy man. I wanted nothing else than this

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
Brood mother can combo easier from ex bug blast now in the corner so no more 1 Frame links we can now consistently use b1 as an opener.

I'm a happy man. I wanted nothing else than this
What about midscreen? Can she mixup with 1 bar now?

Can't test at the moment, I would appreciate it if someone could let me know :)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I cant get behind the EX spray changes to venomous. We already had an armoured get off me move and we have no real need to put people full screen.
In double/triple armour meta EX spray would be godlike to beat wakeups, also would be handy to have restands in the corner for 1 bar, so its a real shame to see them remake the move to be shitty.

please can some one check the frame data for the new armor move in venomous?

i got miss feeling about the new venomous because yes she is a new character now

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
please can some one check the frame data for the new armor move in venomous?

i got miss feeling about the new venomous because yes she is a new character now
Its 0 on block with pushback. Does not allow combo on hit even off deeeeeep njp. It send full screen does 13% + some ticks. Unsure if it has 1 or 2 armour hits.