What's new

D'Vorah Combos and Video Thread

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
Anything we find for D'Vorah, let's post it here!

Not sure if anybody saw Honeybee use her against biohazard, but this video is awesome and I figured it'd be a solid place to start.

Enjoy!

Rey

Reycier
There was an hotfix few hours ago.
Maybe the combos doesn't work like in the video anymore.
her moves are slower now

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
So her 50/50's aren't worth it...I can't stagger...anything. Her fastest mid or low that isn't a poke is 17f, so if I land a d1 I get another d1. 21 is negative on hit. My best whiff punisher is a 15f high, and since s1 doesn't link into anything significant, she basically has no punishes that will actually deter people outside of the 12 1+2 KB.

I'm actually upset about this. Not disappointed. Fucking upset. D'vorah sold this game for me. I was on the edge, but they brought back my main and she was actually looking good and while I wasn't even feeling great about her last night, now she's just...awful. I don't know that I'll be putting time into this game anymore, tbh. This just killed not only all of my hype, but all of my will. I'm a born and bred pessimist and I already thought she might not be that great and then...this.

I can't even b34 under projectiles on a read now. It doesn't come out. The only thing I thought was too much about her was that she really shouldn't have effectively safe 50/50's, because no one should.

Raider

Noob
So her 50/50's aren't worth it...I can't stagger...anything. Her fastest mid or low that isn't a poke is 17f, so if I land a d1 I get another d1. 21 is negative on hit. My best whiff punisher is a 15f high, and since s1 doesn't link into anything significant, she basically has no punishes that will actually deter people outside of the 12 1+2 KB.

I'm actually upset about this. Not disappointed. Fucking upset. D'vorah sold this game for me. I was on the edge, but they brought back my main and she was actually looking good and while I wasn't even feeling great about her last night, now she's just...awful. I don't know that I'll be putting time into this game anymore, tbh. This just killed not only all of my hype, but all of my will. I'm a born and bred pessimist and I already thought she might not be that great and then...this.

I can't even b34 under projectiles on a read now. It doesn't come out. The only thing I thought was too much about her was that she really shouldn't have effectively safe 50/50's, because no one should.
I don't understand why they did this to her. I am shocked.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I can't tell if you guys are serious or?.. Lol she was dumb. Take it from someone who mained her in mkx. I refused to even touch her until they toned her down a bit. I don't agree with everything an would have been fine with f2 being slower and the grab combo being removed. But either way she is fine. She's the same speed ...

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I might not be happy about her frame data, but here's the few BNB's I've got so far @Psyren136 , mostly going for consistency over how optimal they are at this point. For starters, it'll typically be either f13 or f22, since nothing else starts, and for enders you can either do df2 for the most damage, Swarm (I can't remember the input and don't want to look it up. bf3 or 4) to restand and be +4, or df3.

[starter] amp db1, f13~[ender]
I find f13 a little inconsistent so far, and end up going for 4~df2 instead fairly often.

If you time it right mid screen, you can convert off of b34 if you end your previous combo in df3. Not even amp df3, just the regular. Same goes for the corner, obviously.

b34, dash f13~[ender]
Corner: b34, 1, 1, 4~[ender]

Keep in mind that if you're putting df3 down, you'll want to do that with as much gravity and as high as possible, since the bugs don't come out if you block before they're ready.

I've spent a good bit of time trying to find an optimal off the teleport in the second variation, and so far I've got

amp. db3, db1, dash, f13~ender.
easier options: amp. db3, db1, dash, 4/f22~ender

If done right, the puddle hits them as they're dropping to the ground, allowing you to continue juggling from it. Also, I'm putting a bounty on a combo that let's us end in amp db3, because then we'd literally be able to drop them onto a full puddle with no chance of escape. That's essentially what happens whenever you mess up this combo.

Chints

Noob

SonicFox playing some of the bug lady. Second fight onwards.

Edit: This may have been pre-nerf. Not sure. Haven't kept up with D'Vorah shenanigans.

Rey

Reycier
Yeah that's pre-Hotfix.
good work @Second Saint.
her frames are horrible now...
I will test her today how she feels after this nerfs but I think with this frames she is out of vailable range.
she can't punish anything that's under - 16 now.
That is looking very bad for our Queen

Looking closer at D'Vorah, I think there may have been some oversights when they nerfed her. I don't think they accounted for the design of her krushing blows when they changes some strings. For instance, her F22 U 1+3 has a krushing blow requirement that the third hit of the string is the first to hit the opponent. Apparently before the patch, you could whiff F22 and still do the U1+3, so there was a bit of a mind game there. Will they do the third hit, or not...

Now, you can't do that, and f22 is really negative -15 on block to be exact. If you whiff it, you die because it has a recovery of 39. Therefore, there is literally no situation in which you have the meta of will they, or won't they, because if they don't, they're screwed. Fixing this would help her alot because she would have a more realistic threat in the neutral.

I think her B34 used to allow you to whiff the B3 and still finish the string as well, which would have been nice to get in on zoners.

Looking closer at D'Vorah, I think there may have been some oversights when they nerfed her. I don't think they accounted for the design of her krushing blows when they changes some strings. For instance, her F22 U 1+3 has a krushing blow requirement that the third hit of the string is the first to hit the opponent. Apparently before the patch, you could whiff F22 and still do the U1+3, so there was a bit of a mind game there. Will they do the third hit, or not...

Now, you can't do that, and f22 is really negative -15 on block to be exact. If you whiff it, you die because it has a recovery of 39. Therefore, there is literally no situation in which you have the meta of will they, or won't they, because if they don't, they're screwed. Fixing this would help her alot because she would have a more realistic threat in the neutral.

I think her B34 used to allow you to whiff the B3 and still finish the string as well, which would have been nice to get in on zoners.
Yeah they fkd her bad. She has no way to punish anything except by d1 or throws for the most part unless the move the opponent has done is super negative and/or they wiff something huge in your face. They need to go back and fix her frames so shes atleast viable. Not just a high risk, slow ass whiff punisher.

SonicFox playing some of the bug lady. Second fight onwards.

Edit: This may have been pre-nerf. Not sure. Haven't kept up with D'Vorah shenanigans.
Looking at this i can see slightly why she got nerfed but they should have only touched her overhead and low speed. Not her f22 or f13 speeds at all, that's why her combos and combo potential overall is lacking. She can barely convert off jik's or anti airs. And for Gods sake atleast let her have the f22 extensions and b34 go on wiff

No doubt she was strong, but just as you said NRS went overboard. She has one mid (besides her d1) and its completely trash now. F22 whiffing means death. They slowed it down, made it completely unsafe AND increased the recovery/removed ability to complete full combo..

Im almost convinced that to optimize dvorahs bnbs (which barely hit high 200s) you have to make sure to hit your button presses within 1-3 frames or drop the combo. Example: J1 f13 x db1(amp) S1 f13 ender. The f13 part is so hard but increases the damage the most after adding the s1

Faust

Why you look like we?
Im almost convinced that to optimize dvorahs bnbs (which barely hit high 200s) you have to make sure to hit your button presses within 1-3 frames or drop the combo. Example: J1 f13 x db1(amp) S1 f13 ender. The f13 part is so hard but increases the damage the most after adding the s1
Try D1 instead of S1. The timing is much easier as D1 leaves them at a better height for f13 and the damage is the same.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
In the corner:
DF3 B34 21~DF2 for 233.07 damage. Requires the bug setup but keeps them in the corner.

You can also do:
DF3 B34 21~DF3 . Only 178.77 damage but drops another bug, so you can loop it.